SportsWrath

Jonathan Stewart signing with Giants

boohyah

To be fair the last gm left us in a shit tank an we can't afford any top tier FA OL. I mean yeah maybe we could get one but then that's all we will have for the money then we would be tapped out again. We will have to build the OL through the draft. Not nessisarily all in this draft alone. .... that being said I am not seeing the benefits in signing Stewart at all. Gettlemam must "owe" him something so this may be the pay off..... just my speculation.

In all honesty, Gettleman and Shurmur weren't brought in to win now.

They are going to build the next Giants team post Eli.

if Marshall still hasnt passed a physical they can still cut him. It will just add around a million to the dead cap number and still save the team 4 mil in cap space. The space is most valuable today

Also if it was for vet minimum and was for less than what it would cost to keep Darkwa?...... so no Dion Lewis then I take it as well?

I dont think one prohibits the other. We still need a third down back unless they are cool with Perkins in that role

He's had one 1000 yard season. Not overly impressively catching the ball. He's a small enough guy but he's built big. Perhaps the idea is have him come in a grind some yards out. Having a big back and maybe have Gallman be change of pace. Other than that, bringing in a 30 year old with a lot of wear just seems puzzling.

He wont even get the start....watch. This is just insurance and since Gettlemen and the OC have played with him before. Thats all. If we get Barkley - and shore up the OL itll be enough. Time to also evaluate what Nassib is made of.

Why do we need to see what Nassib is made of? That's up to the Jags.

Can't go wrong signing a 30 year old +, one dimensional RB, who averaged 3.4 yards per carry, to play behind a group of backup capable offensive lineman that we currently have.

Meanwhile, OL Andrew Norwell signed with Jacksonville.

Gettlemen is not off to a good start.

Hard to pin the Norwell signing on Gettlemen... and evidently they think highly of Stewart...

There's always someone in our fantasy football league that buys the annual Jonathan Stewart hype and takes him in the fourth round. He's usually back in the free agent pool by week 6. He's just not a good player, fantasy or otherwise. Unless none of his contract is guaranteed, I have no idea why you'd make this signing.

There's always someone in our fantasy football league that buys the annual Jonathan Stewart hype and takes him in the fourth round. He's usually back in the free agent pool by week 6. He's just not a good player, fantasy or otherwise. Unless none of his contract is guaranteed, I have no idea why you'd make this signing.

And this was while he was in his prime too, now hes about the turn 31. He wouldve been available in a 3 weeks with Adrian Peterson and a ton of other veteran running backs on the down slope of their careers. This is one of the worst free agent signings weve made in a long time