SportsWrath

10-step plan on how to fix the Giants

Nas

If Webb comes in and lights it up late in the season, that would put him in the rarified air of such NFL luminaries as Matt Flynn.

Basically, no matter how good he does when/if he sees the field this year, should have zero bearing on whether or not the Giants draft another QB highly.

Yeah watch this shit head team win out this season now and end up 6-10 with something like the 10th pick....

I'm sure I'm in the minority on hoping this happens. If this scenario plays out it shows that the issue really was McAdoo going insane and this team isn't a dumpster fire. This would keep Eli for next year and still potentially get a good QB to mentor. If the dumpster fire explodes these last 4 games it just shows that there is nothing to salvage. I'd rather my team not be the Browns.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on hoping this happens. If this scenario plays out it shows that the issue really was McAdoo going insane and this team isn't a dumpster fire. This would keep Eli for next year and still potentially get a good QB to mentor. If the dumpster fire explodes these last 4 games it just shows that there is nothing to salvage. I'd rather my team not be the Browns.

How many starters are you missing so far? Yes MacAdoo had to go and so did Reese... but injuries were thru the roof too.

1. Draft Saquon Barkley. I dont want to stash a QB after just stashing a QB. Also dont want to burn a 3rd rounder, theyve done that enough

2. Keep Spags/Sullivan/Abrams(for now) I am honestly fine with keeping things the same this time maybe these should of been the guys two years ago, instead of headstrong McAdoo and letting Reese destroy another draft

3. Offensive line-Theres not much in free agency. Resign Fluker and Pugh and theres your right side(yes Pugh belongs at OT) you can draft an LG in round two, though Quenton Nelson may be considered at 2, then the back. At C no Richburg please, sign Travis Swanson, Ryan Jensen or John Sullivan and draft one

4. LB who cares, they put zero on emphasis on a LB making a difference on defense, who cares, corners are more important in this defense. Draft one and hope Eli Apple quits

5. Avery Moss has not been bad has young depth behind Vernon/JPP still need another EDGE

I'm hoping the win the next 4 games just to piss off the draft pundits

1. Draft Saquon Barkley. I dont want to stash a QB after just stashing a QB. Also dont want to burn a 3rd rounder, theyve done that enough

2. Keep Spags/Sullivan/Abrams(for now) I am honestly fine with keeping things the same this time maybe these should of been the guys two years ago, instead of headstrong McAdoo and letting Reese destroy another draft

3. Offensive line-Theres not much in free agency. Resign Fluker and Pugh and theres your right side(yes Pugh belongs at OT) you can draft an LG in round two, though Quenton Nelson may be considered at 2, then the back. At C no Richburg please, sign Travis Swanson, Ryan Jensen or John Sullivan and draft one

4. LB who cares, they put zero on emphasis on a LB making a difference on defense, who cares, corners are more important in this defense. Draft one and hope Eli Apple quits

5. Avery Moss has not been bad has young depth behind Vernon/JPP still need another EDGE

I like this plan. However, the pass rush has been nonexistent. The Oakland game may well have been a different outcome if the defense hadnt folded when we pulled within 3. I like Vernon and JPP for their run defense but JPP, for example, couldnt even sniff the QB and guess who was blocking him? Marshall Newhouse.

I don't like their pick for GM, I also think we should trade Odell.

I don't understand why people want to trade OBJ.

I mean it only makes the team weaker and we would still have to use a draft pick or spend money in FA to replace him.

Not to mention he's probably the best WR to have for a rookie QB since he catches any shitty thrown ball and can take a five yard slant into a 60 yard TD

You want to trade the one guy who's responsible for almost every win in the last 2 years?

I do not think it is the worst plan depending what you get for him... we already know he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, and coming off this injury who knows what we are getting

I do not think it is the worst plan depending what you get for him... we already know he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, and coming off this injury who knows what we are getting

Correct but the O haven't done shit without him... and last thing you need is to have a young QB out there with no weapons to throw to...

he's already back working out, without a boot on. Very encouraging, all indications so far are a full recovery.

Correct but the O haven't done shit without him... and last thing you need is to have a young QB out there with no weapons to throw to...

Do you sign him to a 5 year max salary deal though? With all the needs on this team that seems a bit foolish... MAYBE when Eli's contract is up

Do you sign him to a 5 year max salary deal though? With all the needs on this team that seems a bit foolish... MAYBE when Eli's contract is up

That's usually left up to the salary cap gurus in the FO (man I'd love to work for the Giants finance dept)

I'm not so sure about drafting a RB, particularly while we have a bad OL and fixing it will require substantial resources (signings and high draft picks), plus while Eli is so close to the end of his career (1 year left on contract, right?), plus while being in a top 5 draft position or in general in a position to draft a top QB is so elusive. I'd like to go through the full pre-draft evaluation process and hear more the OL's and QBs, assuming Darnold and Rosen. If a future franchise QB is there, you take him.

Also, Barkey is good, but I don't see Zeke, Bell, or Fournette in him. Besides, all of those guys have decent OLs, unlike the giants.

We all had a similar debate in 2004 when we drafted Eli. Do we stick with Collins or Warner, and instead draft another position? Or do we pick the guy we believe can be a franchise QB?

I'm not so sure about drafting a RB, particularly while we have a bad OL and fixing it will require substantial resources (signings and high draft picks), plus while Eli is so close to the end of his career (1 year left on contract, right?), plus while being in a top 5 draft position or in general in a position to draft a top QB is so elusive. I'd like to go through the full pre-draft evaluation process and hear more the OL's and QBs, assuming Darnold and Rosen. If a future franchise QB is there, you take him.

Also, Barkey is good, but I don't see Zeke, Bell, or Fournette in him. Besides, all of those guys have decent OLs, unlike the giants.

We all had a similar debate in 2004 when we drafted Eli. Do we stick with Collins or Warner, and instead draft another position? Or do we pick the guy we believe can be a franchise QB?

The next franchise QB is paramount.. we don't get to pick this high often... we're not the Jets or the Browns.... we need the new QB who will anchor the position for the next 15 years...