SportsWrath

Jpp out six weeks

Herc

12-4!

I don't see the Giants devoting another mega-deal to JPP after doing so with Vernon. And what to do with Hankins? Need him as well, and he won't be cheap.

Maybe it is just me but Hankins has not done a lot this year overall to break the bank. You would think he'd have better numbers. 2014 was his second year in the NFL: 51 total, 29 solo tackles, 7 sacks. Hasn't matched those numbers since.

I'd sign Hankins over JPP and it's not close in my mind. Our defensive line took a major hit when Cofield went to Washington and Joseph went to Minnesota. Okwara, Wynn, Odighizuwa...we have guys in the pipeline to replace JPP. That said, JPP showed me enough this season that I wouldn't let him walk without putting an offer on the table for him. I'd make sure it was an open offer for him to either shop around/sign later or sign immediately if he wanted to stay. Certainly, given his health, my offer to JPP would not be anything a top 5 DE would make...I'd put it in the top 12-15 range. My biggest concern there would be watching JPP sign with Dallas.

Okwara was a hell of a find but the plays he missed last night made me appreciate JPP more.

Agreed. There were a few times Elliot got around the outside and I thought JPP would've caught him or forced him down/slowed him down. That said Okwara looked pretty good for his first real continuous action of the season.