SportsWrath

The Giants have a new OT in the works

Lughead

As a Giants fan, Herc, by proxy, also has 4 Superbowl rings.

Well... good for Herc.

I'm sure he's scraping one off to your post.

He likes that kind of pillow talk.

I'm not allowed to even get triggered by that anymore.

Sorry, Rik.

Herc just totally fucked up my desire to joke around with you guys about football.

I thought football was suppose to be fun.

:(

Whats your honest take on the 2 times the Giants will play the Eagles this year?

They'll split like last year, IMHO.

It's always tough for your team to win in Philly.

I actually think your bummy ass team will win the division with 11 or 12 wins.

(Oh, oh... Herc is gonna bitch about that)

But your O-line and running game's gotta get their shit together.

The Eagles will go 8-8.

9-7 if they get some breaks.

Cowboys ain't shit. :laugh:

Thing is, teams can overcome a below-average OL and win. The Giants OL last year was worse than what they have this year, and they won 11 games.

What you can't overcome is a bad secondary. Giants fans know. We remember C.C. Brown.

It's funny hearing Eagles' fans with their confidence this year. They think they got so much better. Well, the whole league got better. That's the point. Teams try to improve year to year. The Giants added two very valuable weapons on offense and now have a more dynamic running game by letting go of Jennings and turning the keys over to Paul Perkins and Wayne Gallman.

I like Blount and all. And Jeffery is a nice player when he's healthy, But that defense is going to be roasted if they can't cover. That's @ fatal flaw. You can overcome pass pro deficiencies by getting the ball out quick, or devoting an extra blocker, or running the ball effectively. You can't overcome a secondary that can't cover. And that's why the Eagles are screwed.

Thing is, teams can overcome a below-average OL and win. The Giants OL last year was worse than what they have this year, and they won 11 games.

What you can't overcome is a bad secondary. Giants fans know. We remember C.C. Brown.

It's funny hearing Eagles' fans with their confidence this year. They think they got so much better. Well, the whole league got better. That's the point. Teams try to improve year to year. The Giants added two very valuable weapons on offense and now have a more dynamic running game by letting go of Jennings and turning the keys over to Paul Perkins and Wayne Gallman.

I like Blount and all. And Jeffery is a nice player when he's healthy, But that defense is going to be roasted if they can't cover. That's @ fatal flaw. You can overcome pass pro deficiencies by getting the ball out quick, or devoting an extra blocker, or running the ball effectively. You can't overcome a secondary that can't cover. And that's why the Eagles are screwed.

The Eagles defense is better than you think.

The secondary may be a problem but the rest of that defense is pretty solid.

The Eagles drafted 2 CB beasts who should change all that, but one is hurt and won't play this year. (Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas)

They're also getting a couple of guys back that were injured last year... so they won't be terrible. (Hopefully)

A bad O-line with a good defense will get you through the regular season... but in the playoffs, you'll get crushed unless your defense plays out of this world.

The Vagiants of 2011 O-line was horrible, but their defense won those playoff games with stellar play.

They're one of the few exceptions.

The 2011 defense wasn't exceptional. The biggest reason they won the Super Bowl that year was because their wide receivers played out of their minds

Their defense wasn't exceptional but in the playoffs they carried that team.

Nicks was the best player in the entire 2011 postseason and had one of the greatest postseason runs for a wide receiver ever

...And left so many of us wondering what might have been had 2012 not wrecked his body.

Of course, had he a long, productive career... there would be no Beckham in blue....

They'll split like last year, IMHO.

It's always tough for your team to win in Philly.

I actually think your bummy ass team will win the division with 11 or 12 wins.

(Oh, oh... Herc is gonna bitch about that)

But your O-line and running game's gotta get their shit together.

The Eagles will go 8-8.

9-7 if they get some breaks.

Cowboys ain't shit. :laugh:

I like this guy :wub:

Yeah but, his team has no Superbowl rings and the Giants, of course, have 4.

right, right. I would definitely have more respect for him as a man if his team had more Super Bowl rings.

:ranting2:

Fucking Herc!