SportsWrath

With a POS OL, why are good OLmen going elsewhere?

Iceman_NYG

The wonderful world of half truths

Would be nice to think that the only reason the Giants sucked at running the ball was because rookie Andre Williams kept missing the holes.

Improved interior of the offensive line now that J.D. Walton is gone. We still have John Jerry who is looking more like a starter in September than a backup with the slow recovery of Schwartz.

Giants will be just fine if they can keep Eli Manning upright long enough to get the ball to Beckham, Cruz or Randle.

I'm not concerned about the offensive line based on the preseason, I'm concerned because of its performance last season and it doesn't look better going into this season.

There is no depth at tackle or an answer when Flowers starts to struggle.

Newhouse injured ankle or Achilles they are saying .... hoping for cramps. Schwartz working with 1's someone talked about maybe calling Jake longs agent

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-could-be-shorthanded-on-offensive-line-for-jets-game-1.10779113

The Giants could be without two of their starting offensive linemen in Saturday night's preseason game against the Jets.

Starting center Weston Richburg missed a second straight practice with a knee injury and starting right tackle Marshall Newhouse had to leave Wednesday's workout with an ankle injury. Newhouse had the back of his ankle stepped on during a play and limped off. He was replaced by Geoff Schwartz, but after he took a tumble in the two-minute drill he was yanked in favor of rookie Bobby Hart. It was Hart's first time getting first-team reps.Dallas Reynolds replaced Richburg for the second day in a row.

The Giants have not allowed a sack of Eli Manning in two preseason games but the patched-up line could have its hands full against the Jets. "The Jets have an outstanding pressure package," Tom Coughlin said. "They also have an outstanding front, a big front, so we are going to be tested with regards to that, too."

The wonderful world of half truths

Would be nice to think that the only reason the Giants sucked at running the ball was because rookie Andre Williams kept missing the holes.

Improved interior of the offensive line now that J.D. Walton is gone. We still have John Jerry who is looking more like a starter in September than a backup with the slow recovery of Schwartz.

Giants will be just fine if they can keep Eli Manning upright long enough to get the ball to Beckham, Cruz or Randle.

I'm not concerned about the offensive line based on the preseason, I'm concerned because of its performance last season and it doesn't look better going into this season.

There is no depth at tackle or an answer when Flowers starts to struggle.

Rashad Jennings average 4.3 yards per carry over 5 weeks before he got hurt. That's respectable for any running back. Andre Williams posted a 3.3 YPC. Injuries (to Jennings and to the line) and a running back with no vision contributed to a shitty running game. Not because there hasn't been talent infused to the offensive line year after year. Yet, they still have managed to keep Eli upright while he posted a statistical rebound. Still, the injuries to the oline really suck and don't help the cause. I think the coaches have managed to do a great job for the shit hand they are constantly given on the injury front.

Agreed. The OL has mildly surprised me so far in the pre-season. They have been - dare I use the word - fairly solid. I think the geling point is valid here. Maybe I was jumping the gun and seeing so many OLmen signing in other teams. And regarding the injury situation - the shit hands that the Skins and Boys got dealt with their D is pretty bad. Atleast - now the division is open :)

Sigh... I haven't been posting much lately..

I'll take a flier on this season... I'm a firm believer that when it comes to the OL, you build that thru the draft... once in a blue you'd land someone like McKenzie... but most of the time it's a crap shoot... if you look at our OL, we have some pretty good pieces in place and they just need time together with a new system being implemented....

Sigh... I haven't been posting much lately..

I'll take a flier on this season... I'm a firm believer that when it comes to the OL, you build that thru the draft... once in a blue you'd land someone like McKenzie... but most of the time it's a crap shoot... if you look at our OL, we have some pretty good pieces in place and they just need time together with a new system being implemented....

Completely agree. Far more worried about our defensive backfield and the piling up of injuries before the season even gets underway.

Rashad Jennings average 4.3 yards per carry over 5 weeks before he got hurt. That's respectable for any running back. Andre Williams posted a 3.3 YPC. Injuries (to Jennings and to the line) and a running back with no vision contributed to a shitty running game. Not because there hasn't been talent infused to the offensive line year after year. Yet, they still have managed to keep Eli upright while he posted a statistical rebound. Still, the injuries to the oline really suck and don't help the cause. I think the coaches have managed to do a great job for the shit hand they are constantly given on the injury front.

Ah more half truth

The 176 yards against Houston last season significantly lifted that 5 game average, total season average too . It was the only game he went over 100 yards last year. He wasn't even close to averaging 4 yards per carry after he came back. Nobody gets credit for making the best of a bad situation, 2015 season is win or go home time.