SportsWrath

OBJ hurt in practice

Lughead

Any news on this today? Just sore I hope.

Basically, he and Coughlin are pretty much word for word saying the exact same things as last year, when he missed the first 4 games of the regular season and all preseason games.

I read somewhere that it's 1000% precautionary. I read that it's NOT the same hamstring as last year. I read that if there was a game to be played, he'd be suiting up.

The one thing I read that DID concern me is OBJ's outlook on the offseason. He stated something to the effect that it's the first offseason he's enjoyed. Traveling, living it up a little...thought that might be a stretch. Essentially, taking time off to enjoy being a professional athlete...which isn't necessarily a bad thing...until you look at his return to the practice field and he has a hamstring tighten up. Can't say it was a bad injury...because it doesn't appear to be...and can't say that the offseason away from practice and training was definitively the cause...but you have to wonder about the time off and his having to get back into it having a more negative impact than if he had remained in a training program all offseason focusing on strengthening/reinforcing his hamstrings.

He's an allstar, have you seen his twitter feed during the offseason?

Is he isnt hanging out with Dez Bryant, he's out with Lebron James, or shooting hoops with *instert some famous NBA player*

The great thing though was as soon as OTA's and camps started he was with Eli and the rest of the team.

I think he's falling into the diva lifestyle but really as long as he keeps his mouth in check and doesnt think he's bigger than the team (although honestly he could be playing for any team and still be the best) it should be fine.

He's an allstar, have you seen his twitter feed during the offseason?

Is he isnt hanging out with Dez Bryant, he's out with Lebron James, or shooting hoops with *instert some famous NBA player*

The great thing though was as soon as OTA's and camps started he was with Eli and the rest of the team.

I think he's falling into the diva lifestyle but really as long as he keeps his mouth in check and doesnt think he's bigger than the team (although honestly he could be playing for any team and still be the best) it should be fine.

Even before OTA's he was working out with Eli at Duke university.

I read somewhere that it's 1000% precautionary. I read that it's NOT the same hamstring as last year. I read that if there was a game to be played, he'd be suiting up.

The one thing I read that DID concern me is OBJ's outlook on the offseason. He stated something to the effect that it's the first offseason he's enjoyed. Traveling, living it up a little...thought that might be a stretch. Essentially, taking time off to enjoy being a professional athlete...which isn't necessarily a bad thing...until you look at his return to the practice field and he has a hamstring tighten up. Can't say it was a bad injury...because it doesn't appear to be...and can't say that the offseason away from practice and training was definitively the cause...but you have to wonder about the time off and his having to get back into it having a more negative impact than if he had remained in a training program all offseason focusing on strengthening/reinforcing his hamstrings.

Weatherford is one of the most exercise addicted athletes in the NFL and he pulls all sorts of muscles...hasn't kept him out of any games but I'm not sure the key is a stringent workout routine in the offseason. I much prefer the Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber approach to the offseason.

Didn't Tiki and Amani do karate and run up hills (ala Walter Payton) to get ready for the season?

And lets be honest, Weatherford does all that shit to look good. He isn't even a top 10 punter in the NFL.

Yep karate and yoga and things meant for flexibility and burst speed

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting they powerlift 365 days a year. Just something aside from going to parties and events to maintain flexibility, a little strength, and conditioning. Essentially, you're looking to avoid shock to the body and muscles when coming back to the team.

That's my concern.... unlike us, being a pro athlete IS their job... staying in shape IS their primary focus year round... so when I hear about shit like this it irks me to no end.