SportsWrath

Just how bad has the injury bug really been for the Giants?

BleedinBlue

Palmieri has about as much to do with injuries to players as the easter bunny. If you guys want to insist on connecting some dots to figure out injuries I would suggest going to medical school after spending 6 years training to be a professional athlete.

I'd have to disagree here... The Giants are consistently at the bottom of the pile in that department.... And all the evidence (especially the type of injuries) point to our conditioning program. I'm always taken back to two stories:

- Amani Toomer...and how he was able to slim down and get more flexible in order accomdate the changes the human body goes thru.

- My 1st SGT in the Army who wouldn't let us use ear plugs because of his dumb reasoning that we won't be able to hear the enemy... dumb because I would rather preserve my hearing... now I'm partially deaf...

This is something that has gone on in the Giants organization for a long time. Things like this more often than not start at the top. And I mean the owners, not the head coach. We like to think the Giants are all class. The results show otherwise.

I don't know if that's really true, fringe.... I think it always seems to the fan that their team loses a disproportionate number of players, but this is the first year over year, empirical analysis I've seen which shows the Giants at the bottom of the list. I've seen single season analysis before, some years were bad, some were pretty good. I don't know enough to conclude that this is an issue that goes back ten years, twenty years, or more.

I don't really know, just saying that what is missingis many, many years analysis of games lost to injury. I don't know why more folks who are paid to analyze the game don't focus on that aspect of the game, because reversion to mean on the injury issue seems to be one of the biggest predictors of a team's future success.

I don't know if that's really true, fringe.... I think it always seems to the fan that their team loses a disproportionate number of players, but this is the first year over year, empirical analysis I've seen which shows the Giants at the bottom of the list. I've seen single season analysis before, some years were bad, some were pretty good. I don't know enough to conclude that this is an issue that goes back ten years, twenty years, or more.

I don't really know, just saying that what is missingis many, many years analysis of games lost to injury. I don't know why more folks who are paid to analyze the game don't focus on that aspect of the game, because reversion to mean on the injury issue seems to be one of the biggest predictors of a team's future success.

I'd have to disagree here... The Giants are consistently at the bottom of the pile in that department.... And all the evidence (especially the type of injuries) point to our conditioning program. I'm always taken back to two stories:

- Amani Toomer...and how he was able to slim down and get more flexible in order accomdate the changes the human body goes thru.

- My 1st SGT in the Army who wouldn't let us use ear plugs because of his dumb reasoning that we won't be able to hear the enemy... dumb because I would rather preserve my hearing... now I'm partially deaf...

When you look at injuries over 20 years you see a different pattern. When the team is under pressure to produce results after falling short the year before, that is when the injuries skyrocket.

When you look at injuries over 20 years you see a different pattern.

Is that based on actual research, or just the eye test? Because I would love to see some real research on that.

When the team is under pressure to produce results after falling short the year before, that is when the injuries skyrocket.

That kind of makes sense, but its not unique to the Giants either.