SportsWrath

thats Daisuke era and whip...bwhahahahahaha.....at least we knew our Jap pitcher was going to blow.....but he did beat the Yankees 2 times...10 er in 13 IP against them...he's as much as a Yankee killer as Josh Blister....oh yeah...the sox are paying 57 million dollars this year for a guy with those numbers....he must be giving sox fans the BBlues.

Here's a question, fool, have you watched any games or have you just looked at his ERA and WHIP and said "He's a bust" in order to mock Red Sox fans? It's a fucking month into the season...wanna talk about busts? How about the best hitting prospect in the game, Alex Gordon, hitting .167? How about Mr. Philip Hughes pitching a stinker and then getting injured? And don't give me bullshit about him pitching a no-hitter through six, that means nothing when you can't stay on the field. How about Kei Igawa who just gave up 8 ER in 4 innings against the Mariners...y'know, the same ones that knocked Daisuke around. God dammit, a single month doesn't tell you shit and you know that.

Okay, let's play a little game of guess the pitcher.

Pitcher A: 3-2, 38 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 15 BB, .241 BAA

Pitcher B: 1-1, 36 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 17 BB, .257 BAA

As you may have guessed, Pitcher A is Daisuke Matsuzaka with a 5.45 ERA and 1.32 WHIP (no idea where you got 1.40) and 39 Ks in 38 innings (and that includes his 1 strikeout game last night) and Pitcher B is Andy Pettite, your very own ace, who has a 3.00 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP and 23 Ks in 36 innings. League average WHIP is 1.37, for reference sake. Clearly Matsuzaka should have the superior statistics but he has a bit of trouble pitching with men on base, especially with RISP in which batters are hitting him at a .297 clip.

Daisuke has been amazing at times and at others he's, dare I say it, been a bit of a disappointment. He has this problem with big innings and is control hasn't been nearly as good as I expected it to be in the early going. But remember, US prospects come up through college and the minor leagues and know the strike zone, Matsuzaka has to get used to an entirely new one. Just give the guy time, he's clearly going to be better than the fat toad and the 103 million we've invested in him, including a Red Sox victory over Boras, will be worth a lot more than the 45 million you invested in Kei Igawa. Here, let's play another game...guess who Pitcher C is.

Pitcher A: 3-2, 38 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 15 BB, .241 BAA

Pitcher B: 1-1, 36 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 17 BB, .257 BAA

Pitcher C: 2-1, 30.2 IP, 35 H, 8 HR, 14 BB, X BAA

Of course, Pitcher C is Kei Igawa who now has a 7.63 ERA with 21 Ks.

Maybe he's just out of shape and they need to fire the conditioning coach. After all, grown men making millions of dollars shouldn't be expected to stay in shape on their own, should they?

Seriously, I'd be more concerned if he was getting tattooed. It's all a control issue at this point. He's got the talent.

Pitcher D: 5-0, 33.3 IP, 18H, 2HR, 18BB, .179 BAA.

He is only getting paid 391,000K too and was the NL pitcher of the month,

we didn't expect this out of John Maine and right now would be the top pitcher for the

Yankees and the 2nd starter on the Red Sox.

In the end, John Maine owns all.

Oh yeah, his WHIP is 1.07.

And has 37 Strikeouts. :worshippy:

Annnnnd, just for shits and giggles.

Pitcher E: 3-2, 29 IP, 26H, 2HR, 36Ks, 10BB, 1.24 WHIP and a 2.32 ERA with a .232 BAA.

He is Oliver Perez, ya know the guy who would pitch and walk to a blind guy, not anymore,

the guy is a strike out machine and thank God Pittsburgh couldn't fix him because we got a

steal in him. For all the flak Rick Peterson catches, he has turned around Perez, who's jump

over the foul line is getting higher and higher.

Again, he'd be the number 1 starter on the Yankees (if Ron Guidry could fix him :lol") and

he would be the 2nd starter on the Red Sox.

These two guys I wrote about were just throw-ins for their respective trades. I don't think any

Mets fan expected Maine and Perez to be this good after one month (even after Perez bad 2nd start, still doesn't compare

to Kei Igawa's dogshit performances this year) of the season.

And to the guys in the Bronx, you better watch your back cause the kids from Queens

are coming. :flex:

Pitcher E: 3-2, 29 IP, 26H, 2HR, 36Ks, 10BB, 1.24 WHIP and a 2.32 ERA with a .232 BAA.

He is Oliver Perez, ya know the guy who would pitch and walk to a blind guy, not anymore,

the guy is a strike out machine and thank God Pittsburgh couldn't fix him because we got a

steal in him. For all the flak Rick Peterson catches, he has turned around Perez, who's jump

over the foul line is getting higher and higher.

Again, he'd be the number 1 starter on the Yankees (if Ron Guidry could fix him :lol") and

he would be the 2nd starter on the Red Sox.

Actually, if you want to use their performance from the first month of the season as the criteria (and I don't know why you would), he'd probably be the 3rd starter on the Sox behind Beckett and Wakefield. That's not even taking into account the fact that he pitches in the Minor, er, I mean National League, or that he hasn't faced a lineup even close to that of the Yankees, who Matsuzaka has already faced twice. Realistically, he'd be a nice 4th starter for us.

Maybe he's just out of shape and they need to fire the conditioning coach. After all, grown men making millions of dollars shouldn't be expected to stay in shape on their own, should they?

Seriously, I'd be more concerned if he was getting tattooed. It's all a control issue at this point. He's got the talent.

It's seems slightly mental too, which is a surprise because this guy has shown a lot of poise at times. They talked about him on Baseball Tonight and said that he's rushing from the stretch position, throwing at about 1.8 seconds compared to 4.6 seconds in his windup. I think he'll be fine.

Pitcher A: 3-2, 38 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 39 Ks, 15 BB, .241 BAA

Pitcher B: 1-1, 36 IP, 35 H, 2 HR, 17 BB, 23 Ks, .257 BAA

Pitcher C: 2-1, 30.2 IP, 35 H, 8 HR, 21 Ks, 14 BB, .278 BAA

Pitcher D: 5-0, 33.3 IP, 18 H, 2 HR, 37 K, 18 BB, .179 BAA

Pitcher E: 3-2, 29 IP, 26 H, 2HR, 36 Ks, 10BB, .232 BAA

Pitcher F: 6-0, 39.2 IP, 33 H, 1 HR, 35 Ks, 9 BB, .219 BAA

Pitcher A: Daisuke Matsuzaka 5.45 ERA, 1.32 WHIP

Pitcher B: Andy Pettite 3.00 ERA, 1.44 WHIP

Pitcher C: Kei Igawa 7.63 ERA, 1.60 WHIP

Pitcher D: John Maine 1.37 ERA, 1.07 WHIP

Pitcher E: Oliver Perez 2.32 ERA, 1.24 WHIP

Pitcher F: Josh Beckett 2.72 ERA, 1.06 WHIP

Actually, if you want to use their performance from the first month of the season as the criteria (and I don't know why you would), he'd probably be the 3rd starter on the Sox behind Beckett and Wakefield. That's not even taking into account the fact that he pitches in the Minor, er, I mean National League, or that he hasn't faced a lineup even close to that of the Yankees, who Matsuzaka has already faced twice. Realistically, he'd be a nice 4th starter for us.

You mean the Minor Leagues who won the world series last year? :rolleyes:

Come one Lorf, I expect that from a stupid fan, not you.

Looking at those numbers, John Maine would probably be the number 1 starter.

I didn't even say that! It was Mickeef!

And the NL does have some of the best fucking hitters in the game. I've never figured out why they're losing all these All Star games. I take pride in my knowledge of the NL and it annoys the fuck out of me when people only have knowledge about their own league.

I didn't even say that! It was Mickeef!

And the NL does have some of the best fucking hitters in the game. I've never figured out why they're losing all these All Star games. I take pride in my knowledge of the NL and it annoys the fuck out of me when people only have knowledge about their own league.

Ah, my bad dude.

So Mickeef, the NL is inferior? Tell me which league and which team

won the World Series last year? As much as it pains me to say it,

the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series that I refused to watch because

I believed the Mets should have been there.

And don't give me the crap about Interleague records, the only interleague

series that matters is the one in late October.

And Lorf, the NL keeps losing All-Star Games because of boneheaded managerial

decisions. Last year it was basically the Mets vs The AL because Carlos Beltran scored the first run

and David Wright hit a solo shot. We can thank Phil Garner for pulling David Wright for Miguel Cabrera, who

is a great hitter, but loafs and is starting to pack on the pounds. Why you don't add a hard throwing lefty closer **COUGH

Billy Wagner**COUGH to the team is mind boggling.

...and you got it from a stupid fan. :clap:

...and you got it from a stupid fan. :clap:

I seriously thought it was Lorf who said it, I must have just skimmed the thread

and missed who wrote it. But saying that is just so utter ignorant and coming

from a fan who's team finished in 3rd place last year, behind the Yankees and

Blue Jays.

So Mickeef, the NL is inferior? Tell me which league and which team

won the World Series last year? As much as it pains me to say it,

the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series that I refused to watch because

I believed the Mets should have been there.

And don't give me the crap about Interleague records, the only interleague

series that matters is the one in late October.

You're right, the only thing that matters is winning it all. The team that wins it all has bragging rights over everybody else for the next year. However, how do you figure that makes their league better? You're gonna take one series between two teams at the end of the year and use it as your basis for which league is better? Uh, okay. Hope you're not taking statistics in college. The Cards were probably the worst team to ever win a World Series. Anyway, I'll use the numerous interleague games played (the AL dominated) and the list of pitchers who struggle in the AL and suddenly find new life in the NL, and vice versa. I don't think there's much of a debate in baseball circles these days about which league is better.

You're gonna take one series between two teams at the end of the year and use it as your basis for which league is better?

That's how it was done before 1997, interleague is just for the fans, media and so the MLB

can make more money. If it were up to me, I'd abolish interleague play and let the teams play

more teams within the division.

I seriously thought it was Lorf who said it, I must have just skimmed the thread

and missed who wrote it. But saying that is just so utter ignorant and coming

from a fan who's team finished in 3rd place last year, behind the Yankees and

Blue Jays.

Seriously, man, seriously. I'd think that your shock at the possibility of me making such a statement would at least make you second guess if it was me.

Seriously, man, seriously. I'd think that your shock at the possibility of me making such a statement would at least make you second guess if it was me.

Again, like I said I didn't read through the whole thread, I shouldn't assume. :brooding:

Again, like I said I didn't read through the whole thread, I shouldn't assume. :brooding:

Haha, sorry about that. You've already eaten your humble pie, I don't need to shove your face into it.