SportsWrath

Garbage offense. Macadoo sucks..

osi724dasack

This is why that guy is so dumb. He's talking about Eli like he's got this great line with all this time to throw... and the clips are all of him getting destroyed. He all but blames Eli for the Giants having no running game... uh, what?

"Offensive Genius Ben McAdoo?" Fucking seriously? He had one good season as a coordinator.

Eli looks like Eli. In '07 he threw five picks against Minnesota. He's always been streaky, but we can definitely win with him. I'm not willing to say he's "lost it" until he's playing behind an NFL caliber line again.

I have yet to see the genius in Ben McAdoo. He has been running the offense for a few years now and is a second year head coach. You are not a genius if your game plan is to get the ball to Odell Beckham jr.

A twelve year old can create that game plan

mcadoo2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=303

Manning has never been the perfect QB and positive the perfect QB would have still lost. Offensive line needs to get fixed, the running game needs to get fixed. Bobby Hart made Demarcus Lawrence look like a pro bowler. John Jerry didn't get better from the preseason to the regular season. It is only one game, I wonder how many we have to lose before we accept the problems from last year to the preseason will not be fixed with the same pieces.

no, seriously, Eli played scared last night. There were plays that he had time and he did not set his feet. The OL was bad, but last night wasn't on the OL. Put on film of Eli from 2011 and compare it to now --- the protection is similar, but the QB is chickenshit by comparison.

I 1000% agree. The level of denial of many Giants' fans regarding Eli is reaching face-palm worthy levels. You can plainly see he is legit terrible, he is, as you said, playing scared.

The line isn't All-Pro, but about 28-30 other starting QB's could work with what the Giants have and produce better results than what we saw last night. That's not an exaggeration, he is a bad quarterback right now.

I 1000% agree. The level of denial of many Giants' fans regarding Eli is reaching face-palm worthy levels. You can plainly see he is legit terrible, he is, as you said, playing scared.

The line isn't All-Pro, but about 28-30 other starting QB's could work with what the Giants have and produce better results than what we saw last night. That's not an exaggeration, he is a bad quarterback right now.

.... it seems strange to be in this position now, because I recall ten years ago I was more one of the guys who was like, calm down folks, Eli can play. But the tape doesn't lie. I'm not so sure he can still play.

The good news is that its too early to really know what we have. But if we're being honest with ourselves, its entirely possible that Eli has hit the wall and he's done. Its also possible the offense is just way out of sync and game one meant nothing as far as what to expect going forward.

I mean, I'd love a change at QB but who do we have at this moment? I'm not sure why he's playing scared. Something is up, the giants have been playing the most conservatively that I've ever seen and that's sad because I remember the times when the team was all about smash mouth football.

It's crazy how time flew by, now I'm just remembering the super bowls, you can easily tell the difference between the two teams then and now. The offensive line is trash but Eli Manning is still playing scared. I'm wondering if the play-calling is just not that great and we are way too predictable.

Geno Smith or Davis Webb will both do no better behind this offensive line. As Jim pointed out, practically no QB in the league can play behind this line.

Even rodgers who can throw deep and run out of the pocket. He got smashed up against Seattle but he did move around the pocket a lot.

In the post game interviews Eli mentioned that they were expecting to see more man coverage and not so much zone. That was all he said about it there, but the offense needs to be able to make adjustments in the game plan on the fly. Maybe taking the play calling away from Macadoo to someone who is able to focus more on the sidelines while the defense is on the field. I mean shit, they had enough time to create an entire fucking playbook in the first half.

This is why that guy is so dumb. He's talking about Eli like he's got this great line with all this time to throw... and the clips are all of him getting destroyed. He all but blames Eli for the Giants having no running game... uh, what?

"Offensive Genius Ben McAdoo?" Fucking seriously? He had one good season as a coordinator.

Eli looks like Eli. In '07 he threw five picks against Minnesota. He's always been streaky, but we can definitely win with him. I'm not willing to say he's "lost it" until he's playing behind an NFL caliber line again.

Coughlin as coach running mostly his system also. This is McAdoo's system now and it's garbage with or without OBJ. Expecting OBJ to turn 7 yard slants into touchdowns is asinine. This is why the Giants have now scored less than 20 points in 7 straight games with OBJ in 6 of those. The current problem with Eli is that this system uses his weaknesses and diminishes his strengths. Eli is basically Favre where he'll pitch the ball all over the field and get INTs but also bomb for a quick TD strike. In this system Eli is Alex Smith and that's not Eli's game at all. Eli looks terrible because he's playing a style that doesn't suit him. Eli is the definition of square peg being jammed into a round hole.

The truly puzzling thing from my point of view (and I said it before and during the draft) is that in this stage of a franchise QB's career, most teams are trying to build a mauling offensive line and a power running game like the Elway Broncos, Favre Packers/Vikings, etc. Ask your QB to throw high-percentage passes maybe 20 times a game and keep him fresh for the season... let him lean on the running game.

This team is literally doing the exact opposite... asking a 38 year old QB to chuck the ball 40+ times a game behind a ragtag offensive line with little to no running game. We'll see how things turn out but it sure looks like a recipe for failure to me, and I don't feel like it's rocket science.

The truly puzzling thing from my point of view (and I said it before and during the draft) is that in this stage of a franchise QB's career, most teams are trying to build a mauling offensive line and a power running game like the Elway Broncos, Favre Packers/Vikings, etc. Ask your QB to throw high-percentage passes maybe 20 times a game and keep him fresh for the season... let him lean on the running game.

This team is literally doing the exact opposite... asking a 38 year old QB to chuck the ball 40+ times a game behind a ragtag offensive line with little to no running game. We'll see how things turn out but it sure looks like a recipe for failure to me, and I don't feel like it's rocket science.

Good point. Admittedly, I don't follow the pre-season too closely. So I was very surprised at the lack of any talent upgrades in the backfield.

Geno Smith or Davis Webb will both do no better behind this offensive line. As Jim pointed out, practically no QB in the league can play behind this line.

True, and I'm sure not calling for benching Eli. He's our starter this year. Geno could do no better, Webb would emerge shell shocked. Its just a matter of expectations.

We were thinking playoff run, and instead we may have to change our thinking to preparing for 2018.

But I digress.... its game one. We probably just need to chill the hell out.

We won 11 games with the same problems last year. Eli had games where he was skittish (Vikings, packers reg season game) and games where the o-line didn't affect him. I really liked some of the adjustments we made on the first second half drive to try and work around the o-line issues and that was probably our toughest road environment game of the season. Also, the weapons were all new guys, lewis and Shepard. That's not an ideal scenario for your first game of the season, but I'm betting they're gonna be great compliments to Beckham when he gets out there

Ok enough of throwing Eli Manning under the bus around here.

What happened to the running game that was supposed to get better with Perkins starting over Jennings? 2.3 YPC by Perkins and he is our starting RB. Who is holding him accountable for time of possession and moving the offense forward? Nobody and probably because it would start another conversation of who is starting at RB. Spent the offseason getting excited at having a FB and a legit blocking TE, still unsure about who to give the ball to out of the backfield.

Eli Manning isn't playing scared. He is playing like he has nothing to work with out there and that needs to get fixed.

Coughlin as coach running mostly his system also. This is McAdoo's system now and it's garbage with or without OBJ. Expecting OBJ to turn 7 yard slants into touchdowns is asinine. This is why the Giants have now scored less than 20 points in 7 straight games with OBJ in 6 of those. The current problem with Eli is that this system uses his weaknesses and diminishes his strengths. Eli is basically Favre where he'll pitch the ball all over the field and get INTs but also bomb for a quick TD strike. In this system Eli is Alex Smith and that's not Eli's game at all. Eli looks terrible because he's playing a style that doesn't suit him. Eli is the definition of square peg being jammed into a round hole.

Then if the fans want ShEli to stay... McAdoodoo has to go.

It's a poor line, but Jim said 28-30 QBs could produce more with this line than Manning has. Not that no QB could. And Jin's right. Manning plays with zero poise right now.

I

I'm not saying this from one week, but rather from the culmination of the last few years, but I'm really worried about Eli. Odell's "I can turn a routine slant into 70 yards" routine has been masking serious problems from Eli. I love the guy, but outside of Odell's magic he's been almost inept in recent years.

He did come to play in Green Bay though, I'll give him that.

And I agree the best way to get out of Eli whatever it is he has left would have been to solidify the o-line. Guy can probably still play when he isn't shook.

Completely agree with this. At 37, Eli is completely spooked when he knows everyone is waiting to clean out his clock every single play because of the shitty OL. With Odell he trusts a play can be made. With everyone else there is nothing. He needs to atleast get a little comfortable. The GB showed he just fucking came out there saying go ahead knock me the fuck out I dont care - but Im gonna stand in there and throw. David Carr as a back up earlier mustve had the same feeling.