SportsWrath

I’m sorry... But

NeMesiS

Im really liking what Im reading about Davis Webb... I truly hope he works out for us. He seems like a good kid busting his ass to make a mark on this team. First one in, last one out...

That's my boy.

Davis Webb might possibly the last good thing McAdoo did for the Giants: McAdoo didn't meet Webb prior to camp, and spent most of the season buried in his own problems to influence Webb's development. Webb is going to sink or swim entirely based on Shurmur and I think he is going to be a great coach capable of putting Webb in a position to succeed.

Davis Webb might possibly the last good thing McAdoo did for the Giants: McAdoo didn't meet Webb prior to camp, and spent most of the season buried in his own problems to influence Webb's development. Webb is going to sink or swim entirely based on Shurmur and I think he is going to be a great coach capable of putting Webb in a position to succeed.

I totally agree... from what Im reading this kid is very coachable. I hope he just puts it all together. Im rooting for this kid

Davis Webb is sure having a great camp so far. The 40 yard bomb in training camp was a thing of beauty.

Is there footage anywhere on him in training camp? I'd love to view it.

It's getting interesting behind Eli.

Webb has done nothing but good in his time practicing but Lulu has supposedly picked up this offense like he's been playing in it for years and both have impressed Shurmur.

Do you keep three QBs on the roster? Do you throw Lulu on the practice squad just to be signed by another team?

huh? I haven't seen a single positive blurb on Lauletta. Aside from Giants.com reports. Among unbiased (or less biased) observers I've seen nothing but comments to the effect of slow release, and it takes a looooong time for the ball to arrive.

And over the last few days Webb has thrown more passes into the dirt and to the D than to his own receivers.

huh? I haven't seen a single positive blurb on Lauletta. Aside from Giants.com reports. Among unbiased (or less biased) observers I've seen nothing but comments to the effect of slow release, and it takes a looooong time for the ball to arrive.

And over the last few days Webb has thrown more passes into the dirt and to the D than to his own receivers.

Care to name where you're getting this info from?

Any more Giants news I can get the better.

gosh, everywhere, every source, every time? For example, this was on Twitter yesterday:

Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL)
8/4/18, 3:26 PM
Even on intermediate throws, it looks like it takes forever for Kyle Lauletta to release the throw, and even longer for the ball to get there. Chris Lewis-Harris rips the ball away from Marquis Bundy.

I feel like literally every time I've seen a mention on Lauletta, this has been the take away.

Not that I'm giving up on him already, small school guy, it's going to take at least a season for him to catch up to the speed at this level.

Webb is shit. Open your fucking eyes

Why, because he had a bad half in his first pre-season game? Would I want him as our starting QB in week one of the season, fuck no. If he ends up as the starter at some point this season it will be a major step down from Eli. But as far as a backup goes with a good upside, I like him.

The guy has a fucking cannon of an arm, a good release and a tight spiral... he is also apparently a tape room and game prep standout. He played with 2nd and 3rd string players, out of a limited pre-season playbook going against a vanilla defense of 2nd/3rd round players who are impossible for him to have scouted out.

I want to see how Darnold looks tonight in his first Jets action. I would wager, not much better than DWebb

Why, because he had a bad half in his first pre-season game? Would I want him as our starting QB in week one of the season, fuck no. If he ends up as the starter at some point this season it will be a major step down from Eli. But as far as a backup goes with a good upside, I like him.

The guy has a fucking cannon of an arm, a good release and a tight spiral... he is also apparently a tape room and game prep standout. He played with 2nd and 3rd string players, out of a limited pre-season playbook going against a vanilla defense of 2nd/3rd round players who are impossible for him to have scouted out.

I want to see how Darnold looks tonight in his first Jets action. I would wager, not much better than DWebb

The Browns QB looked pretty good though... although I can't say I was able to watch the game (left work at 8 pm and by the time I got home it was garbage time)

Yes he was very good at 1 yard dumps

Dude, he put up better numbers than Dornald and Rosen in the same conference...

He looked rusty.... He looked like he hasnt played in a real game for over a year.