SportsWrath

Fluker

Lughead

I think he was a little overrated.

Two years go on Big Blue Kickoff live, John Schmeelk and Paul Dottino used to have a weekly conversation with me in my car. It went like this:

John and Paul: I know that John Jerry, JD Waldon, and Marshall Newhouse might not be household names but let's not forget, Coach Flaherty made stars out of guys like Rich Seubert, David Deihl, and Shaun O'Hara.

Me: THAT WAS TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO, JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAS HE DONE LATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I wasn't on the line with them for these conversations, but I was yelling so loudly that I'm pretty sure they could hear me.

I credit McNally for Diehl & Seubert.

The part you keep forgetting is what Flaherty had to work with since Seubert, Diehl, & O'Hara. Now I'm sure Solari is going to be fine, just needs better players to work with. Not going to fire Solari because Flowers isn't playing to expectations. The expectations on Flowers have been very high. Flowers was a project coming out of college and clearly more work needs to be done and will be done.

Flowers lack of technique is inexcusible and 100% on the coach. There's no way anyone, even you or me, should be able to go through TWO YEARS of NFL-level coaching and not know what to do. This isn't the complex, nuanced read-and-react shit or run-blocking stunts either, it's day one body positioning stuff.

Flowers lack of technique is inexcusible and 100% on the coach. There's no way anyone, even you or me, should be able to go through TWO YEARS of NFL-level coaching and not know what to do. This isn't the complex, nuanced read-and-react shit or run-blocking stunts either, it's day one body positioning stuff.

It is not the coach.

Flowers has the physical ability to be dominant. I'm thinking there may be some issues with him in terms of work ethic or coachability. I think this year will answer those questions. If he doesn't take a step forward this year, I'm not sure he will reach his potential ever.

Flowers has the physical ability to be dominant. I'm thinking there may be some issues with him in terms of work ethic or coachability. I think this year will answer those questions. If he doesn't take a step forward this year, I'm not sure he will reach his potential ever.

Agree, this is a crossroads year for Flowers and I'm not as pessimistic as most here seem to be. Sure I would have loved to get Joe Thomas and move Flowers to RT but I don't think we're looking at a lost season if he's our LT. If he and the OL as a whole show just a little improvement - a reasonable expectation - this team is a playoff team again and we'll see what happens from there.

You don't think Solari is pulling his hair out when he sees technique like that? If they had someone better, Flowers wouldn't be in there but you coach who you have and hope they finally get it!

Heard on Sirius NFL Network today that Fluker said the Giants told him he'll be working at Guard to start with......which is puzzling when they sign Jerry the next day. I think that says, one way or another, their starting RT or LT is not yet on the roster.

Heard on Sirius NFL Network today that Fluker said the Giants told him he'll be working at Guard to start with......which is puzzling when they sign Jerry the next day. I think that says, one way or another, their starting RT or LT is not yet on the roster.

Could be to temp down his expectations.. and just see how players perform in each position...