SportsWrath

KR/PR

Storm

Beckham and Barkley were both game changers on punt returns in college. Its real simple. Use guys that can win games for you or use scrubs who fumble your chances away. KC puts Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt all over the field and it wins them games.

Oh...I get the reasoning and even agree with it to an extent. Same situation in a Super Bowl or even a NFC Championship...yeah....put them both back as twin safeties.

First game of the year....so they can field a punt cleanly (I mean that is why this is even a question)..... so Eli can toss a low percentage Hail Mary ....assuming Flowers doesn't take his knees out falling backwards when he gets run over for the 12th time that day...is a high risk, low reward proposition.

Hill and Hunt are good....but their total multi year contracts.... combined.... aren't equal to what Beckman makes ...guaranteed, for a third of a single season.

If and when they are making half of Odell's money..and they have 70% of that locked up in the guarantee #13 got...I'll bet the farm they aren't going to be shagging punts anymore...well, maybe Hill... but that is also his primary gig before they got him on the field as a slot guy if I recall correctly. I see a lot of KC ball out here.

Anyway...I get it...but I think Management sees this is a business decision as much as anything else.

C. Wagon

Dealing in hypotheticals, you lose because you put the waiver wire scrub back there. I win because Im having Beckham return punts there.

Or, hypothetically, Beckham or Barkley go out there and do the same dumb shit the kid did and we still lose. The issue is the game never should've come down to this one play. We had plenty of opportunities to win and if this kid comes back and wins us a game with a return then this will be forgotten.

Dealing in hypotheticals, you lose because you put the waiver wire scrub back there. I win because Im having Beckham return punts there.

No.. the game was a lot longer than one play... and even if he hadn't muffed it, no guarantee we would have scored a TD.... The came had a few drops...a pick 6... and RT who's incompetent... etc... Shit if you want to blame this on one thing, blame it on Eli throwing the pick 6... he's usually good for 4 of those a year.

No.. the game was a lot longer than one play... and even if he hadn't muffed it, no guarantee we would have scored a TD.... The came had a few drops...a pick 6... and RT who's incompetent... etc... Shit if you want to blame this on one thing, blame it on Eli throwing the pick 6... he's usually good for 4 of those a year.

Ok Skip. Or considering the conversation today... ok Shannon.

Drops back, has to immediately avoid a painful death, throws pass, pass gets batted and magically falls right to Myles Jack... but it's all Eli's fault we lost?

Just read Flowers first read is to block a blitzing linebacker on that play. Cant remember if there was one in the game but isnt that the RBs job? I wondered why he jumped inside so fast with the DE cutting around his outside shoulder.

Ok Skip. Or considering the conversation today... ok Shannon.

Drops back, has to immediately avoid a painful death, throws pass, pass gets batted and magically falls right to Myles Jack... but it's all Eli's fault we lost?

Isn't it weird picks 6s happen to Eli more than any QB I can think of? How about avoiding death and throws ball away instead of gambling?

btw very funny bringing up Skip and Shannon... :laugh:

Isn't it weird picks 6s happen to Eli more than any QB I can think of? How about avoiding death and throws ball away instead of gambling?

btw very funny bringing up Skip and Shannon... :laugh:

Fwiw he had a WR open he just will always have that Favre mentality to try and make a play when shit is falling apart.

Those 2 were killing me yesterday.

You dont even need to block on a PR actually, just fair catch it or let it sail into the endzone.

It still all comes back to just catch the fucking ball first.

And dude was playing with fire all game not calling for fair catch when dudes were inches from him.