SportsWrath

Bigblue25 - Jan 1 Bowl Games

Allstarjim

Who are you watching today?

Who do you have your eyes on?

Right now I'm watching the Heart of Dallas Bowl between OK State and Purdue.

One player that caught my eye is Joseph Randle, RB for OK State. Phenomenal numbers this year and he's a big back it looks like, even though his ESPN player profile page says he weighs only 200 lbs... I'm thinking that's not accurate.

Mississippi State and Northwestern also playing now in the Gator Bowl.

Ha, I was gonna do a prospect watch thread.

Players we should look at

On right now

Kawaan Short DT Purdue

Jonathan Banks CB Miss St

RANDLE is another one

Gabe Jackson G Miss St

Uga vs. Nebraska

Ogletree has mentioned before, be a great assesement against Nebraska, since they run a. Veer option style offense.

Other prospects

UGA

Jonathan Jenkins NT

Baccari Rambo S

Sanders Commings CB

Nebraska

Spencer Long g

Cameron Meredith DE

Michigan vs. So. Carolina

Davonte Hollman Olb USc

Taylor Lewan OT Michigan-going agaust Clowney, whose maybe the best DE in college football

Devin Taylor DE USC

Hey Bigblue25... the FSU / NIU game is on and you didn't list the prospects.

Obviously, as an FSU fan, I can give a couple from the 'Noles.

Bjoern Werner, as previously discussed, going to be a great DE in the NFL.

EJ Manuel is going to get a look because of his measurables. I think he's a project NFL QB, personally. But he is 6'5" and stout, with mobility, and a quick release. I think it's his intangibles that need work though, and despite his high completion percentage he is not very accurate of a passer, IMO. but since he throws a lot of screens and he's had a lot of wide open receivers playing against some pretty bad teams, he can just throw it up for them.

WR Greg Dent is a junior 5'11 receiver that is really flashing tonight. He looks like he has exceptional wheels.

K Dustin Hopkins is one of the nation's best kickers. Don't know how FSU keeps turning out great kickers. Just broke the record for most FBS FG's in a career, but hit the upright on a 50 yard plus fg earlier in the game (had more than enough leg). He will more than likely get drafted.

DB Lemarcus Joyner is another player likely headed for the draft.

RB Lonnie Pryor - He's a senior, and if scouts miss out on him they'll be kicking themselves. He's 6'0", 230 lbs, listed as a FB, but make no mistake, he's not a FB. He is grown man RB. And he has the size/speed combo that is going to make him a fast riser up draft boards as we go to the combine. Trust me on this one, Lonnie Pryor has a complete skill set, has hands, speed, power, can do it all. And he's had an awesome game tonight but I've known about him for a long time.

CB Xavier Rhodes is a junior probably coming out early, a good corner with size at 6'2", 217 lbs.

WR Rodney Smith isn't going to wow with his numbers, but the senior is going to get attention for his 6'6" frame at around 220 lbs.

Then there is...

DE Tank Carradine, who took over the starting spot for future first round pick Brandon Jenkins after he was lost for the season in the opener. All Carradine has done is been a menace with 11 sacks, is 6'5" and 265 lbs, and reminds me of a young Justin Tuck.