SportsWrath

Snacks missing mandatory mini camp

Storm

You don't have much of a choice but to move on, but at least he didn't go to a division rival like that POS TO did. Nobody is exactly alike, but if anyone here is willing to say they don't share certain traits I'm going to call bullshit. They are VERY similar. Talented primadonna headcases.

No one's saying they don't share traits just OBJ didn't have the same polarizing effect on the locker room like TO did.

No one's saying they don't share traits just OBJ didn't have the same polarizing effect on the locker room like TO did.

OBJ seemed to have been heading in that direction... so he wasn't the asshole TO was... yet?

OBJ seemed to have been heading in that direction... so he wasn't the asshole TO was... yet?

He is a rising talent faced with a team that is in decline and he wanted to have proper talent around him. Pros are supposed to be patient but with high risk of injury and limited career years, I really can't blame him for not being happy with things.

He is a rising talent faced with a team that is in decline and he wanted to have proper talent around him. Pros are supposed to be patient but with high risk of injury and limited career years, I really can't blame him for not being happy with things.

I can't blame him for not being happy with things... I blame him for head butting the net and that dog urine spectacle... I wish there was someone on the team who could have mentored him... a Toomer-like player.

have to say, OBJ's most recent comments about NY not being the right place for him mentally, spiritually, yada yada, was one of the more tone deaf, narcissistic comments I've heard from a so-called professional pretty much ever. The man clearly doesn't understand the concepts of accountability or professionalism.

Now this shit:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27025322/obj-reach-full-potential-giants

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. says his departure from the New York Giants was necessary because he felt he "wasn't going to be able to reach my full potential there."

Beckham addressed leaving the Giants in an interview with Complex published Thursday, saying the opportunity to join the Browns will allow his on-field production to flourish.

Correct me if I'm wrong but why does he make it sound like he wanted out when in fact he was traded and is still mad about it?

Honestly I get the feeling there will be a lot of drama in Cleveland... Good fucking riddance.

Lol!!

Sure sign he's moved on right there. Jilted girlfriend behavior.

I hope he figures it out, he's starting to sound more like another Ochocinco than Jerry Rice.

Ocho had a sense of humor and was very funny and very likeable... OBJ is becoming a Diva by the day... I do hope he gets it together... I know it wasn't easy getting shipped out but damn brother...

Ocho had a sense of humor and was very funny and very likeable... OBJ is becoming a Diva by the day... I do hope he gets it together... I know it wasn't easy getting shipped out but damn brother...

Some do it with grace and professionalism, which in the past has been the norm. Not so much these days. Needless to say, he's ruining his chances to ever play for the Gmen again.

On January 13, 2008, Johnson was a guest on ESPN's Mike & Mike radio show. During the interview, he addressed how the media and team treated him during the 2007 season, saying, "I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt...Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself (make the playoffs), I think you need to get rid of the problem...It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense."

and so does Beckham. He's funny, all his teammates like him.... where I see the overlap is neither shows much inclination, Ochocinco then, Beckham now, to accept where their process and priorities have let them down. Everything that is wrong or less than ideal is external, foisted upon them, and they bear no responsibility for any situation themselves.

When a Giants player or a Browns player says that Beckham is/was a problem or a headcase Ill accept it. Until then, couch potatoes and internet ninjas can keep blabbering all they want about any BS that some deadbeat sportswriter comes up with just for internet points and to stir up the pot for no reason - and then we putzes keep yapping for 4 pages about irrelevant nonsense

Mmm the guy pretended to piss on the field like a dog. I dont need any player or writer to tell me hes a head case.

So he did a little crappy celebration. So what? Label him a headcase, cancer etc?? Your opinion or anyone else's opinion is about as useless as an asshole on the elbow. When other players start actually saying he isnt giving 100%, is causing issues in the locker room, calling out his QB or coaches while on the team etc - if and when that happens Ill agree and call him what the media is calling him now for no reason. Until then - its a moot point. He isnt even a Giant anymore

He did call out his QB while on the team. Heck he has taken a couple indirect swipes at him since he left. When asked directly, two months after being paid the highest in league history for WR, he wouldnt even say he wanted to be in NY. Directly asked mind you.

The defense of this clown is mind boggling.

Hes consistently called out ownership, management, and indirectly, Manning, since hes left. You can count on at least one twitter tirade from him a week. He had a very fragile ego and it has been shattered. You dont want or need players like that. They are the ones who then excuse or disguise their behavior as passionate, or wanting to win.

Ive always been a defender but he needs to give it a rest now.

It's not like he's actively out there talking about the Giants, he only brings them up when he's asked by a reporter etc.

And really I dont see anything wrong with anything he's said since being traded.

He's a much better fit with the Browns, he has a QB who has an accurate cannon for an arm, and he's surrounded by nothing but talent on the offence.

Meanwhile Barkley better be ready to rush 650+ times this year because there isnt going to be a passing game to speak of.

So he did a little crappy celebration. So what? Label him a headcase, cancer etc?? Your opinion or anyone else's opinion is about as useless as an asshole on the elbow. When other players start actually saying he isnt giving 100%, is causing issues in the locker room, calling out his QB or coaches while on the team etc - if and when that happens Ill agree and call him what the media is calling him now for no reason. Until then - its a moot point. He isnt even a Giant anymore

I've got bad knees and a shitty back so squatting's a pain in the ass.

An asshole on the elbow would actually come in handy.

It's not like he's actively out there talking about the Giants, he only brings them up when he's asked by a reporter etc.

And really I dont see anything wrong with anything he's said since being traded.

He's a much better fit with the Browns, he has a QB who has an accurate cannon for an arm, and he's surrounded by nothing but talent on the offence.

Meanwhile Barkley better be ready to rush 650+ times this year because there isnt going to be a passing game to speak of.

He hasnt said anything thats bothered me. Id just like to see everyone move on. Kinda like the guy you traded for Kawhi, DeRozen. Hes not saying anything bad, but he should move on

Yeah honestly, I'm not following this story super closely but this smacks of "sports media needs something to talk about in June." The guy was asked what the biggest difference was between Cleveland and the Giants and he basically said he felt held back in NY, the new quarterback's arm is stronger, and he didn't love upper management and the NY media.

Breaking News: the entire team outside of Beckham has sucked the past three years, Eli's arm ain't what it used to be, most players don't like Dave Gettleman, and the NY media are notoriously difficult. I'm not really sure how this is controversial outside of Sports Media Land.