SportsWrath

How do the 7 Draft Picks look so far?

JackStroud

Do my eyes deceive me? Is this a Jackybo post that is actually something new? That people can actually talk football in?

HOLY FUCKING SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

Wilson: Has looked alright, showed he has the speed that he was touted for coming out of the draft. He might suffer from the five yards back 45 yards forward trying to make plays by bouncing behind the line. He is going to have to work up the confidence of the coaching staff that he can pass block is he wants to see playing time over Ware who has shown this pre-season that he wants to be the #2 back.

Randle: Has three catches for 76 yards and a TD, has only played time against scrubs so we wont really know about his potential at WR until a starting CB or Nickle back is lined up across from him. The one TD pass was a good pass from Carr but it was still nice to see a rookie haul it in without having any jitters.

Hosley: Stand out so far in the pre-season, starter on special teams and has a legit chance to be the nickle corner come the start of the season. Should provide nice depth behind Prince if an injury flares up again or he catches a cold from the frequent trips to the ice tub. Would like to see him line up against a real WR threat and see what he could do.

Robinson: Will be sitting on special teams all season, provides an extra blocking option for heavy sets. Doubt we will see much until he learns how to play the TE position in the NFL, glad we have Pope coaching him.

Mosley: Might be put on the PS might be on the 53 man, it all depends on who the coaches trust protecting Eli.

McCants: Thought he looked like a mauler on some plays, thought he looked like a revolving door on other plays. Think he has more potential then Mosley but once again PS player or maybe even 53 depending on who the coaches want protecting the one and only Manning.

Kuhn: The German Tiger, looks like a stright freak out on the field at time, ridiculous strength, average speed. Will make the team as a special teams player and will more then likely be thrown in as rotational depth at the D-line.

Out of the seven, five will make the 53 man in Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Robinson, Kuhn. The other two McCants and Mosley will be up in the air either put on the practice squad, make the 53 man or end up being cut.

Nice post Jackybo :TU: :USA:

Rare praise there...........watching the Packers "America's Game" on NFL Network right now..........forgot how good Lombardi really was

as for this post, let me add none of this would be possible without the presence of Chase Blackburn and Ryan Perrilloux LOL

Do my eyes deceive me? Is this a Jackybo post that is actually something new? That people can actually talk football in?

HOLY FUCKING SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

Wilson: Has looked alright, showed he has the speed that he was touted for coming out of the draft. He might suffer from the five yards back 45 yards forward trying to make plays by bouncing behind the line. He is going to have to work up the confidence of the coaching staff that he can pass block is he wants to see playing time over Ware who has shown this pre-season that he wants to be the #2 back.

Randle: Has three catches for 76 yards and a TD, has only played time against scrubs so we wont really know about his potential at WR until a starting CB or Nickle back is lined up across from him. The one TD pass was a good pass from Carr but it was still nice to see a rookie haul it in without having any jitters.

Hosley: Stand out so far in the pre-season, starter on special teams and has a legit chance to be the nickle corner come the start of the season. Should provide nice depth behind Prince if an injury flares up again or he catches a cold from the frequent trips to the ice tub. Would like to see him line up against a real WR threat and see what he could do.

Robinson: Will be sitting on special teams all season, provides an extra blocking option for heavy sets. Doubt we will see much until he learns how to play the TE position in the NFL, glad we have Pope coaching him.

Mosley: Might be put on the PS might be on the 53 man, it all depends on who the coaches trust protecting Eli.

McCants: Thought he looked like a mauler on some plays, thought he looked like a revolving door on other plays. Think he has more potential then Mosley but once again PS player or maybe even 53 depending on who the coaches want protecting the one and only Manning.

Kuhn: The German Tiger, looks like a stright freak out on the field at time, ridiculous strength, average speed. Will make the team as a special teams player and will more then likely be thrown in as rotational depth at the D-line.

Out of the seven, five will make the 53 man in Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Robinson, Kuhn. The other two McCants and Mosley will be up in the air either put on the practice squad, make the 53 man or end up being cut.

Nice post Jackybo :TU: :USA:

hah but when he finally posts a link to something its from april, and even worse it's bleacherreport.

Yeah I think Wilson is going to make some plays and get considerable playing time. He'll be involved in the offense but they won't put an enormous workload on him right away. Hopefully, by the end of the year he'll have fresh legs and be a catalyst for a postseason run, similar to Bradshaw's rookie season in 2007, although I'd like to see Wilson make a bigger impact sooner than Bradshaw did that year, and I expect he will. Bradshaw was damn near a complete non-contributor until the Buffalo game in wk 16. Wilson will have some big moments earlier in the year.

Randle - I expect a similar role for Randle as I do Wilson. I think When the Giants go to the 3 WR set (which they will do often), it will be Hixon and Nicks on the outside with Cruz in the slot in the early going. But I do think Randle will be worked in, brought along, and as Eli's trust in him grows as the season progresses, and he makes plays... then he will earn more playing time. He's a great talent and it will be tough to keep someone that talented off the field for long.

Hosley - I have an entirely different take on Hosley. If the turf toe doesn't hold him out very long, I expect Hosley to be the nickel corner week 1. If not week 1, he'll be the nickel very early in the season. I think the Giants know they are better off with Rolle at safety, and so far, Hosley has shown to be the most competent nickel we have on the team, that can actually compete and have success. And this isn't coming from the INT, which was nice, but all camp he's been doing it, and if you've followed the practice reports and the top plays from camp/practice, you'd see a lot of Jayron Hosley's name coming up. He's a player that will pay early dividends... pending the turf toe.

Robinson - He's probably going to be inactive a lot early, particularly if he's not a big part of specials. This should be a redshirt year for him, and I expect that if he's pressed into action, it will be because something bad happened to Bennett and/or Pascoe. If Robinson is a quick study and can get the offense, and practice well, he could overtake Pascoe for the #2 TE job by the end of the year, but I doubt it.

Mosley and McCants - I put them together because they are in the same spot as far as I'm concerned. For me, they are just fighting for a roster spot, maybe just one roster spot between the two. If they make the team, they are redshirt players, just like Robinson.

Kuhn - Kuhn is an interesting guy. He's shown a lot of power and played well. I think it's important to not get too caught up in the early results, but he's playing his way on the team, and he's competing, right now, at a level that might earn him some playing time relatively early in the season, and it doesn't hurt his chances that his position has been the one taking a lot of injuries. I like Kuhn, he could emerge as a player who could carve himself a little bit of time, but I think more likely, he's a special teams contributor and not much else this year. Good guy to keep an eye on.

haha, I didn't even click on the link. I think I've become so adept at spotting a bleacherreport link that I now just gloss over it without even acknowledging its existence.

Jack, we can't have you reading bleacherreport. Bleacherreport is the rusty bicycle with a flat tire compared to say, NFL.com's Mercedes Benz.

i usally read the bleacherreport think its okay nothing more, but what sites do you guys use, can you recomend something ?

There's another Giants' fan site, Bigblueinteractive, I'm sure you've heard it, that links a lot of Giants-related articles by the beat writers. As far as the greater NFL, I like NFL.com, and ESPN.com. ESPN (the TV network) has gone to shit but there is still some good content on their NFL site, particularly by Dan Graziano, the NFC East blogger. I can get some good info from there about the division and he usually links to articles by beat writers of all the teams in the division as well.

If you just want to read about the Giants, and want something more than what the major players like NFL.com and ESPN.com provides, then you don't need anything more than what you have here and at BBI.

Also, great content with the Giants' App for your smart phone. Some video from practices, good commentary, practice reports, and interviews.

Sorry I thought it was a good article........I'm not biased against anything but Boomer and Carton, and Mike and Mike

4 idiots personified.........all they talk about is Augusta National, Pedophiles, theYankees, and what sports contracts are worth........boring, boring, boring

I get most of my news/talk from Sirius XM, and NFL Network.......don't read too much football online

BTW, its amazing how often Mike Vick gets hurt........he's a walking triage zone....fragile little guy

Seeing Kuhn at camp was impressive. He is a big dude and moved pretty damn quick. A couple of the drills he stood out enough where I looked his number up in the year book saying who is that guy. fucker needs a hair cut though... call me old fashioned but a man should not have hair as long as my wife.

What I noticed about Wilson is he is a showboat... would make a play and then do a pose or a dance... I hate that shit, but if he has the skills to make the plays I guess showing off is not the worst thing in the world. But I am sure that pisses TC off.

So I'm listening to Sirius in the car today and now they are picking us to actually make the playoffs (as a wild Card)......big of them.

I swear we could go 19-0 keep the roster, add 7 great picks, 4 awesome free agents and we would be picked by the majority of the media to finish 3rd in

the NFC East the following year

I wonder how New England would fare in the NFC East

I hope so that 2011 class that was praised (even alot by me) is not looking good. Prince,Austin,Jernigan, Brewer and Jones? eek.

Still holding on to Prince... Webster took a while to develop too.