SportsWrath

Just how bad has the injury bug really been for the Giants?

BleedinBlue

An interesting anaylsis from Sharp Football shows what we already knew, but didn't know it was this bad. The Giants have been hit the hardest by a long shot. The Eagles have fared the best.

One of the graphs:

CGTNvx_WUg_AAr_DH3.png

To read the full article, go here: http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/analyzing-nfl-injuries-how-2014-was-affected-and-who-will-benefit-in-2015

It's been bad enough that they should be looking to replace staff and/or training methods.

Over the last 5+ years, the Giants injury history has been among the worst in the NFL.

Don't ask me why coaches and assistants are getting fired, and yet we have the worst record in the league with respect to injuries and our training staff is untouchable.

It's been bad enough that they should be looking to replace staff and/or training methods.

Over the last 5+ years, the Giants injury history has been among the worst in the NFL.

Don't ask me why coaches and assistants are getting fired, and yet we have the worst record in the league with respect to injuries and our training staff is untouchable.

Its that fucking turf.

C. Wagon

And what lost Coughlin his last job? Injuries!

And who was his strength and conditioning coach? I'll give you one guess...

No shit?

I don't think one has to do a complicated regression or correlation analysis to find the problem. This info really bugs me. Did not know that.

Interesting how the Eagles are doing. Didn't somebody post an article on Kelley's sports science and how he guards it like gold. Seems there is something he has hit onto that the Giants need to gain.

Interesting how the Eagles are doing. Didn't somebody post an article on Kelley's sports science and how he guards it like gold. Seems there is something he has hit onto that the Giants need to gain.

The Broncos decided to try a new regimen last year as well. Seems to have worked.

Its that fucking turf.

C. Wagon

Wouldn't the Jets be seeing the same injuries though in that case?

Agreed....the Jets' injury track record is much better than the Giants.

No shit?

I don't think one has to do a complicated regression or correlation analysis to find the problem. This info really bugs me. Did not know that.

Yeah for real. In the year Coughlin was out of football, Palmieri was on the Saints. When they had one of the worst injury years of any team that year, the Saints had the common sense to fire him.

Wouldn't the Jets be seeing the same injuries though in that case?

I just hate the shit.....it is soul sucking...and a homogenization of the game and now that you mention it...if it weren't for the fucking Jets ...who don' t play hard enough to get hurt....) the Giants would have their own stadium and could play on grass..the way the good Lord intended.

Fuck that turf..and fuck the Jets.

C. Wagon

I just hate the shit.....it is soul sucking...and a homogenization of the game and now that you mention it...if it weren't for the fucking Jets ...who don' t play hard enough to get hurt....) the Giants would have their own stadium and could play on grass..the way the good Lord intended.

Fuck that turf..and fuck the Jets.

C. Wagon

I take it you don't like the Jets?

What happened to the grass anyway? I remember the old stadium was going grass but it didn't last very long.

From what I remember they were using this tray system in the old stadium and couldn't keep up with the maintenance. I believe before we partnered with the Jets on Metlife we were planning on using grass in our new stadium but compromised.

Its that fucking turf.

C. Wagon

That used to be the problem or at least the excuse years ago, Chuck... the turf is fine... and it sure as hell wouldn't cause torn pecs... We have a glaring obvious problem that's our conditioning program... it sucks.

That used to be the problem or at least the excuse years ago, Chuck... the turf is fine... and it sure as hell wouldn't cause torn pecs... We have a glaring obvious problem that's our conditioning program... it sucks.

This and everything Seph regarding Palmieri. Coughlin is loyal as fuck when it comes to his "guys"

Palmieri has about as much to do with injuries to players as the easter bunny. If you guys want to insist on connecting some dots to figure out injuries I would suggest going to medical school after spending 6 years training to be a professional athlete.

Palmieri has about as much to do with injuries to players as the easter bunny. If you guys want to insist on connecting some dots to figure out injuries I would suggest going to medical school after spending 6 years training to be a professional athlete.

Agreed.....but once a narrative takes hold, like TC rushing players back or not playing deserving rookies, there's no stopping it.

Nonsense, one doesn't have to be a doctor or a professional athlete - let alone both! - to understand injuries.

It may not be an accurate conclusion - Palmieri isn't the only factor here - but if we aren't looking at the guy in charge of conditioning, then who? Thats the next place I would look for a cause, right after the kind of drills, etc. being performed in practice. (How much full contact, etc.).