SportsWrath

A proposal to my biggest worry this year - shoring up the CB position

BleedinBlue

Everyone is focused on the OL, which makes sense because it has let us down in the past and there's a bunch of new faces that need to learn to gel.

But my biggest worry is at CB. I love Prince and Rodgers-Cromartie, but CB's have a tendency to go down with injuries. I don't think we have enough depth.

A potential solution (stolen from Fansided - Sports Illustrated):

Tarell Brown - Cornerback (free agent)

Seasons: 8

Drafted: San Francisco 49ers 5th round (147th overall) in the 2007 NFL Draft

Teams Played For: San Francisco 49ers (2007-2013), Oakland Raiders (2014)

Super Bowl Appearances: 2012 (Lost to Ravens)

Brown has started 56 games in the last 4 seasons. During that time he played for a San Francisco defense that made life difficult for everyone it faced ( 2011-2013) as well as pretty bad Oakland squad (2014). He was probably elevated by the play around him with the 49ers but was still a very solid player and frequent contributor. Brown is a guy who could be brought in to reinforce the depth on this roster, which along with the offensive line was the biggest problem over the past 2 dreadful seasons. He can play on the outside as well as in the slot and in my eyes would be the 4th corner. If starters Prince Amukamara, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and nickel corner Trumaine McBride were to go down (which has happened to Amukamara and Mcbride during their time in New York) Brown could step right in. He is an instant upgrade over Chykie Brown who, before being signed by the Giants, was released by the Ravens. Giants new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo was the coach of that Ravens secondary.

You can never have enough corners in this league, especially with pass happy teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, and Saints on this years schedule.

I really believe we need more CB depth before stepping into this coming season.

I think it's a major concern next offseason. Resigning Prince will be huge, but getting a guy to develop behind he and DRC would be a good idea. McBride has played well in the past. I'm okay with him in the light of Thurmond wanting more money.