BlueInCanada

QB or RB?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do they take?

• QB
    • RB

If qb I go Rosen.

If not I go Barkley.

That's where I'm at, too. BUT, I'd like to know where the OL upgrade, which Gettleman cited as priority #1, is coming from. If neither later round draft picks or Free Agency hold promising options, I'd probably be disappointed at first but I'd completely understand if we passed on those two "glamour" picks, traded down and took the OG from Notre Dame......and then we'd still need a RT.

That's where I'm at, too. BUT, I'd like to know where the OL upgrade, which Gettleman cited as priority #1, is coming from. If neither later round draft picks or Free Agency hold promising options, I'd probably be disappointed at first but I'd completely understand if we passed on those two "glamour" picks, traded down and took the OG from Notre Dame......and then we'd still need a RT.

I'm hearing we are going to push for Norwell if he doesn't get franchised. Other guys I like are Fleming from NE, Hubbard from Pittsburgh, Fusco from SF and Kelemete from NO.

Wouldn't mind Fluker back either.

I don't like the idea of going for Norwell and still not having a tackle. Hoping to draft a starting tackle in the second round is just that, a hope because you don't know how the board is going to play out. We are not an offensive guard away from greatness here. I think we need to bring back Fluker at the right price if we are going to lose Pugh.

I like the idea of trading down with the Jets and picking up Quenton Nelson (OG from Notre Dame).

What do you guys see in Rosen that makes you think he will be successful at the next level? When I see Rosen I feel like I'm watching the next Ryan Tannehill or Elvis Grbac. Maybe the next Brad Johnson or Chris Chandler. I don't see anything special. Seriously I think he's the next Jon Kitna.

What do you guys see in Rosen that makes you think he will be successful at the next level? When I see Rosen I feel like I'm watching the next Ryan Tannehill or Elvis Grbac. Maybe the next Brad Johnson or Chris Chandler. I don't see anything special. Seriously I think he's the next Jon Kitna.

Honestly there isnt a single QB in this draft that looks all that impressive, but of them Rosen looks like the most pro ready.

The only reason these QBs are being so highly touted is the fact that this draft is probably the worst in the past 10 years in terms of Oline and Dline talent which usually clog up the the top 15 picks in the draft.

Lots of CB talent though.

He seems to have the best arm and accuracy...

Best mechanics, eyes, footwork, processing, smarts. I do like the upside of Darnold, but that wind up delivery and 19 turnovers scare me

Browns are going to take Barkley and we will have to make a decision on one of these quarterbacks, which will likely be wrong, if only for the fact teams rarely follow up a franchise quarterback with another one. The odds arent good.

It would be a shocking display of brilliance for the Browns to take Barkley with the first pick of the draft if they can't trade the pick.

It would be a shocking display of brilliance for the Browns to take Barkley with the first pick of the draft if they can't trade the pick.

I think they will... Which means the Giants may very well trade down since I don't think any of the QBs available are worth 2nd overall...

He seems to have the best arm and accuracy...

Best mechanics, eyes, footwork, processing, smarts. I do like the upside of Darnold, but that wind up delivery and 19 turnovers scare me

Rosen is pretty accurate at the short and intermediate level. He isn't all that accurate beyond the 15-20 yard area, Darnold is more accurate in that regard. Darnold is a play-maker that makes something happen from nothing. I rarely see Rosen make something happen when the play design doesn't work or protection breaks down. He doesn't throw on the run very well and he's missed a lot of games to injury.

The wind up delivery thing on Darnold is way overblown, as is the footwork. Guy steps in the bucket, usually when he's getting pressure, but he still makes the play. I mean, I can criticize the guy's footwork but if he throws an accurate ball with power (and he has a stronger arm than Rosen), then all that tells me is he's accurate from a variety of platforms. Rosen I am much less confident in in that regard.

Have you watched the turnovers? I have...they are not that bad. Guy was playing with an atrocious OL and was facing pressure all the time, taking hits, and yes, he needs to focus on ball security in the pocket...coachable.

Rosen is pretty accurate at the short and intermediate level. He isn't all that accurate beyond the 15-20 yard area, Darnold is more accurate in that regard. Darnold is a play-maker that makes something happen from nothing. I rarely see Rosen make something happen when the play design doesn't work or protection breaks down. He doesn't throw on the run very well and he's missed a lot of games to injury.

The wind up delivery thing on Darnold is way overblown, as is the footwork. Guy steps in the bucket, usually when he's getting pressure, but he still makes the play. I mean, I can criticize the guy's footwork but if he throws an accurate ball with power (and he has a stronger arm than Rosen), then all that tells me is he's accurate from a variety of platforms. Rosen I am much less confident in in that regard.

Have you watched the turnovers? I have...they are not that bad. Guy was playing with an atrocious OL and was facing pressure all the time, taking hits, and yes, he needs to focus on ball security in the pocket...coachable.

I'm continually surprised at the comments about Darnold and his throwing motion..... when he has time to set his feet and wind up, perhaps... but he's also shown that he can throw with accuracy and power from off balance positions, without the big wind up.

I was reading today about Gettleman going through the organization since being hired and getting rid of the leaks that have plagued the Giants the last few years. We'll find out on draft day if he was successful.

You know I was thinking this today.

Eli Apple is on the trade block, DRC has rumors of the Gints releasing him for cap reasons and his injured, but still the best CB on the team. Jenkins has shown why he was let go in St.Louis.

What if they go with the CB who is being touted as a once in a lifetime pick? Fitzpatrick.

Can play any DB spot on the field and has that high versatility.

You know I was thinking this today.

Eli Apple is on the trade block, DRC has rumors of the Gints releasing him for cap reasons and his injured, but still the best CB on the team. Jenkins has shown why he was let go in St.Louis.

What if they go with the CB who is being touted as a once in a lifetime pick? Fitzpatrick.

Can play any DB spot on the field and has that high versatility.

Was thinking this last night as well It would give Bettcher his own Honey Badger. I think Fitzpatrick is the best player in this class

I'm continually surprised at the comments about Darnold and his throwing motion..... when he has time to set his feet and wind up, perhaps... but he's also shown that he can throw with accuracy and power from off balance positions, without the big wind up.

I think he bails out on the pocket too fast and rolls right. Easily defensed

Really strong CB class this year I absolutely think they take one at 34.

My top ten

1. Mike Hughes UCF

2. Josh Jackson Iowa

3. Jaire Alexander Louisville

4. Denzel Ward Ohio St

5. Isaiah Oliver Colorado

6. Carlton Davis Auburn

7. Donte Jackson LSU

8. Anthony Everett Alabama

9. M.J. Stewart UNC

10. JC Jackson Maryland