SportsWrath

Aaaa....Yankees are in the Playoffs.....helloooo

Chuck Wagon

2-2. Really hoping for a Yanks/Dodgers WS. My G/F is from Texas so it's a little dicey around the house when the playoffs are on.

At least with football we just stay away from each other twice a season when the Gmen and the cowturds play.

I knew the Yankees would win at home.. they shellak kikel tomorrow, then tattoo Zoolander after his 130 pitch gem...those 130 are going to take a toll on his next start..aj hick was too cocky, thought his team would sweep the Yankees and Zoolander wouldn't have to pitch again this series giving him more days to recouperate from the 130 pitch outing

I knew the Yankees would win at home.. they shellak kikel tomorrow, then tattoo Zoolander after his 130 pitch gem...those 130 are going to take a toll on his next start..aj hick was too cocky, thought his team would sweep the Yankees and Zoolander wouldn't have to pitch again this series giving him more days to recouperate from the 130 pitch outing

Cocky true...but their Bully ...SUCKS.....pulling him would have been a bigger risk. One of the announcers noted that the stros Bullpen was the 10th out of 15 bullpens in most categories.

C. Wagon

This game 5 is the pivotal game of the series. Whomever goes up 3-2 is going to win. And it will be the Yankees because the world sucks.

You're San Francisco Giant Fan Fringe?

..if so...this Dodger shit has to be hurting at a deeper level then the Yankees.

No?

They are dismembering the Cubs.

C. Waogn

You're San Francisco Giant Fan Fringe?

..if so...this Dodger shit has to be hurting at a deeper level then the Yankees.

No?

They are dismembering the Cubs.

C. Waogn

Its a toss up Chuck- grew up in shadows of real yankee stadium and my dad filled me with yankee hate which was further reinforced by them being such uppity pricks to the neighborhood- the Ny Giants were cool.

Then since being in CA , the Dodgers are deservedly hated. So, the worst possible pairing..

This game 5 is the pivotal game of the series. Whomever goes up 3-2 is going to win. And it will be the Yankees because the world sucks.

.....and the world does not suck.

Need the Dodgers to put the nail in the coffin tonight.

The off day is the only saving grace for the Astros, they look dejected, defeated and completely shocked.

If they were to play today, the Yankees win easily.

We might have a game 7 due to the off day, it could cool them down a bit, cause the Yankees are hot as can be. They definitely don't want a day off.

You are a fucking genius...you know that dont you?

If they could get you to sit still long enough on one of those chairs on the MLB Network....you would rack big cash.

C. Waogn

Its a toss up Chuck- grew up in shadows of real yankee stadium and my dad filled me with yankee hate which was further reinforced by them being such uppity pricks to the neighborhood- the Ny Giants were cool.

Then since being in CA , the Dodgers are deservedly hated. So, the worst possible pairing..

They were uppity pricks....? .....Horace Clarke and Ron Blomberg from those aweful teams were ...uppity.....or did you live their in the later 70s....and if so...did you get combat pay.

But I get it...my old man grew up 3 blocks from Ebbetts Field....but his branch of the family hated the Dodgers...they were Giant Fans....literally had fist fights at family gatherings over the rivalry.

Bad news though...the LA Dodgers look good .......and damn...they are super young too.

You might get to hate on them for awhile yet.

C. Wagon

Even though I barely knew my father, being a Manhattan native he was a giants fan, then switched to the Yankees when they left for San Francisco..hence why I'm a Yankee fan and not a Mets fan.

It's amazing how a father can shape a little boy, even if you only saw him for a few years.

Little boys love their fathers..no matter what.

You are a fucking genius...you know that dont you?

If they could get you to sit still long enough on one of those chairs on the MLB Network....you would rack big cash.

C. Waogn

thanks Chuck, I've been called many things, but a genius was never one. Appreciate it brother

They were uppity pricks....? .....Horace Clarke and Ron Blomberg from those aweful teams were ...uppity.....or did you live their in the later 70s....and if so...did you get combat pay.

But I get it...my old man grew up 3 blocks from Ebbetts Field....but his branch of the family hated the Dodgers...they were Giant Fans....literally had fist fights at family gatherings over the rivalry.

Bad news though...the LA Dodgers look good .......and damn...they are super young too.

You might get to hate on them for awhile yet.

C. Wagon

Yea I know they sucked. I went to a lot of Yankee games. People just handed us box seat tickets because they were pretty worthless. But no matter how bad they were, they never interacted with the neighborhood. Players nor front office. Giants? Always stopped and talked, threw the ball around- Homer Jones was a super nice guy. Yankees would walk down from Concourse Plaza, their hotel, and walk right by with nary a wave.

I myself often gave them the half a peace sign but there were kids that worshipped them. Dodgers? Them bums...

Yea I know they sucked. I went to a lot of Yankee games. People just handed us box seat tickets because they were pretty worthless. But no matter how bad they were, they never interacted with the neighborhood. Players nor front office. Giants? Always stopped and talked, threw the ball around- Homer Jones was a super nice guy. Yankees would walk down from Concourse Plaza, their hotel, and walk right by with nary a wave.

I myself often gave them the half a peace sign but there were kids that worshipped them. Dodgers? Them bums...

We went to a Doubleheader in 72 against the Twins when Martin was the Twins manager. We got Box Seats one row back straight up from first base. Hardly anyone there...but the second game Ushers were gone LOL...and a shit ton of younger guys came in from the bleacher....totally rocked off their asses....I was 11 and it was awesome. ..the shit they gave Martin was epic...some of it was so good they had Martin laughing his ass off.

When we left my Old Man said...."When they get Martin here things will turn around"...sure enough...CBS sold them to Steinbrenner....and he got him.

The old stadium was fucking awesome...wish I had seen the Gmen play there...it was like a cathedral.

C. Wagon

We went to a Doubleheader in 72 against the Twins when Martin was the Twins manager. We got Box Seats one row back straight up from first base. Hardly anyone there...but the second game Ushers were gone LOL...and a shit ton of younger guys came in from the bleacher....totally rocked off their asses....I was 11 and it was awesome. ..the shit they gave Martin was epic...some of it was so good they had Martin laughing his ass off.

When we left my Old Man said...."When they get Martin here things will turn around"...sure enough...CBS sold them to Steinbrenner....and he got him.

The old stadium was fucking awesome...wish I had seen the Gmen play there...it was like a cathedral.

C. Wagon

Yup - great place for football too. The new place is like a W Hotel.

My dad knew all the cops there so if I couldnt get a ticket, theyd sneak me in. After Knapp commission, they were cracking down on that so theyd have to arrest me, put me in that little holding cell by the press entrance., if anyone was looking and then release me when it was clear.

Yup - great place for football too. The new place is like a W Hotel.

My dad knew all the cops there so if I couldnt get a ticket, theyd sneak me in. After Knapp commission, they were cracking down on that so theyd have to arrest me, put me in that little holding cell by the press entrance., if anyone was looking and then release me when it was clear.

MJ and my grandfather was NYPD in the 20's and 30's...moonlighted as security at the Stadium and Polo Grounds...our other grandfather had a Pharmacy (Old school with a sandwich counter and Soda Jerk) on Amsterdam Ave down from the Macomb Dam Bridge until the mid 50s when it got pretty rough up there....(he got robbed like seven times in two years).....so they pretty much met all the Yankee and Giant (BB and FB) icons early to mid century. Apparently Ruth was the shit.

C. Wagon

MJ and my grandfather was NYPD in the 20's and 30's...moonlighted as security at the Stadium and Polo Grounds...our other grandfather had a Pharmacy (Old school with a sandwich counter and Soda Jerk) on Amsterdam Ave down from the Macomb Dam Bridge until the mid 50s when it got pretty rough up there....(he got robbed like seven times in two years).....so they pretty much met all the Yankee and Giant (BB and FB) icons early to mid century. Apparently Ruth was the shit.

C. Wagon

wow- small world. my dad had a luncheonette and bar on 149th and 3rd- near the el -up until 1973. Was the Bronx hub but neighborhood changed and he made it a black night club, (actually featured in Jet Magazine once) but too many break ins so he just locked the doors one day.

There was a luncheonette on my street called Val's- I ate a lot of meals there. The Giants ate breakfast there. Katcavage, Modjzeleski ( i think there my be a"w" in there too), Greg Larsen, BIll Swain, Robustelli- huge breakfasts for huge guys

wow- small world. my dad had a luncheonette and bar on 149th and 3rd- near the el -up until 1973. Was the Bronx hub but neighborhood changed and he made it a black night club, (actually featured in Jet Magazine once) but too many break ins so he just locked the doors one day.

There was a luncheonette on my street called Val's- I ate a lot of meals there. The Giants ate breakfast there. Katcavage, Modjzeleski ( i think there my be a"w" in there too), Greg Larsen, BIll Swain, Robustelli- huge breakfasts for huge guys

Damn...that is very close....

What abut Joe Morrison....?

He was my favorite when I was a kid.

C. Wagon

Yup, he was a regular. Didn't see Gifford much though.

Awesome....

Seriously...even though they were terrible...i will watch old NFL film on those guys ...at the Stadium....whenever I can find it. When ESPN Classic colorized the 56' Championship and played it in its entirety ..complete with commericals.....I almost busted a nut.

My guess is Gifford was out banging some other dudes wife that time of day.

C. Wagon

Awesome....

Seriously...even though they were terrible...i will watch old NFL film on those guys ...at the Stadium....whenever I can find it. When ESPN Classic colorized the 56' Championship and played it in its entirety ..complete with commericals.....I almost busted a nut.

My guess is Gifford was out banging some other dudes wife that time of day.

C. Wagon

yeah- great game- I begged my dad to get me in there- he said youre 6 months old- forget it! I met Lenny Moore (Colts -greatest game ever played 1958) and RC (Alley Oop) Owens in a Airport Hotel Bar near SFO and Moore was wearing his championship ring from that game- Bastard! Actually they were great guys...