SportsWrath

Jpp out six weeks

Herc

That hurts. Horrible timing. JPP has been a force. Now they can pay more attention to Vernon on the other side and that pass rush they've been generating lately will be greatly diminished.......unless one of the O guys - Od or Ok - surprises us. Damn. This also complicates putting a price tag on JPP going into Free Agency again.

Unfortunate, but I expect us to part ways with JPP next year.

This... and it's pretty sad that a dude with superstar potential went down the way he did... especially with that fireworks incident... it doesn't get better from there on.

The Steelers only managed 37 yards rushing in the 1st half last week when JPP was on the field.

In the second half they ran for 86 yards .............when JPP was absent.

This is the most worrying stat for me and does not bode well against Elliott and the Dallas O line

The Steelers only managed 37 yards rushing in the 1st half last week when JPP was on the field.

In the second half they ran for 86 yards .............when JPP was absent.

This is the most worrying stat for me and does not bode well against Elliott and the Dallas O line

No worries.. a week ago when we were 8-3, I totally expected us to be 8-5 by this time next week... nothing has changed that yet.

No worries.. a week ago when we were 8-3, I totally expected us to be 8-5 by this time next week... nothing has changed that yet.

Yeah I think we're going 9-7, tops. I thought we'd only win 7 games this year but there's a good possibility we max out at 8.

The good news is though, if we get to 10 we've got a great shot at making the postseason.

Yeah I think we're going 9-7, tops. I thought we'd only win 7 games this year but there's a good possibility we max out at 8.

The good news is though, if we get to 10 we've got a great shot at making the postseason.

I think we're good for 2 more wins... 10-6 gets us in... Eli is dangerous in the playoffs... who knows.

He's probably a top-5 DE when he's healthy, but you're lucky to get him for 10 games a season, whether it's his back, his shoulder, his abdomen, or he's blowing his hand off.

He moved up on your list this week eh? :huh:

They should bring him back. There arent many who are as good as him - and anybody else is going to demand Vernon type money which we cant afford.

It depends on the price. I wouldn't pay JPP Vernon money, at least $20 million less to be honest. Not because JPP isn't worth it but because of the amount of money tied into the position and the defensive line already. He is still the same guy who balked at a $74 million contract.