SportsWrath

Former Gaints' safety Stevie Brown just cut by the Texans - should we take him?

BleedinBlue

Link is asking me to register... can you copy and paste the article? Thanks.

You can register for free. But the article only mentions Rolle in the first paragraph and they say he sucks, going slow and taking bad angles. They question whether it's because he knows he will be on the roster and doesn't care about a preseason game or that he has lost a step. Pretty much sums up the entire article unless you want to know about a dozen other players on da Bears.

Link is asking me to register... can you copy and paste the article? Thanks.

Bears safety Antrel Rolle said the secondary has to “contest more throws, win more 1-on-1 matchups, and just be a lot tighter in coverage.’’

In other words, do the opposite of what Rolle did against the Bengals in the Super Bowl of practice games Saturday night.

Rolle didn’t seem to execute any of those items on his checklist as the Bengals were dissecting the Bears on the first TD drive.

On the Bengals’ second scoring drive, Rolle didn’t look interested in tackling Marvin Jones inside the 10 on what became a 31-yard TD.

On the Bengals’ scoring third drive, Rolle took a bad angle on Jeremy Hill’s 26-yard run that came on first-and-20.

Does Rolle not care that much because it’s a practice game and he’s guaranteed a position or is he just not that good, and wouldn’t that make him a perfect Bears safety?

When the Bears released cornerback Tim Jennings and placed safety Ryan Mundy on season-ending injured reserve on Sunday, the starting secondary from last season has been completely blown out, as if it was facing the Packers or Patriots again.

So, the secondary is all new, and almost all bad. From what I’ve seen, anyway.

There are many times when I look at the new secondary’s lack if speed and instincts, and wonder whether those guys could get close enough to make plays if this were flag football.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/ct-bears-safeties-antrel-rolle-rosenbloom-20150901-column.html

We kicked those tires a long time ago. We have one too many Craig Dahl's on the roster as is.

We are also 1 injury away from not having enough. He was with us when Spags was the DC Before, you know when we went to the superbowl? I AM NOT SAYING Dahl was the reason we went to the SB just that he knows Spags System in NY and St.L . BTW who took his(Dahl's) spot in NY?