SportsWrath

2010 predictions

i have no problems with any of those picks except the Dodgers. They can rot in hell while their owners tear each others eyes out in divorce court. i think colorado will probably win that division with the giants or Braves as WC. (philly wins east)

AL East:

Yanks

Sox

O's - surprise, just a feeling, they've been putting something together, slowly.

Rays

Jays

Central:

Twins-April not in a dome, they'll be the only ones who can play there.

Detroit

Royals - No, really, look at their team, top 3 pitchers are really good, and they are solid just about everywhere.

Tribe

Sox

West:

Angels - I'd like to say they are on the decline, and maybe this is mostly me not wanting to jinx the Rangers, but as long as Socia is managing, they are the favorites.

Rangers - Lots of big talk and high expectations for a team with 2 winning years this century. Show me.

M's - I was on their bandwagon a couple years ago, they look great on paper.

A's - Would not surprise me if they finished higher.

WC: Sox

NL East

Phillies - Roy Halladay trumps Lee anyday.

Braves - That kid they got in right field is the real deal.

Fish

Mets

Nats - they are on their way, a couple more years...

Central - I always get this division wrong

Cards

Brewers

Cubbies

Reds

Astros

Pirates

West

Rockies - I so bad want to say Giants

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

Snakes

WC- Giants

WS-Yanks def Giants

AL East

Yanks- Catching and OF concerns, but pitching pretty damn good on paper.

Sox- helped themselves too much with Lackey. Hernandez will be harder to keep in the line up without benching Veritak.

Rays-Come back team, but not enough

O's- pitching?

Jays- pitching?

AL Central

Twins

Tigers

Indians

WSox

AL West

M's- Pitching

Rangers- Young guys more experienced. Could easily flip with M's and surprise everyone.

Angels- Lost too much even for Scoscia. Figs, Vlad, Lackey, Jr.

A's???

Wild card- RSox

NL East

Phillies- Cheap bastards should have kept Lee. Assholes

Mets- All the bad luck they had last year could mean they're set for the decade. Cheap bastards should have spent more on OF. Assholes2

Braves- Bobby Cox

Marlins-

Wash-

NL Central

Cards

NL West

Dodgers

Giants- Cheap bastards should have bought some hitting. Assholes3

Wild Card- Mets

WS- Yanks>Cards

AL East

Yankees-Of Course I mean just obvious

Red Sox-Could challenge Yankees should of resigned Bay or brought in another bat

Orioles-alot of young talent will produce some results

Rays-step down I think

Blah Jays-really? why bother even existing has a baseball team

AL Central

Twins-Mauer best player in baseball and then add Morneau, enough said

Tigers

Sox

Royals

Cleveland

AL West

Mariners-like Hernandez and Lee has a 1-2 punch

Rangers-can Feldman and Feliz be the pitching they been looking for?

Angels-team I hate, I get tired of hearing how Anaheim has all this money and are interested in every FA and they end up bare before the season starts

Oakland

NL East

Phillies

Braves

Marlins-the baby fish are better than most think

Mets-more fancy names with little result

Nationals

NL Central

Cardinals

Brew Crew

Astros

Cubs

Reds

Bucs

NL West

Rockies

Giants

Dodgers

Backs

Padres

AL W.C Rangers

N.L W.C Braves

AL Divisional

Yankees 3 Rangers 0

Mariners 3 Twins 2

ALCS

Yankees 4 Mariners 2

NL Divisional

Phillies 3 Rockies 1

Cardinals 3 Braves 1

NLCS

Phillies 3 Cardinals 4

World Series

Yankees 4 Cardinals 3

I think it used to be called the marsh lands when i was little. There had to be some reason the area wasn't developed for so long.

Yeah, it was a landfill. Besides, Flushing Meadows hosted the World Fair twice in a matter of 25 years..some dump.

AL East

Yanks- Catching and OF concerns, but pitching pretty damn good on paper.

Sox- helped themselves too much with Lackey. Hernandez will be harder to keep in the line up without benching Veritak.

Rays-Come back team, but not enough

O's- pitching?

Jays- pitching?

AL Central

Twins

Tigers

Indians

WSox

AL West

M's- Pitching

Rangers- Young guys more experienced. Could easily flip with M's and surprise everyone.

Angels- Lost too much even for Scoscia. Figs, Vlad, Lackey, Jr.

A's???

Wild card- RSox

NL East

Phillies- Cheap bastards should have kept Lee. Assholes

Mets- All the bad luck they had last year could mean they're set for the decade. Cheap bastards should have spent more on OF. Assholes2

Braves- Bobby Cox

Marlins-

Wash-

NL Central

Cards

NL West

Dodgers

Giants- Cheap bastards should have bought some hitting. Assholes3

Wild Card- Mets

WS- Yanks>Cards

Dealing Lee had less to do with money and a lot more to do with an effort to replenish the Phils farm system. Although I think I would have rather just seen them blow their load and go for the gusto the next few years by giving both Lee and Werth (who will probably walk after this season) contracts, I understand the decision from their perspective.

Dealing Lee had less to do with money and a lot more to do with an effort to replenish the Phils farm system. Although I think I would have rather just seen them blow their load and go for the gusto the next few years by giving both Lee and Werth (who will probably walk after this season) contracts, I understand the decision from their perspective.

It'll be a sin if they don't sign Werth. He may not have super star status, but he's way better than an average player that make things work. Sort of like a Paul O'Neil.

What gets me about the Phills is they have a tremendous fan base on both sides of the Delaware. And, if you don't mind me making a pun, you people really are fanatics (Obnoxious, too, when you're winning :05-mafia: ). But you need to win to keep selling those tickets. Why not spend the money to extend their first ever dynasty?

It'll be a sin if they don't sign Werth. He may not have super star status, but he's way better than an average player that make things work. Sort of like a Paul O'Neil.

What gets me about the Phills is they have a tremendous fan base on both sides of the Delaware. And, if you don't mind me making a pun, you people really are fanatics (Obnoxious, too, when you're winning :05-mafia: ). But you need to win to keep selling those tickets. Why not spend the money to extend their first ever dynasty?

I know, I'd love to see Werth stay, I just feel like some team is gonna offer him a huge contract and I doubt the Phillies will match it. I hear you on the money thing though, it wasn't too long ago that selling 1 million tickets was considered a good year - they sold over 3 million this year before the season even started. The money is there for sure, I wouldn't mind seeing them throw some more of it around.