SportsWrath

Welcome to the #7 overall draft pick 2015

gmenroc

So with yesterday's games...St. Louis & Atlanta wins were good for our draft position

#1 Raiders

#2 Jaguars

#3-4 Buccaneers & Jets

#5 Titans

#6 Redskins

#7 Giants

#8 Panthers

#9-13 Rams, Falcons, Saints, Bears, Vikings

Will be rooting for all these non-Giant teams from this point forward. Was looking at schedules briefly. Oakland has a real chance at losing out...going 0-16...and locking up the #1 pick. Jacksonville plays us AND Tennessee...two games that will come into play for draft order. Nice thing is, that Jacksonville or Tennessee is guaranteed another win on their record given they play each other. As for Tampa Bay, they play Carolina yet, so one of those two teams will end up with another win as well.

Giants will likely lose to Dallas next week. Cowboys are coming off a bye and we can't put a full game together.

Have to believe we'll lose week 16 and 17 to St. Louis and Philly.

So that's 3 more losses. Weeks 13-15 that include Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington will ultimately determine top 5 or top 10 draft pick.

So with yesterday's games...St. Louis & Atlanta wins were good for our draft position

#1 Raiders

#2 Jaguars

#3-4 Buccaneers & Jets

#5 Titans

#6 Redskins

#7 Giants

#8 Panthers

#9-13 Rams, Falcons, Saints, Bears, Vikings

Will be rooting for all these non-Giant teams from this point forward. Was looking at schedules briefly. Oakland has a real chance at losing out...going 0-16...and locking up the #1 pick. Jacksonville plays us AND Tennessee...two games that will come into play for draft order. Nice thing is, that Jacksonville or Tennessee is guaranteed another win on their record given they play each other. As for Tampa Bay, they play Carolina yet, so one of those two teams will end up with another win as well.

Giants will likely lose to Dallas next week. Cowboys are coming off a bye and we can't put a full game together.

Have to believe we'll lose week 16 and 17 to St. Louis and Philly.

So that's 3 more losses. Weeks 13-15 that include Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington will ultimately determine top 5 or top 10 draft pick.

Tampa Bay and Carolina both have an outside shot at the playoffs, too. They could theoretically finish 6-10 this season and win the NFC South, in which case, they jump way up there.

Tampa Bay and Carolina both have an outside shot at the playoffs, too. They could theoretically finish 6-10 this season and win the NFC South, in which case, they jump way up there.

This is what I was going to say somebody has to win the South so one of those 13 teams gets the 21st pick

This is what I was going to say somebody has to win the South so one of those 13 teams gets the 21st pick

The giants can get their act together and lose out.... There's no room for error... We must waver... The March to 3 and 13 must go on.

We can draft pretty much any position, and it will fill a need. I'd prefer to see OL. We'll likely net out with the 8-10 spot.

Looks like there are a fair amount of 1st round talent Tackles in this draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/OT

Guys I do NOT want us to draft. Jamis Winston (can you imagine him with the NY media circus?), Landon Collins (will be a decent safety in the league, but not worth a top 10 pick). I'm also not big on drafting RBs high, as I believe the OL is more critical to a successful running game, and RBs can be found mid-late rounds (e.g. Jacobs, Bradshaw, Jennings).

We can draft pretty much any position, and it will fill a need. I'd prefer to see OL. We'll likely net out with the 8-10 spot.

Looks like there are a fair amount of 1st round talent Tackles in this draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/OT

Guys I do NOT want us to draft. Jamis Winston (can you imagine him with the NY media circus?), Landon Collins (will be a decent safety in the league, but not worth a top 10 pick). I'm also not big on drafting RBs high, as I believe the OL is more critical to a successful running game, and RBs can be found mid-late rounds (e.g. Jacobs, Bradshaw, Jennings).

Agreed. OL all the way! With a LB close behind!

A QB in the first round (Mariota, Winston) would literally have me find a new team to root for, and no, I'm not kidding.

There are intriguing DE/DT guys too given our defense is last in the league. I will wait untiil after the college season when the draft sites start putting up profiles on guys, but from what I have read (limited info), if we're in the top 10, we should have a shot at a pretty good OT. And if we were to miss out on one of the top notch OT guys, a prominent DE or DT should be there waiting for us.

I'll be honest though, given what we've seen out of Beckham and the impact a rookie WR can have, I'd be really tempted to pull the trigger on Amari Cooper. Having that tandem with Cruz would be way tempting, but the realist inside me keeps telling me..."QB needs time to throw and what about the running game, blah, blah, blah..."

A QB in the first round (Mariota, Winston) would literally have me find a new team to root for, and no, I'm not kidding.

There are intriguing DE/DT guys too given our defense is last in the league. I will wait untiil after the college season when the draft sites start putting up profiles on guys, but from what I have read (limited info), if we're in the top 10, we should have a shot at a pretty good OT. And if we were to miss out on one of the top notch OT guys, a prominent DE or DT should be there waiting for us.

I'll be honest though, given what we've seen out of Beckham and the impact a rookie WR can have, I'd be really tempted to pull the trigger on Amari Cooper. Having that tandem with Cruz would be way tempting, but the realist inside me keeps telling me..."QB needs time to throw and what about the running game, blah, blah, blah..."

I highly doubt Mariota even falls to us, but if he does, I still wouldn't take him. DE/DT Leonard Williams 6'5 300 could be the next JJ Watt and is too good to pass on, but likely won't be around by the time we pick. Unless of course, this team goes 3-13, which I wouldn't be shocked by, at this point.

I highly doubt Mariota even falls to us, but if he does, I still wouldn't take him. DE/DT Leonard Williams 6'5 300 could be the next JJ Watt and is too good to pass on, but likely won't be around by the time we pick. Unless of course, this team goes 3-13, which I wouldn't be shocked by, at this point.

It's that Tennessee-Jacksonville-Washington stretch that could screw us out of some of these guys.

Yes no OL no offense... and no running game... I think an adequate WR will get open if the QB is given 3 to 5 seconds on a consistent basis... and Eli has 5 years left... I mean look at his brother... QB is not our biggest problem... he may not be top 10 but he's good when the OL is good.

Are you kidding, I'm rooting for this team to go 3-13....

Yes no OL no offense... and no running game... I think an adequate WR will get open if the QB is given 3 to 5 seconds on a consistent basis... and Eli has 5 years left... I mean look at his brother... QB is not our biggest problem... he may not be top 10 but he's good when the OL is good.

I agree, it all starts in the trenches, but our defense has been so bad this year...I'm torn between more offensive line help that we've desparately been needing for years (to which we did get some help in Pugh and Richburg) and defensive line (given the defense has been awful this year).

I agree, it all starts in the trenches, but our defense has been so bad this year...I'm torn between more offensive line help that we've desparately been needing for years (to which we did get some help in Pugh and Richburg) and defensive line (given the defense has been awful this year).

Well the BPA will be in place but here's what I would like to bring up... one of the complaints from the Defensive side of the ball is that the O can't sustain drives which puts the D back on the field quick... true of course but the counter argument is maybe if their slow asses could've gotten the opposing offenses off the field as well, they wouldn't be so butt hurt... I guess it comes down to who we land in FA or who's available etc... it won't be a magic bullet but given the OLine needs to gel and those guys stay put for years, I'd go with that and build the OL... then continue building as the Oline gets its act together with time...

I expect the giants to win these games, but I won't be shocked if they lose these.

Tennessee played Pittsburgh fairly tough last night, which was surprising to me, so I wouldn't chalk that W up there as quickly as I would've a few weeks ago.

All the more reason to play Nassib.

Abso-fucking-lutely. You could get the guy some experience and give us a better shot at a better draft pick all at the same time.

Tennessee played Pittsburgh fairly tough last night, which was surprising to me, so I wouldn't chalk that W up there as quickly as I would've a few weeks ago.

Abso-fucking-lutely. You could get the guy some experience and give us a better shot at a better draft pick all at the same time.

Yes I was rooting for TN last night... and I will be rooting for them against us... as far as Nassib, I don't think it's going to happen... It would put Eli in an awkward situation... and if it does, with our luck, he's going to start winning... which is something I don't want to happen... 3-13 baby :flex:

Yes I was rooting for TN last night... and I will be rooting for them against us... as far as Nassib, I don't think it's going to happen... It would put Eli in an awkward situation... and if it does, with our luck, he's going to start winning... which is something I don't want to happen... 3-13 baby :flex:

Eli hurt my feelings on Sunday. 5 times.

I can't say I'd give two shits about Eli being in an awkward situation. Once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, make an announcement that we're making a change at starting QB for the rest of 2014 and that regardless of what happens, Eli is the starter in 2015.

If we start winning, Nassib basically does 1 of 2 things. Increases his own trade value to the point we let him go elsewhere...or...tells us we have a quality backup. No more, no less.

For what it's worth, I don't see it happening either.

I did something unprecedented.. I walked out early in the 3rd qtr... I'm glad I did.

Thought the game was televised here...sat down to watch...it wasn't televised...read/followed the play-by-play...was happy it wasn't televised.

Good thing they're on Sunday night...we all know they bring out their best football for those prime time games.