SportsWrath

The Bradshaw era will be ending soon

JMFP

I'm not sure if it's going to be this weekend, or the 49ers game, but the era of Bradshaw as the starting running back will come to an end.

Because if the Giants stick with Bradshaw, we are fucked.

I didn't see the segment, so if anyone else has the game on tape, please confim.....

Apparently, on Giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned that when it was 1st and 10 on the Eagles 26, the running play with Bradshaw could have resulted in a nice gain if he stayed with the play. Instead, Bradshaw bailed on the designed blocking, and instead, got 1 fucking yard because he bounced out. Banks indicated that the play could have gone for 6-7 yards.

So, instead of looking at a 44 yarder, the Giants would have been looking at a 37 or 38 yard shot.

I'm really tired of watching Bradshaw make the line look like shit. How else do you explain how Bradshaw tanked against the Bucs, but then after he got injured, Brown comes in and rips it up? Same offensive line....same opponent....on the same day.

Give me a fucking break with this guy.

So Bradshaw in his five carries against TB before he got hurt was enough to show you he tanked?

Wilson only had three carries for six yards against TB, so did he tank as well? Is he a bust?

I'm not arguing that Bradshaw should be the starter, because I dont think we should even have a starting RB. Pull a Giant's of '08 and just run everyone as much as possible and keep rotating them out.

Have Bradshaw on play one, Brown on play two, Wilson on play three, rinse and repeat, of course this wont happen because Wilson is apparently afraid of the ball when on offense.

So Bradshaw in his five carries against TB before he got hurt was enough to show you he tanked?

Wilson only had three carries for six yards against TB, so did he tank as well? Is he a bust?

I'm not arguing that Bradshaw should be the starter, because I dont think we should even have a starting RB. Pull a Giant's of '08 and just run everyone as much as possible and keep rotating them out.

Have Bradshaw on play one, Brown on play two, Wilson on play three, rinse and repeat, of course this wont happen because Wilson is apparently afraid of the ball when on offense.

The difference between Bradshaw, Wilson, and Brown is that Bradshaw is a known quantity.

When was the last time Bradshaw had a 100 yard game? And prior to that, when was the last time?

Bradshaw was ineffective against Dallas, TB and the Eagles. If he didn't get injured against TB, the Giants would likely be 1-3.

If Andre Brown got the carry on 1st and 10 from the 26, and stuck with the play as Carl Banks saw it, then we've got a 11/11 kicker lining up for a field goal inside 40 yards instead of trying to kick outside his career long.

http://espn.go.com/n.../lawrence-tynes

Bradshaw's impatience helped lose the game last week.

Bradshaw "quantity" sucks now.....maybe after the Giants drop to 2-3, or 2-4, the hook comes out.

Bradshaw was ineffective against Dallas, TB and the Eagles. If he didn't get injured against TB, the Giants would likely be 1-3.

If Andre Brown got the carry on 1st and 10 from the 26, and stuck with the play as Carl Banks saw it, then we've got a 11/11 kicker lining up for a field goal inside 40 yards instead of trying to kick outside his career long.

Bradshaws impatience helped lose the game last week.

The difference between Bradshaw, Wilson, and Brown is that Bradshaw is a known quantity.

When was the last time Bradshaw had a 100 yard game?

And prior to that, when was the last time?

Bradshaw "quantity" sucks now.....maybe after the Giants drop to 2-3, or 2-4, the hook comes out.

And when the Giants don't drop to 2-3 or 2-4 with Bradshaw as the starter, what then?

The problem is Andre Brown needs time to dominate.......he comes on strong when left in there

Everytime they brought him in against the Eagles, we ran him.........you do not think the Eagles knew that?

If they know you're coming, you need GB's 1961 line to make it work

Not disagreeing with you Joe.

But keep acting like it.

Blue, you responded to my post with....

I'm not sure what you wanted me to do with that, then. I assumed a response is what you expected. My bad.

Blue, you responded to my post with....

I'm not sure what you wanted me to do with that, then. I assumed a response is what you expected. My bad.

Well you said Bradshaw tanked in TB, he had five carries before he got hurt, what do you expect?

Read my post, I said Bradshaw shouldnt be starting, we should be using ALL of our RBs, split the carries, keep the legs fresh and change up the plays.

Keep the defense honest, honestly the O-line is still a revolving door, some plays they block well other plays they let everyone and their mother through the line.

Use Bradshaw as the steady down back who knows the offense, have him run, pass catch or block. Bring in Brown for the north and south running make the D bring in the heavy line to plus the gaps, then bring in Wilson for a quick screen or pitch and have him bounce it to the outside and use that return speed he has to make the D respect the edge.

Right now Silly Gilly is running all the backs at the same style, I don't blame him Wilson is allergic to the ball, but right now with the O-line the way it is we got to start thinking of some more creative things to get the run game going and keep Eli upright, without Eli we have no chance of doing anything this season.

Well you said Bradshaw tanked in TB, he had five carries before he got hurt, what do you expect?

Read my post, I said Bradshaw shouldnt be starting, we should be using ALL of our RBs, split the carries, keep the legs fresh and change up the plays.

Keep the defense honest, honestly the O-line is still a revolving door, some plays they block well other plays they let everyone and their mother through the line.

Use Bradshaw as the steady down back who knows the offense, have him run, pass catch or block. Bring in Brown for the north and south running make the D bring in the heavy line to plus the gaps, then bring in Wilson for a quick screen or pitch and have him bounce it to the outside and use that return speed he has to make the D respect the edge.

Right now Silly Gilly is running all the backs at the same style, I don't blame him Wilson is allergic to the ball, but right now with the O-line the way it is we got to start thinking of some more creative things to get the run game going and keep Eli upright, without Eli we have no chance of doing anything this season.

Bradshaw has tanked all season....he was mediocre last season as well. The last (and only) time he's cracked 1000 yards was 2 years ago, which is like dog years as far as running backs are concerned.

I think the best bet is to use the guy who sticks with his blockers....and that's Andre Brown.

I have a very tough time condemning an offensive line for it's run blocking when Bradshaw isn't even sticking to the play.

Wilson should be used as a running back.....even if that means telegraphing a play. Gilbride can set the formations so that they can't just stuff the box against him.

Bradshaw has tanked all season....he was mediocre last season as well. The last (and only) time he's cracked 1000 yards was 2 years ago, which is like dog years as far as running backs are concerned.

I think the best bet is to use the guy who sticks with his blockers....and that's Andre Brown.

I have a very tough time condemning an offensive line for it's run blocking when Bradshaw isn't even sticking to the play.

Wilson should be used as a running back.....even if that means telegraphing a play. Gilbride can set the formations so that they can't just stuff the box against him.

It's very easy to condemn the offensive line.

We are ranked 23rd in the run, luckily we are one of the top passing teams.

Just look at what a decent defense did against our O-line in the Eagles game.

It's very easy to condemn the offensive line.

We are ranked 23rd in the run, luckily we are one of the top passing teams.

Just look at what a decent defense did against our O-line in the Eagles game.

My point is that Bradshaw makes this line look alot worse than it actually is. The line sure looked good when Brown was in. And that included work against a Tampa Bay rush defense that is ranked tied with San Francisco in terms of yards per carry, and is better than San Franciscon in terms of yards per game allowed.

The Giants wouldn't tolerate a wide receiver that decided he'd run a different route than what is drawn up. I don't understand why they would tolerate a running back that will consistently jump outside his running lane and freelance instead of sticking with his blockers.

In the case of last week, it contributed to a loss.

My point is that Bradshaw makes this line look alot worse than it actually is. The line sure looked good when Brown was in. And that included work against a Tampa Bay rush defense that is ranked tied with San Francisco in terms of yards per carry, and is better than San Franciscon in terms of yards per game allowed.

The Giants wouldn't tolerate a wide receiver that decided he'd run a different route than what is drawn up. I don't understand why they would tolerate a running back that will consistently jump outside his running lane and freelance instead of sticking with his blockers.

In the case of last week, it contributed to a loss.

If you honestly think Tampa Bays defense is on the same level of San Frans then I don't know what to tell you.

I think I've said this in another thread but why run against Tampa when they are ranked dead last in passing defense, Eli put 500 yards on them, why would anyone continue to run against the Bucs? Hell last week the Skins dropped 150 yards + rushing on TB plus another 300+ yards in the air.

Tampa Bays defense despite being ranked top in rushing D, is a misleading stat, they have a garbage defense which was being pushed around by the Giants.

The Eagles on the other hand, have a better defense and look how that turned out.

Bradshaw's impatience helped lose the game last week.

Brown limped of the field earlier in the game. I don't know if he was ever back in there after that.

The logic in this is pretty flawed. Bradshaw gained 2 yards or whatever, it was a very makeable field goal from where they were, had they not inexplicably thrown the ball down to the goalline into impressive coverage....why they weren't running to set the ball up dead center in the middle of the field is beyond me, anyway....they shouldn't have even been running to the outside----away from where they should be trying to get the ball----which makes this a pretty moot point.

If you honestly think Tampa Bays defense is on the same level of San Frans then I don't know what to tell you.

I think I've said this in another thread but why run against Tampa when they are ranked dead last in passing defense, Eli put 500 yards on them, why would anyone continue to run against the Bucs? Hell last week the Skins dropped 150 yards + rushing on TB plus another 300+ yards in the air.

Tampa Bays defense despite being ranked top in rushing D, is a misleading stat, they have a garbage defense which was being pushed around by the Giants.

The Eagles on the other hand, have a better defense and look how that turned out.

Please, we played right into the strength of Philly's defense. Ask any Philly fan if they were more worried about Badwheels Bradshaw or Andre Brown.

As for Tampa's garbage defense.....tied for 3rd in the league in yards per carry allowed. Numbers are numbers.

The logic in this is pretty flawed. Bradshaw gained 2 yards or whatever, it was a very makeable field goal from where they were, had they not inexplicably thrown the ball down to the goalline into impressive coverage....why they weren't running to set the ball up dead center in the middle of the field is beyond me, anyway....they shouldn't have even been running to the outside----away from where they should be trying to get the ball----which makes this a pretty moot point.

Bradshaw bailed on a play that would have given us 2nd and short. Instead, it was 2nd and long.

He's an undisciplined runner that no longer has the physical tools to compensate for his lack of patience and vision. The declining stats bear this out.