SportsWrath

The ref who threw the flag on Jenkins

Zelmo

Ok so let me start with the facts. I had a hunch, which I'll explain below, that the guy who threw this flag was a trigger happy rookie and sure enough, as per footballzebras, number 31 on Carl Cheffers crew, is indeed, a complete rookie:

R 51 Carl Cheffers 18 California-Irvine sales manager
U 19 Clay Martin 3 Hochuli Tulsa high school basketball coach
DJ 100 Tom Symonette 14 Allen Florida certified public accountant
LJ 79 Kent Payne 14 * Nebraska Wesleyan teacher
FJ 31 Mearl Robinson 1 NA Air Force
SJ 88 Brad Freeman 4 * Mississippi State sports park director
BJ 5 Jim Quirk 8 * Middlebury financial advisor

The reason I had my eye on this was because early in the game the refs picked up what I thought were 2 weak flags to begin with, the intentional grounding on Prescott and a coach out of the coaches box when they were considering challenging. Both times when they showed the refs huddling the crew chief was talking to the same ref both times, this guy wearing number 31, who by body language appeared to be the ref who had thrown the flag and was trying to explain his decision to the crew chief.

I'm not too upset about it because, we sucked and weren't gonna win anyway, and also they let Jenkins play with a decent amount of contact at least 3 other times.

But it got me thinking of a new strategy, instead of targeting DB's, we should target officials. We should gameplan to throw it deep at rookie officials in the secondary.

Ok so let me start with the facts. I had a hunch, which I'll explain below, that the guy who threw this flag was a trigger happy rookie and sure enough, as per footballzebras, number 31 on Carl Cheffers crew, is indeed, a complete rookie:

R 51 Carl Cheffers 18 California-Irvine sales manager
U 19 Clay Martin 3 Hochuli Tulsa high school basketball coach
DJ 100 Tom Symonette 14 Allen Florida certified public accountant
LJ 79 Kent Payne 14 * Nebraska Wesleyan teacher
FJ 31 Mearl Robinson 1 NA Air Force
SJ 88 Brad Freeman 4 * Mississippi State sports park director
BJ 5 Jim Quirk 8 * Middlebury financial advisor

The reason I had my eye on this was because early in the game the refs picked up what I thought were 2 weak flags to begin with, the intentional grounding on Prescott and a coach out of the coaches box when they were considering challenging. Both times when they showed the refs huddling the crew chief was talking to the same ref both times, this guy wearing number 31, who by body language appeared to be the ref who had thrown the flag and was trying to explain his decision to the crew chief.

I'm not too upset about it because, we sucked and weren't gonna win anyway, and also they let Jenkins play with a decent amount of contact at least 3 other times.

But it got me thinking of a new strategy, instead of targeting DB's, we should target officials. We should gameplan to throw it deep at rookie officials in the secondary.

Actually I knew things weren't looking good when they gave the boys a favorable spot on their very 1st first down....

We would still need to improve the protection so that Eli could throw a catchable ball. Though I don't think that's a rule anymore. All in all, I think that ref did well to keep the flag in his pocket most of the time.

Certainly what you say is a major factor in baseball. Managers make their lineups and call pitches with the ump in mind.