SportsWrath

Wasteland of sports message boards

Allstarjim

The NY Mets forum, at Sportswrath.com. Wow. Nothing here. Nothing on Ike Davis, nothing on the 20 inning game.... nothing about the good starting pitching lately. Nothing about Reyes batting third this weekend. No talk whatsoever.

We've all been burned THAT bad. Anyone have any optimism at all for this year?

I like Davis. Hopefully he will blossom. Pelfrey has pitched great in his first 3 starts. Perez is still Perez, and Maine... I have no hope for him. I think the Mets ought to stretch out Mejia and let him start, and give his bullpen role to Parnell. I think Maine is really done as a major league caliber starting pitcher.

Anyone with thoughts on the Mets thus far? Bueller?

The NY Mets forum, at Sportswrath.com. Wow. Nothing here. Nothing on Ike Davis, nothing on the 20 inning game.... nothing about the good starting pitching lately. Nothing about Reyes batting third this weekend. No talk whatsoever.

We've all been burned THAT bad. Anyone have any optimism at all for this year?

I like Davis. Hopefully he will blossom. Pelfrey has pitched great in his first 3 starts. Perez is still Perez, and Maine... I have no hope for him. I think the Mets ought to stretch out Mejia and let him start, and give his bullpen role to Parnell. I think Maine is really done as a major league caliber starting pitcher.

Anyone with thoughts on the Mets thus far? Bueller?

They have a group of guys you can root for. Franceour, Bay, Wright, Davis, Reyes. I like Barajas D and ability to hit with some pop 8th. I love Niese, think Pelfrey is gonna be ok and am not concerned with Johan even though he looked awful tonight. This team has hope.

Can you imagine the way the lineup looks if Beltran can ever get back?