SportsWrath

Josh Hamilton chooses?

Virginia Giant

Los Angeles Angels.

So the Angels have adopted the Steinbrenner/Snyder philosophy of team management? 5 years $125 million. I knew he was gone since before the season and I'm not really sorry. Brilliant at times but also dis-a-fucking-pears waaaay too often. Plus he's a prima donna. The Rangers are going to spend money, but looks like they aren't just going to throw money around with bad deals like Greinke got and how Hamilton.

Spending money and not winning. Sounds like the Yankees alright. The Yankees built dynasties on role players, with a few select free agents and trades. When they started spending out of control in the early 200's, they stopped winning World Series.

Ex-fucking-actly.

Same-Same in the 80's.....when they were the winningest team of the decade...not to win anything.

You got your "Winfield Era" of the 80's ....and now we got our A-Rod Era of the 2000 and teens.

C. Wgaon

Ex-fucking-actly.

Same-Same in the 80's.....when they were the winningest team of the decade...not to win anything.

You got your "Winfield Era" of the 80's ....and now we got our A-Rod Era of the 2000 and teens.

C. Wgaon

That's why I never got the argument that the Yankees "buy championships." How? They don't win when they spend.

• 3 weeks later...

Um... didn't the Yankees win the series in 2009? Shortly after they brought in Sabathia and Teixeira? The Yankees have won the division the last two seasons. Got the wild card in 2010. So you've won the division 3 out of the last 4 years, been to the postseason all 4 of those years, won a championship, and in fact, there's only been 1 season in the last 10+ years the Yankees haven't made the postseason, most of them coming from winning the division. I realize that it's disappointing to make it to the dance a whole bunch of times but only get laid once... but damn, you guys are spoiled.

I'm really hoping with what the Mets are doing now, getting D'Arnaud, having Harvey come on, Wheeler close, and Niese who has established himself, plus the merciful departure of Jason Bay, that this team is on its way to becoming a good team again, that might hopefully, one day soon, make it back to the playoffs. Geez.