SportsWrath

Hankins update

osi724dasack

Yeah I was reading the interest around the league was lukewarm at best. Would love to have him back just to keep that line intact. Not many DTs post a 7 sack season...

How much is our guy who signed with the Vikings making? I forgot his name...

Yeah when market and reality meet,

;)

I wouldn't even sign him to a one year deal for $2 million. I also noticed the Keenan Robinson market is equally lukewarm, same deal. He is getting interest from the Bengals but wants to return to the Giants.

At this respective stage in their careers, Hankins may actually be a better player.

Hankins has had one good season and wasn't the answer to stopping the run he was drafted for. Hankins is a good player but not the $40 million dollar man.

At this respective stage in their careers, Hankins may actually be a better player.

I don't think so. Joseph has turned into a monster up in Minnesota.

Did you see how stupid he made Pugh look last season? It was like a child trying to block his daddy.

Linval was a monster here, and turned into a super monster with the Vikings

I hated when we didn't resign Linval

He was great and still is

35 million for a 24 year old 6-5 330 pound mammoth monster with good athleticism like Joseph was a no brainer and the Vikings got a steal!!

Little mini payback for us snagging Fred Robbins years ago

Linval was a monster here, and turned into a super monster with the Vikings

I hated when we didn't resign Linval

He was great and still is

35 million for a 24 year old 6-5 330 pound mammoth monster with good athleticism like Joseph was a no brainer and the Vikings got a steal!!

Little mini payback for us snagging Fred Robbins years ago

I wouldn't say he was a monster here... he became a monster in MN for some reason..

Linval wasn't overly impressive when he was here. He wasn't horrific by any means either, but I wouldn't say he was worth that contract he signed. He developed nicely after he left, but a year prior he was the starting DT on a bottom-5 rush D.

Hankins has comparable numbers at this stage in their respective careers except for that breakout sophomore season. He also has the year he was injured, but his tackles were pretty good that year too, and if you remember the rush defense really went to shit after he went down.

I think Linval is worth the ~$5mm per year he's making. Hankins too should probably make around that, but I bet this year he lands at a 1 year $4mm deal.

Either way, we have no cap room to afford it at this point.

It's a really reasonable amount to make by the market standards of today. If I remember correctly, he was getting top-3 DT money at the time of the signing. Joseph was a nice player but I'm not even sure I'd have put him in the top 10 of DTs when he signed that contract.