SportsWrath

This kid is gonna be a rock on this team

Iceman_NYG

Not gonna lie I was kind of a colt McCoy guy too. He had some nice moments where I thought he had a winning makeup. I tend to have a soft spot for unheralded underdog qbs though (see Bortles, Blake).

My theory on nas loving webb is that in the draft prediction thread nas nailed that pick so he married himself to the guy.

However, while I understand the idea of not carrying two qb prospects as your two backup QBs and picking your draft pick over the last regimes draft pick I dont think he got a fair shake at all and Im kinda surprised at how dug in some of you fellas are in your opinions of him as either a future star or a total bum. I dont feel like I saw enough of him to have a strong opinion.

I totally think lauletta, pending this arrest thing, should start after the bye. The o-line is a big problem but Id rather see how he does with some adversity for 8 games before we have to make major offseason qb decisions then not see him at all. We need as much info on our qb situation as possible before we start investing free agency money or draft capital in it. Itd be nice to let him sit and learn while we improve the line and give him a fairer chance but the timing of mannings decline combined with our projected draft position doesnt really afford us the luxury of time.

Not gonna lie I was kind of a colt McCoy guy too. He had some nice moments where I thought he had a winning makeup. I tend to have a soft spot for unheralded underdog qbs though (see Bortles, Blake).

My theory on nas loving webb is that in the draft prediction thread nas nailed that pick so he married himself to the guy.

However, while I understand the idea of not carrying two qb prospects as your two backup QBs and picking your draft pick over the last regimes draft pick I dont think he got a fair shake at all and Im kinda surprised at how dug in some of you fellas are in your opinions of him as either a future star or a total bum. I dont feel like I saw enough of him to have a strong opinion.

You nailed it here pn all counts... my gripe is the kkid never got a fair shake and me picking him in the draft wasnt a guess... I really looked at the guy and thought he can be a star sitting a couple of years behind Eli.

You nailed it here pn all counts... my gripe is the kkid never got a fair shake and me picking him in the draft wasnt a guess... I really looked at the guy and thought he can be a star sitting a couple of years behind Eli.

A lot of players don't get the opportunity Webb did and still has, its just elsewhere. I don't think the Jets are a better place to develop in the NFL but he is on their practice squad and who knows where he ends up getting a real opportunity to stick.

I have been really curious as to what the staff didn't like in Webb.

I totally think lauletta, pending this arrest thing, should start after the bye. The o-line is a big problem but Id rather see how he does with some adversity for 8 games before we have to make major offseason qb decisions then not see him at all. We need as much info on our qb situation as possible before we start investing free agency money or draft capital in it. Itd be nice to let him sit and learn while we improve the line and give him a fairer chance but the timing of mannings decline combined with our projected draft position doesnt really afford us the luxury of time.

Perry Fewell and Spags were both gonna take over as head coach too.

The Cowboys spent a few years sucking donkey balls and they built a stellar offensive line... They still had Romo and lucked out with whats his face...

The Giants can absolutely spend the next draft addressing the offensive line and if it means trading down instead of drafting Bosa, so be it.... I can see the Giants drafting two OLs in the first should they trade down.

They can always sign a decent QB and dare I say Kapernik...

Kap could be the next Montana and the Giants would never give him the platform that is the NY media. Ever.

If he was any position other than QB, I probably wouldn't be so "fuck it" type of mentality.

QBs come and go in the NFL with out ever having a shot, and it's not because coaches have some gripe with them, they just suck.

Us moving on from a third round QB isnt going to tank this team, because at the end of the day Webb will probably never get his shot baring some sort of catastrophic injury that plagues the Jets QBs.

It's like that Nassib character, we let him go and it didnt make or break the team. There's only 32 starting QBs in the NFL.

The good ones start, the shitty ones don't (or shouldn't be) and the average ones like Webb/Nassib/Whoever sit on teams practice squads and move 10 times in their career.

If Webb was 1/10th the QB Nas believes he is, he would be backing someone up by this point.

If he was any position other than QB, I probably wouldn't be so "fuck it" type of mentality.

QBs come and go in the NFL with out ever having a shot, and it's not because coaches have some gripe with them, they just suck.

Us moving on from a third round QB isnt going to tank this team, because at the end of the day Webb will probably never get his shot baring some sort of catastrophic injury that plagues the Jets QBs.

It's like that Nassib character, we let him go and it didnt make or break the team. There's only 32 starting QBs in the NFL.

The good ones start, the shitty ones don't (or shouldn't be) and the average ones like Webb/Nassib/Whoever sit on teams practice squads and move 10 times in their career.

If Webb was 1/10th the QB Nas believes he is, he would be backing someone up by this point.

Yeah probably true. Im just saying as far as us evaluating him as fans I feel like its too small of a sample size, in preseason no less, to have a strong opinion of him

Yeah probably true. Im just saying as far as us evaluating him as fans I feel like its too small of a sample size, in preseason no less, to have a strong opinion of him

And you're right.

I'm actually on board with bringing Webb back, you never know after a few more seasons he might just develop.

I'm just not going to bank on it, or not care if it never happens.

We can go out there and sign one of the 100s of QBs who were second/third/fourth/fifth round picks with "high ceilings and physical attributes" other than Webb also.

The FO sure made up their minds about him before he gets a shot even in preseason... and wasted a 4th round pick in the process.... Does anyone really believe Lulu is better than Webb? Heck keep them both on the team instead of bringing in a veteran no one ever heard of before... I sure havent.

The FO sure made up their minds about him before he gets a shot even in preseason... and wasted a 4th round pick in the process.... Does anyone really believe Lulu is better than Webb? Heck keep them both on the team instead of bringing in a veteran no one ever heard of before... I sure havent.

I don't think any of them are better than the other.

They all suck and shouldn't be on an NFL roster lol

I don't think any of them are better than the other.

They all suck and shouldn't be on an NFL roster lol

You shouldnt be saying shit just for the sake of saying shit... you cant conclude someone sucks before that person has actually been given a chance to suck... shit fat fuck Flowers was given a chance after a chance.... that fat fuck we can conclude sucks.

So Lauletta is a wasted draft pick?

Bro, since when did you become a talent executive?

I can watch YouTube highlights at 11:30 PM too!

Webb was wayyyyyy to mechanically. Hes a bad version of Kerry Collins

Talent execs also selected the likes of Ryan Leaf and Johnny Football and Eric Flowers... dont give them too much credit.... its not rocket science...

Talent execs also selected the likes of Ryan Leaf and Johnny Football and Eric Flowers... dont give them too much credit.... its not rocket science...

Which is exactly why I have no problem letting guys like Webb/Lauletta/Nassib go and not having a care in the world about it.

This team needs a new franchise QB, the FO got to see Webb for two years and determined it isnt him.

You shouldnt be saying shit just for the sake of saying shit... you cant conclude someone sucks before that person has actually been given a chance to suck... shit fat fuck Flowers was given a chance after a chance.... that fat fuck we can conclude sucks.

Settle down.

I'm not going to lose sleep over late round QBs not developing, this is the NFL, every year 10 or so QBs are taken on average in the draft with another 20-30 or so declaring as UDFAs. That's 30 to 40 QBs every year coming into the NFL.

You're lucky if a handful of them become anything more than a backup and you got a horse shoe up your ass as GM is one or two develop into a starter capable of winning games.

It's not "saying shit" or anything personal, it's just a simple fact.

If anything, we as fans should be fucking RAILING against what Jerry Reese and Marc Ross did to this franchise.

Won the Super Bowl when Eli was 31 with a trio of really good receivers and they couldnt re-tool the roster. Ashame.

Yeah Im afraid the damage is going to take years to undo...

What is done is done and I can only hope that the lesson was learned. I leave it to John Mara & Steve Tisch to learn from this period of failure to build a better foundation for the team so that we can have winning seasons consistently. You look at 20 to 30 years of Giants football and you see how those winning seasons were scattered and the few seasons did we experience double digit wins.