25 Indianapolis Colts

26 St. Louis Rams

27 New Orleans Saints

28 Minnesota Vikings

29 San Diego Chargers

30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31 Cleveland Browns

32 Miami Dolphins

I do not think I have ever seen such polar opposites in Pass defense vs Run defense.

Man, I love our match-up this week. SF suck on the road, plus they're traveling the country West to East, which is usually bad. They also give up the most points to WRs, while their best weapon (Hyde) will hit our #1 run D, forcing Kapernick into more terrible throws.

Man, I love our match-up this week. SF suck on the road, plus they're traveling the country West to East, which is usually bad. They also give up the most points to WRs, while their best weapon (Hyde) will hit our #1 run D, forcing Kapernick into more terrible throws.

Yeha, definitely going to grab Odell this week I think

I totally agree with your assessment, Tree. Watching Kaepernick throw the ball against the Packers was comical. You're thinking, "how can this guy be an NFL QB?" You really can't have a matchup more tailor made to the Giants' strengths.

My other defenses I like this week is Philadelphia at home vs noodle armed Brees & the Saints ($3k), New England on the road against Dallas, which I expect to be a blowout ($3,300), and I actually like the Falcons at home vs the Redskins ($3200). But with the Giants at home only costing $2900, they not only have the best matchup on paper, but they are the cheapest, too.

uPugjBa.png

I might make changes but I'm rolling with this for now

Probably should make some changes since Karlos Williams had a concussion and is under the concussion protocol and is considered extremely questionable to play this week.

Probably should make some changes since Karlos Williams had a concussion and is under the concussion protocol and is considered extremely questionable to play this week.

That's the change I am waiting for. I'm going to change that by wednesday.

I'm putting a DK line-up in featuring Eli, Odell and Giants D.

Also, Owen Daniels v Oak D is a great value. Oak are the worst against TEs, averaging something like 6 catches, 80 yards and a TD.

Owen Daniels is real cheap and the OAK defense is the worst against TEs, I just don't know if I want to trust Owen Daniels. You see Virgil Green getting in on the act, and although it's a tasty matchup, I think I'm going to either spend a bit more for Charles Clay against the 28th rated defense against TEs... although this ranking is mainly reflective of the 5 catch, 110 yard, 2 TD performance that Austin Sefarian-Jenkins put on the Titans in week 1, as we all saw, Clay was easily Tyrod's favorite receiving target. However, as it is so obvious on tape, the Titans may look to try and force Taylor to throw the ball outside.

This may be the week I spend more on Gronkowski and try to save elsewhere. I also like Delanie Walker at $3.8K vs Bills (27th ranked DEF against TEs), Antonio Gates ($4.2K) in his return game vs Pittsburgh (29th ranked), Jason Witten ($4.5K) could be a PPR special vs NE.

The TE who is my super sleeper pick this week is Derek Carrier ($2500) vs ATL (19th). Derek Carrier caught 2 passes for 18 yards on Sunday, 1 during a brief period of the game when Jordan Reed suffered a slight knee injury, and then would later return. Carrier also caught a pass during the final Washington drive, BEFORE Reed left the game with 42 seconds remaining due to his 4th concussion of his career. Carrier IS a pass-catching TE, and at 6'4" and 241, would seem to be an attractive target in the middle for Cousins, who loves going to his TE. Reed was tied for 2nd on the team in targets with a healthy 8, even with being out of the game during parts of 2 drives. I also think on the road against Atlanta, Cousins will be forced to throw the ball a lot more. If Reed cannot go on Sunday, and with his concussion history, I'm going to say that it is pretty doubtful, then you can't find a better bargain than Derek Carrier at the TE position. Moreover, the pass receiving RB, Chris Thompson, at $3,300 against the 32nd ranked run defense, also could be a bargain... but not sure if I have the gonads to play him, even in a flex. In the last two games, Thompson has racked up 163 yards from scrimmage, with 10 catches and a TD. I expect his role to grow against Atlanta, who allowed 10 catches and 100 yards receiving to the RB who played the same role for Dallas as Thompson does for the Redskins... Lance Dunbar in week 3.

And agreed on Eifert vs Seattle. Not with Chancellor back... no way.

Change:

EEssBqQ.png

Added Antonio Gates for Eifert

Doug Martin for Karlos Williams

I think JAX defense isn't good against the run and I think Doug had a good game recently. What do you think?

Doug is a decent play. I want to win my contests, right? LeVeon Bell is obviously a winning play. Only reservation I have on Martin is that TB offense. I want that offense to be competent to move the ball down the field. Jameis with 4 INTs last week, not good. I understand that Martin had a good game despite that, and the match up on paper looks good. Around that same price point (obviously DK prices, Martin is $4700 on DK) some guys I like are:

Ronnie Hillman@OAK (19th against the run) for $4900.

Dion Lewis @ DAL (30th) for $4800.

LeGarrette Blount @ DAL for $4500.

T.J. Yeldon @ TB (18th) for $4400.

Todd Gurley @ GB (13th) for $4300.

Now, the matchup isn't great with Gurley vs Green Bay, and the Pack looked dominant in shutting down the running game of Hyde and Kaep, but it's rare to see a coaching staff so motivated and transparent to run an offense through what they quite obviously believe is a very special talent in Todd Gurley. And I didn't think the matchup was great versus the Cardinals, and Gurley shredded them. I'm starting to get a feeling about Gurley like I had watching Adrian Peterson a few years ago or LaDainian Tomlinson farther back... that it doesn't matter much who is lining up across from him, he is going to get his. With Fisher taking the reins off of Gurley, this might be one of the last weeks to get him so cheap.

That said, I am absolutely drooling at the matchup with Dion Lewis and Blount vs Dallas. Either or both of them could go off.

Basically, for my money, I want a guy I have a realistic chance they are going to have a monster game. I think the bargain guys who have a shot at that I believe are in my list... and Ameer Abdullah ($4.1K) hosting Arizona (15th).

I don't know about Martin's ceiling, even against the Jags. I do like, him though, and I think he'll get double digit points, and you are relatively happy to get that normally... but if I'm shooting for the moon, say 25 points and up... I might go with somebody else. Martin is capable of big games, though... I'd just feel better about drafting him if Jameis wasn't giving the ball away so much.

Owen Daniels is real cheap and the OAK defense is the worst against TEs, I just don't know if I want to trust Owen Daniels. You see Virgil Green getting in on the act, and although it's a tasty matchup, I think I'm going to either spend a bit more for Charles Clay against the 28th rated defense against TEs... although this ranking is mainly reflective of the 5 catch, 110 yard, 2 TD performance that Austin Sefarian-Jenkins put on the Titans in week 1, as we all saw, Clay was easily Tyrod's favorite receiving target. However, as it is so obvious on tape, the Titans may look to try and force Taylor to throw the ball outside.

This may be the week I spend more on Gronkowski and try to save elsewhere. I also like Delanie Walker at $3.8K vs Bills (27th ranked DEF against TEs), Antonio Gates ($4.2K) in his return game vs Pittsburgh (29th ranked), Jason Witten ($4.5K) could be a PPR special vs NE.

The TE who is my super sleeper pick this week is Derek Carrier ($2500) vs ATL (19th). Derek Carrier caught 2 passes for 18 yards on Sunday, 1 during a brief period of the game when Jordan Reed suffered a slight knee injury, and then would later return. Carrier also caught a pass during the final Washington drive, BEFORE Reed left the game with 42 seconds remaining due to his 4th concussion of his career. Carrier IS a pass-catching TE, and at 6'4" and 241, would seem to be an attractive target in the middle for Cousins, who loves going to his TE. Reed was tied for 2nd on the team in targets with a healthy 8, even with being out of the game during parts of 2 drives. I also think on the road against Atlanta, Cousins will be forced to throw the ball a lot more. If Reed cannot go on Sunday, and with his concussion history, I'm going to say that it is pretty doubtful, then you can't find a better bargain than Derek Carrier at the TE position. Moreover, the pass receiving RB, Chris Thompson, at $3,300 against the 32nd ranked run defense, also could be a bargain... but not sure if I have the gonads to play him, even in a flex. In the last two games, Thompson has racked up 163 yards from scrimmage, with 10 catches and a TD. I expect his role to grow against Atlanta, who allowed 10 catches and 100 yards receiving to the RB who played the same role for Dallas as Thompson does for the Redskins... Lance Dunbar in week 3.

And agreed on Eifert vs Seattle. Not with Chancellor back... no way.

He was going to be my sneeky suggestion too. I think he could be the biggest beneficiary of Reed's absence.