SportsWrath

Preseason: Giants at Bengals

Mr. P

Cheap bastids, just get Directv

I don't want to buy their package TV just to watch the games. I'm hoping they'll get off their ass and start letting people buy a stream pass, you can't do it in my area yet. plus the fact that I had it for 10 years and had so many picture fade issues, I had to just go with my local cable TV service because I have so many trees in my yard. so yeah, I've been streaming but many of the sites that worked last year got blown out of the water.

I tried doing the right thing and paying for NFL online, but honestly, their streams are so poor and they fuck you over so much (not showing playoff games, streams going offline, etc) that I'll never give them a cent again; I'm stealing everything from now on.

I made it to practice yesterday. Wish I'd gone the day before, when they were in full pads. Just in shells yesterday, so not much hitting. A few things stood out to me. For one, Brett Jones looks like they let a peewee kid on the field.... no effing way is he anywhere near his listed height, because most of the other OL were almost a full head taller than him. To his credit, he does have the biggest calves I've ever seen. Pugh also looks surprisingly small in person. Flowers and Pugh both very clearly have the best feet on the OL, and it isn't close. Most of those guys are plodders. I don't expect much out of Bamiro or Donnelly in particular; two biggest guys on the OL, both dwarf Flowers, but they didn't move well at all. Starting NFL defensive linemen will eat them for lunch.

Beckham is a phenom. You can't appreciate just how good his feet are on TV. I've really never seen anybody move like that, effortless change of direction with just a toe tap. He stands out in individual drills, compared to the other WRs. And in drills against the Bengals he was making everybody look stupid. Adam Jones was losing his shit out there, LOL.

Cruz looked good too. I don't think he's playing on Friday though.

Eli is much bigger in person, and definitely the best pure athlete of our group of QBs. I got close to Andy Dalton too, and there is no chance he's anywhere near his listed height... he's no more than 6', probably just 5'11". Eli clearly had the best arm on the field yesterday, which may be faint praise given his teammates and the feeble competition from the Red Water Pistol. I don't think I saw a bad pass from Eli all day, but there were a couple nasty drops, including one from Cruz in individual drills.

Oh, and Eli's work habits.... he stood out in that when warming up, he varied his drops, as if he were taking mental reps at the same time. The other QBs were really just tossing it around, but Eli was different on every rep. Sometimes he would take a two step drop, sometimes four steps, sometimes none. Sometimes his drop was angled left or right, as if he were in shotgun with a moving pocket.

I watched a lot of special teams drills, in particular gunner v blockers.... Giants didn't show too well on that. Seemed like the Bengals were pretty consistently getting the better of the match up. Unfortunately I was too far away to gather who the individuals were, with one exception.... Corey Washington did well as a gunner the one time I was able to pick him out. So we have that going for us at least.

If I think of anything else of note I'll drop back in....

I think it's $20 for the preseason Streaming package. I get it every year just so I can see the Giants Preseason games. Plus I also like to watch the other teams to try and gleam some gems for the fantasy football drafts. I nailed Jordan Cameron the year he broke out. When I picked him I got looked at in my offline live draft with who the fuck is that look.

I tried doing the right thing and paying for NFL online, but honestly, their streams are so poor and they fuck you over so much (not showing playoff games, streams going offline, etc) that I'll never give them a cent again; I'm stealing everything from now on.

I had the stream in 2013 where you bought the Madden game and they included it for free. I gave the game to my neighbor's son because I had no use for it. even getting it for a pretty good price, the steams were freezing up all the time, no way would I pay full price for it!