SportsWrath

Hernandez

BlueInCanada

I thought Hernandez was fine...also it's still only pre-season, game 2.

But yeah, 7-9 or 8-8 is likely with this team this year.

I thought he was good... if you look at the tape nothing I though jumps out at me in terms of mistakes. Maybe miscommunication between him and the center on one stunt played. Other than that... nothing that time doesnt fix.

Yeah as optimistic as I am, the schedule is brutal. Like how the hell are we gonna move the ball on Jacksonville the first time we are running a new offense with new o-line parts? Even if they do a good job its still likely a loss

Yeah as optimistic as I am, the schedule is brutal. Like how the hell are we gonna move the ball on Jacksonville the first time we are running a new offense with new o-line parts? Even if they do a good job its still likely a loss

we just wait for Bortles to throw a critical INT or to crumble under pressure like he does 99% of the time.

Im not saying hes a star, but when you go 21:13, 60%, 12th in QBR during the regular season, then go on a playoff run where you dont turn the ball over, throw multiple 4th down tds, go toe to toe with roethlisberger in Pittsburg when your defense doesnt show up, and are a bad call away from beating the pats in the afccg, youve earned a change in the narrative about your ability as a qb. And sneaky fact about last years team is that their running game wasnt that great. Itll improve this year with norwell, but all they did was run the ball more often and upgrade the running back. The line still wasnt very good and the efficiency numbers werent there either. Their rushing dvoa was 12th and their passing dvoa was 15th.

with the Giants sitting at #2 in the waiver wire order ....i'm still half expecting that we can hire somebody after the cuts to 53 that will upgrade the RHS of our bloody line

Only if they're going to play for free. We have something like 800K under the cap.

I don't understand the big deal about going over the cap...whats the penalty?

They should go over the cap...spend on all the best players...have a payroll of 400 million and annihilate every team and win the super bowl every year. Gove out one year deal's worth 20 million and upgrade the following year..keep doing the same going forward

Salary caps are so fucking stupid

They should go over the cap...spend on all the best players...have a payroll of 400 million and annihilate every team and win the super bowl every year. Gove out one year deal's worth 20 million and upgrade the following year..keep doing the same going forward

I don't think you can start the season over the cap. Point of the salary cap is to maintain a level of competitive parity between teams in large markets and small markets. Unfortunately there are some other problems the salary cap creates but that is another thread for another day.

I don't think you can start the season over the cap. Point of the salary cap is to maintain a level of competitive parity between teams in large markets and small markets. Unfortunately there are some other problems the salary cap creates but that is another thread for another day.

there is no such thing as a small market team....small markets don't get professional sports teams.

Now I know you're talking about relevance to other NFL teams...and yes ny is a much larger market than Jacksonville...but Jacksonville is hillbilly central...aka football central

.Friday, Saturday, Sunday is all football in places like Jacksonville.

So, the NASCAR watching, trailer park living, non dentist going people of Jacksonville spend money on football football football...kind of evens things out.

That would ruin the game as we know it.

Yeah, the only reason the NFL is interesting is the parity.

What they shouldn't have capped was how much players could voluntarily practice at team facilities during the offseason.

I believe it was the NFLPA who pushed that, the players didnt want to be around in the off season as much.

I think if they are a rookie they should be able to spend as much time at the facilities as they want, fuck let them live there 24/7.

They did push for that, against the wishes of some of their more notable players.

A majority of lesser players wanted to put a limit on how good the more dedicated players could get. In my view it reads like horrendous people making horrendous decisions.

…...

Back to the subject of Hernandez, check out the two clips at the top of this article.... motherfucker is dominating. Check out what he does to Leonard Williams in pass pro in particular.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/8/25/17781426/rookie-stock-report-card-how-giants-rookies-played-vs-jets-will-hernandez-bj-hill-grant-haley

They did push for that, against the wishes of some of their more notable players.

A majority of lesser players wanted to put a limit on how good the more dedicated players could get. In my view it reads like horrendous people making horrendous decisions.

Back to the subject of Hernandez, check out the two clips at the top of this article.... motherfucker is dominating. Check out what he does to Leonard Williams in pass pro in particular.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/8/25/17781426/rookie-stock-report-card-how-giants-rookies-played-vs-jets-will-hernandez-bj-hill-grant-haley

Good read... thanks NSA