SportsWrath

Are the Cowboys that good?

MikeGL

Much like the Gints they have benefited from weaker opponents on the schedule.

However they play safe and smart football.

They can control the game with their run game and then take chances with Dak pushing the ball down the field.

Dak so far doesnt look like a rookie I don't know how they lucked into the guy but he looks like he's been in the NFL for the last four years.

Their defense isnt top of the NFL but they can get it done when they need too.

This is one of their more flawed seasons too. Defense is much worse than last year, gronk banged up and Edelman isn't the same player since he rushed back from foot injury. If we get to the playoffs there's no team that scares me more than our own offense

If the Cowboys can run the ball like they have and Dak doesn't turn the ball over, then yeah, they're good and they're set up to be good for years. That's the scary part. They could go balls to the wall on defense in the offseason like we did last year, maybe a WR to complement Bryant, and they're even better next year. Trading Romo for a competent WR could be done easily and save them cap room on top of it.

Sure, they've benefited from a fairly light schedule, but so have we and we're 2 games back. I don't think their schedule plays into it as much as one might think initially.

There aren't many young QBs that have stepped in and had success like Dak, but don't crown his ass yet. For every Russell Wilson, there's a Daunte Culpepper and an RGIII. Dak may just be the guy with the right skills for the right situation, but we don't really know if he can even play yet. Lets see what happens when they lose a few people on the OL.

The Cowboys are good, and will continue to be good. Anybody would be good behind that line.

Except for Tony Romo. I don't think there's going to be a huge trade market for him. If that guy has had significant injuries behind the league's best line, how long will he last with a merely average line?

Tony Romo isn't going anywhere. He'll finish his career as a cowboy and you heard it here first. As backup to Dak Prescot he will have plenty of time to join sports forums like ours. It's rumored that he will devote much of his blog prowess hunting down and mercilessly harassing one RomoHater alias "The Sausage Queen" who has hounded him throughout his checkered career.

charlie_sheen_winning_banner.jpg

42793365.jpg?t=1472317740

Tony Romo is going to the Jets next year

Oh man, I can just imagine them trading Decker or Marshall for Romo and the NFC East being in some big time trouble paired with Witten and Dez.

That defense doesn't have a lot of great players outside of Sean Lee but they are extremely well-coached and their defensive game plans and play-calling are very, very good. Rod Marinelli is maybe the best defensive coordinator in football, and I love Spags. I think people have been under-estimating their defense all year. They aren't the '85 Bears but they aren't pushovers.

That defense doesn't have a lot of great players outside of Sean Lee but they are extremely well-coached and their defensive game plans and play-calling are very, very good. Rod Marinelli is maybe the best defensive coordinator in football, and I love Spags. I think people have been under-estimating their defense all year. They aren't the '85 Bears but they aren't pushovers.

It's why I wanted the Gints to give to coaching job to Doug Marone(sp?), all reports were he was going to bring his best buddy here Marinelli to coach the defense, who is honestly one of the more underrated DCs in the NFL.

Imagine how good the Cowboys would be if they could get Jerry Jones out of the way long enough to succeed?

Well shit guys, Jones has gotten out of the way and his team is succeeding.

Tony Romo is very good regular season QB but fades in the postseason. We can only hope Prescott has that flaw.

Imagine how good the Cowboys would be if they could get Jerry Jones out of the way long enough to succeed?

Well shit guys, Jones has gotten out of the way and his team is succeeding.

Tony Romo is very good regular season QB but fades in the postseason. We can only hope Prescott has that flaw.

Dak and Wentz both scare me.

Wentz is having his ups and downs but he'll get better and Dak looks like a four year pro even when pressure gets to him.