SportsWrath

NY GIANTS VS philadelphia eagles Game Thread

fringe

That was one of the worst refereed games Ive seen in a long time but we shouldve won anyway. I cant speak to most aspects of shurmers coaching but his game management so far is not pretty. I put the loss squarely on him and a little on Eli. Im getting really fucking sick of this fourth quarter defense too

Seriously... All joking aside, you guys need a QB.

Its a fact The offense mustered over 300 yards in the first half utilizing Barkley. Its a fact Barkley wasnt in most of the third quarter series. And its a fact that he only touched the ball 5 times in the second half. One of those was during the garbage time final drive. Had he touched the ball and had the giants pounded the run game like they did in the first half, they would have won. Its simple. And its not an opinion; its standard operating procedure for a team with a 19-3 lead and the offensive rookie of the year at running back.

Naww man dont cha know it's all about the defense that held a team to 7 points in one half, or relying on a fucking old QB who can't win games anymore.

Not utilizing your rookie who the Eagles couldnt stop even if they stacked 22 guys in the box.

It's almost like Shurmur forgot we even had 160+ yards on the ground in the first half.

Its obvious - we proved out point in the first half that we can steamroll the Eagles.

And at half time we decided to tank the game to go for the higher pick for maybe Bosa or the Alabama OL

Its possible the Eagles countered and played better in the second half....

Honestly, I thought the biggest differences between the halves was the offensive line and defensive play.

In the first half, we had (what seemed at least) to be a lot of 2nd and 3, 3rd and 2 type of situations.

In the second half, there were at least two third-and-18's, and seemed to always be third-and-more than 8.

Also, our red-zone offense is atrocious (never should have gone for 2, no matter what yard line it is), and the Eagles' offense was more shooting itself in the foot in the first half than we were stopping them. Once they stopped fucking up they started to score.

Also, our red-zone offense is atrocious (never should have gone for 2, no matter what yard line it is)

that's what I keep coming back to about those 2 point attempts --- yes, if your OL is half-decent, and you like your match ups up front, okay, go for two, do it all day long, you'll get no argument from me.

But for the Giants, who can't do anything up front, why on earth wouldn't they just take the basically free point?

Honestly, I thought the biggest differences between the halves was the offensive line and defensive play.

In the first half, we had (what seemed at least) to be a lot of 2nd and 3, 3rd and 2 type of situations.

In the second half, there were at least two third-and-18's, and seemed to always be third-and-more than 8.

Also, our red-zone offense is atrocious (never should have gone for 2, no matter what yard line it is), and the Eagles' offense was more shooting itself in the foot in the first half than we were stopping them. Once they stopped fucking up they started to score.

Exactly... and you have people here asking why did we get away from the run... or the pass... etc... I never understood the complaint that we didn't pass the ball enough and the complaint we didn't run it enough being made at the same time... Barkley was targeted until he was stopped or the defender was in his face before Eli releases the ball... Eli made throws... they weren't caught.. their D played better... but also got a way with pass interference and tripping... to end the game.

Exactly... and you have people here asking why did we get away from the run... or the pass... etc... I never understood the complaint that we didn't pass the ball enough and the complaint we didn't run it enough being made at the same time... Barkley was targeted until he was stopped or the defender was in his face before Eli releases the ball... Eli made throws... they weren't caught.. their D played better... but also got a way with pass interference and tripping... to end the game.

That was because Beckham is an idiot and publicly bitched about he Giants not targeting their secondary. He is a typical diva receiver and thinks his position exists in a vacuum. They had success in the first half throwing the ball because their gameplan was to run Barkley and minimize third and long. Which set up the pass because it was so successful and Philly had to stop the run. The Giants stopped running the ball in the second half and that instead forced passes.

Regardless of all this talk, line up barkley and gallman behind penny and run the fucking ball and grind out some first downs,wear down the defense, throw on second and 1. Keep this shit simple. You were up by 2 scores. There was space over the middle for ellison and sheppard to get short gains. There was no need to throw deep at the end of the 2nd half, a field goal would have been a boost in the second half and made it a 2 score game again. Big difference..

Bottom line is you have too many coaches trying to be the next bill walsh and reinvent the wheel out there and shurmur is looking like one of those guys. None of these coaches are at that level

Mcadoo was another one. Throw deep on 3rd and 1. Throw to the flat on 3rd and 15. This type of coaching basically downgraded the running back position over the last 10 years and basically eliminated the full back. Wouldnt it be nice if someone just went back a little old school and back to a style of play that never stopped working but they just went away from.

That was because Beckham is an idiot and publicly bitched about he Giants not targeting their secondary. He is a typical diva receiver and thinks his position exists in a vacuum. They had success in the first half throwing the ball because their gameplan was to run Barkley and minimize third and long. Which set up the pass because it was so successful and Philly had to stop the run. The Giants stopped running the ball in the second half and that instead forced passes.

Beckham is a head case. I've been saying it for 2 years now. He's the 2018 version of "Dez Owens." :LMAO: