SportsWrath

Preseason: Giants at Bengals

Mr. P

I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with JT Thomas. No, he's not LT and never will be. But he's fast, aggressive, smart, and eager to show he has the tools. He's a wild fire...and as the old saying goes, "it's easier to tame a wild fire than to get a rise out of the dead". I think he brings a good and needed chemistry to the team.

Now....if he ends up sucking big time, this post will be thrown in my face for the rest of my life.

Regardless - you heard it here first: JT Thomas is going to make a lot of new fans.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if this guy was a quality player my guess is he would have broken out as a starter on that pathetic Jags team. The fact that he never did speaks volumes to me.

I guess we'll see. Sure hope I have to eat my words.

Thomas sure burned the Giants last year. He was all over the field and turned the game around. Thomas had 12 tackles in the Jaguars' win over the Giants as well as a forced fumble which he returned for a touchdown, and he sacked Eli in the third quarter that sparked the comeback from a 21-0 deficit. He was everywhere, pounding his chest, whoopin it up, and causing mayhem in the backfield.

I'm sure that game had something (a lot) to do with the Giants signing him. I imagine TC and the coaches were wondering, "who the fuck is that kid" because he single handedly beat the Giants.

If they can get him to play like that every game, he'll do just fine.

Ever watch his "wired up" video? http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jags_Wired_JT_Thomas_III/7efd3213-3366-4f32-8b1b-c42d90ce27b2