SportsWrath

Most disappointing Giants player for you?

GA4M

Aaron Ross, during the draft I really wanted joe Stanley the tackle from a small school who evenually went to SF. I thought to myself this dude was a track star, his girl is a tract star. I was all hyped that he'll handle the secondary for years to come. A glass for a shoulder and bad tackling did him in. He was serviable but not anything I was really hoping for. He did a decent job during the Super Bowl as well just nothing close to the Jason Sehorn I was expecting.

How about Mitch Petrus? He looked great rookie year, played well when called upon in the post season and I really thought we had something there.......a 10 year anchor at OG. Then he came to camp the next year looking like he'd never played the game and was out of football by December! He's back home in Arkansas, playing guitar in a band called Vikings Of The North Atlantic.

You forgot Kent Graham in there.

Yeah shit, another flop....what a slew of bad QB's them days. other than the time he was QB and we beat Denver at the end of the game, another bad Idea for the team.

How about Mitch Petrus? He looked great rookie year, played well when called upon in the post season and I really thought we had something there.......a 10 year anchor at OG. Then he came to camp the next year looking like he'd never played the game and was out of football by December! He's back home in Arkansas, playing guitar in a band called Vikings Of The North Atlantic.

I honestly dont see it, he was ok as a rookie, he showed what you would expect from a fifth round draft pick.

I never thought he would be anything more than a career back up with his play.

Butch Woolfolk. When you have a 1st round running back in the days of Schembechler's Michigan, you would think that he could gain some yards. Let's just say that if they didn't draft Little Joe in the second round, the 80's would have been far different.

WIlli Joesph , Gerris Wilkerson , Moss, T Walker, Steve Smith

uh ....Steve Smith was brilliant for the Giants ! .........just a shame his time in Blue was cut short .......i'll never forget his 3rd and 11 conversion on the sideline to get out of bounds in the Superbowl in Glendale with a few seconds remaining , just before the Plax TD catch ..........Smith is one of my recent Giant heros !

uh ....Steve Smith was brilliant for the Giants ! .........just a shame his time in Blue was cut short .......i'll never forget his 3rd and 11 conversion on the sideline to get out of bounds in the Superbowl in Glendale with a few seconds remaining , just before the Plax TD catch ..........Smith is one of my recent Giant heros !

I remember when we drafted Smith, I'm not normally a draft pundit but he was one of the few guys I read about that I wanted the Giants to grab and was surprised when they actually did in the second.

Just another causality of having their career cut short by injuries.

thats what disappointing about him i thought he was going to be a star.

he really only had one career year.

Yup....Steve Smith was fucking money when it counted. It was a numbers game, and given how quickly his career ended, Smith made the right decision to follow the money. I blame Reese more than Smith for the fact that the Eagles grabbed him....turned out to be a moot point.

How come no one is mentioning Hakeem Nicks??? We were all expecting SO MUCH out of him and he just....well....disappointed

I remember saying the year he hot hurt that Coughlin was going to run him into the ground, and that's exactly what happened.

Well...considering he helped in a large way to winning a Super Bowl I wouldn't call that disappointing, same with Smith.

I'm just surprised Nemesis has posted Hilliard yet.

Nah, Hilliard never disappointed me because I knew he was bust from the moment the Giants drafted him. This man played 7 years with the Giants and only had 7 one hundred yard games as a Giant. I want you to think about that for a sec. In a 16 game season, he only had one.... One.... One hundred yard game. And he did that for 7 years....Odell Beckum had 7 hundred yard games in only 12 games. Not 7 years. I think what drove me crazy the most is when people said he had great hands. HE ONCE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN DROP PASSES WHILE ONLY PLAYING 8 GAMES!!!!

But it's cool...