SportsWrath

This game determines the rest of the season.

Sephiroth

So you have a two point play you are confident with, you run the play and it's dropped by OBJ.

But apparently he should of known that OBJ wasn't going to be at full confidence for the play.

Only teams that have their shit together should gamble like that. He should be concentrating on getting to 20, not 21. And sure enough, they gave up a score.

About the 2 point play... I didn't like it... get your team within 7 first then worry about the win vs tie... Having said that I'm not upset by it.. because logically if they get it, then they only need 7 to win or 8 to tie... I'm not going to 2nd guess the man in charge especially when he was trying to create a spark... I was not too happy with going for it 4th down instead of kicking the field goal.... I'm always taken back to "Never leave points on the field"...

So I think we can all agree that the playoffs are out of the question. However, I do think that this game is going to determine what kind of team this is moving forward, and what the rest of the season will look like.

Yes, the Giants are awful. They're definitely in the bottom-third of teams in the league talent-wise. However, the Falcons are in about as bad a situation as the Giants are, and maybe even worse. They have a bottom-5 defense. They can't stop the run. Teams keep hanging 30+ points on them. They have something like 17 guys on the injury report... Giants have none (that aren't already on IR). Giants are coming off a long week and have had time to study this team.

In short; aside from homefield advantage, everything this game is breaking the Giants' way.

If we beat this team, I think there's a realistic chance we end up 4-6 or 5-5 by the time we meet the Eagles for a rematch as we begin to enter the "easy" part of the schedule. There's even a chance this team pulls it together and finishes 6-10 or 7-9.

If we don't take advantage tonight, I think three wins is more likely the ceiling, and the team has probably given up on the season already.

What do you all think about tonight? I think Barkley needs 20+ touches for us to win this one.

That was determined a couple of weeks ago and the team isn't going anywhere. Doesn't make a difference if the team wins one more game or five more unless you play for the draft every season. What is left is simply to figure out who can you build a team on. Lauletta should get time in this year if they plan on figuring out what he can do.