SportsWrath

I was at the game today

RandolphScott

This year's defense is so much better than last year's...and that's scary.

Justin Tuck is a motherfucking beat out there, this dude cannot be stopped

at all. Kiwi was another guy who just got constant pressure out there today.

What was our achillies heal I believe is now a strength. Webster is playing at a

Pro Bowl level, Ross is improving after that rough stretch....James Butler is playing awesomness.

Michael Johnson, Kenny Phillips. This is a great defense.

Our defense looks good and statistically is better than last year.

Webster is a great corner, but I think the rest of the secondary lives and dies with our pass rush.

Our pass rush would make many a backfield look good.

did phillips play a lot? i hardly saw him.

Yes, especially after Butler went out with an injury. I didn't really notice him

around the ball though...our defense was swarming today.

BTW...has anybody heard anything on Butler and Thomas. Who looked REALLY

good today..I don't think he gave up a catch.

I said at the beginning of the year that M Johnson should be starting. With him playing well, and Butler finally playing well,

this D is kicking ass.

Think of the value we got out of the 7th round last year with Bradshaw and Johnson. Amazing, even if they didn't do another thing the rest of their careers it was good value. Johnson is having a solid season.

Butler is much improved, I think it has a lot to do with what's around him, he's been good at run defense all along, but his overall play is catching up.

I think Webster has played at pro bowl level all season. He hasn't been thrown to because he's covered well and has developed a nose for the ball. I don't think he'll make the pro bowl though, I think he needs at least this year to cover the stink from his first 2 seasons though.

Robbins/Tuck and Kiwi are all making pro bowl cases, but don't forget the 4th guy here, because Cofield is easily having his best season yet. He's doing all the grunt work out there, making the holes for the blitz and playing stout against the run.

Think about this for one second, on any day McQuarters/Madison and Jerome McDougle can all be healthy scratches. That's amazing depth to have. Not to mention Sammy Knight is getting no time on the field with the development of Phillips.

Add to all that, Blackburn Who I dismissed, Tollefson, Clark and Dockery have all been solid this year. Kuel is showing that he's capable of starting (he's been much better than Wilkerson). And furthermore, guys like DeOssie and Goff are getting no time out there, none. That would never happen on another team in the league.

And no Osi....you have to wonder what he's thinking now. Because this team is now going to be under huge pressure to lock up Kiwi.

Think of the value we got out of the 7th round last year with Bradshaw and Johnson. Amazing, even if they didn't do another thing the rest of their careers it was good value. Johnson is having a solid season.

Butler is much improved, I think it has a lot to do with what's around him, he's been good at run defense all along, but his overall play is catching up.

I think Webster has played at pro bowl level all season. He hasn't been thrown to because he's covered well and has developed a nose for the ball. I don't think he'll make the pro bowl though, I think he needs at least this year to cover the stink from his first 2 seasons though.

Robbins/Tuck and Kiwi are all making pro bowl cases, but don't forget the 4th guy here, because Cofield is easily having his best season yet. He's doing all the grunt work out there, making the holes for the blitz and playing stout against the run.

Think about this for one second, on any day McQuarters/Madison and Jerome McDougle can all be healthy scratches. That's amazing depth to have. Not to mention Sammy Knight is getting no time on the field with the development of Phillips.

Add to all that, Blackburn Who I dismissed, Tollefson, Clark and Dockery have all been solid this year. Kuel is showing that he's capable of starting (he's been much better than Wilkerson). And furthermore, guys like DeOssie and Goff are getting no time out there, none. That would never happen on another team in the league.

And no Osi....you have to wonder what he's thinking now. Because this team is now going to be under huge pressure to lock up Kiwi.

Very good points boohyah. I was just pondering all that when I 1st walked into work this morning. With all the injury talk with the cowboys, people dont acknowledge that we lost alot too. Shockey, (who played well against div foes), Strahan, Osi, Gibril, Plax not doin shit out there its almost like he's absent, and lets not forget Wilkinson. He may not be as significant, but he was a starter and a rookie is in his place. We've had signifcant losses too, its just that we have amazing depth.

If Robbins and Snee don't make the pro bowl this yr, Im picketing. :brooding:

Very good points boohyah. I was just pondering all that when I 1st walked into work this morning. With all the injury talk with the cowboys, people dont acknowledge that we lost alot too. Shockey, (who played well against div foes), Strahan, Osi, Gibril, Plax not doin shit out there its almost like he's absent, and lets not forget Wilkinson. He may not be as significant, but he was a starter and a rookie is in his place. We've had signifcant losses too, its just that we have amazing depth.

We didn't lose Shockey..we traded him. A steal too.

While Plax may not be playing very well right now, he still is commanding double teams.

I saw that on almost every play the Cowboys had a safety over the top on him at all times.

While Plax may not be playing very well right now, he still is commanding double teams.

I saw that on almost every play the Cowboys had a safety over the top on him at all times.

I mean he's no longer with us, Shockey. It was considered a huge loss by many. And you're right about Plax, that's stretching on my part. But he is getting shut down so I mentioned it.

Agreed.

Now if we can just get Eli to stop throwing it into double cov.

If Robbins and Snee don't make the pro bowl this yr, Im picketing. :brooding:

Kawika Mitchell's play last year was as a significant departure from this year's team and we haven't replaced it yet, but perhaps it is coming.

Don't be surprised if either of those guys don't make the pro bowl. They are not "sexy" picks at all, however like it or not, when guys like Aikman keep touting them as pro bowlers, it does go a long way. Aikman's promoting O'Hara and Snee in yesterdays game was a big lift.

Right now, the only guys I see at certs for the probowl are:

Eli: (Drew Brees will be the starter, but then it's going to be McNabb and Eli)

Tuck: There's no question that he'll get in. He's feared in the league and his name is out there. They'll make sure he gets in.

Who should get in based on performance:

Jacobs: His stats will hurt, and he's got Portis and Anderson in front of him, but few have been better this year. Plus the league will want him there if nothing else, for the aura about his size. Michael Turner may knock him out also.

Hedgecock: I know, sounds crazy, but there's a spot for full back and Hedgecock is the man.

Snee: Running game goes through Snee and we have the best running game in the NFC, nuff said.

Smith: Again, call me crazy, but who in the NFC right now moves the chains like Smith, no-one.

Kiwi: Honestly, I can't see it happening, but who plays linebcaker for a year, comes back and plays end like he has. He's also getting better as the season goes on.

Robbins: Simply put having his best season and absolutely killing guards this year. It wouldn't be right if he didn't get in.

Webster: It won't happen because of his history, but teams are recognizing his improvement out there and that he's a risk to throw to.

Carney: 3rd crazy pick, but again, he's missed one field goal all season. Won't happen though.

That said, pro bowl is a popularity contest and then you have shit like they are doing in DC where Snyder is actively promoting his guys for selection an in Dallas they do the same shit. How do explain 13 guys?

I mean he's no longer with us, Shockey. It was considered a huge loss by many. And you're right about Plax, that's stretching on my part. But he is getting shut down so I mentioned it.

I loved Shockey too, but let's face it. Giants fans are now rallying for Boss to do the job and he's played better the last 2 weeks. Shockey is fading from the memory.

I loved Shockey too, but let's face it. Giants fans are now rallying for Boss to do the job and he's played better the last 2 weeks. Shockey is fading from the memory.

Oh I agree. Im just saying that he was considered a loss. I love Boss, and what he's becoming, but alot of us thought it would be a glaring weakness. Hindsight is 20/20, ya know? But most of us cinsidered Shockey to be a big loss. And I forgot about Kawika, good point.

And there weren't too many idiotic Dallas fans where I was sitting. Although at half time when I was

online to take a leak some douche Dallas fan said "I'm a fan of America's team..I do what I want." to which

I promptly told him to shut up and asked him "where can I get a shirt that says I haven't won a playoff game in

12 years?" He left without saying a word.

Another gem was when my uncle and I were waiting online to go back to the Port Authority. He sees

some guy in a Drew Pearson jersey and my uncle said "hey look everybody..Drew Pearson is at the game,

Dallas could have used you again." The douche though he mispronounced his name and said "Nah..its Pearson kid."

I told him "gee thanks professor..we all know you got that jersey last week, go away."

He tried to have a comeback, but it was futile.

Some women told my uncle to shut the fuck up yesterday because we and a bunch of other guys kept

singing "Mama don't let your kiddies grow up to be Cowboys."

Stupid bitch.

And there weren't too many idiotic Dallas fans where I was sitting. Although at half time when I was

online to take a leak some douche Dallas fan said "I'm a fan of America's team..I do what I want." to which

I promptly told him to shut up and asked him "where can I get a shirt that says I haven't won a playoff game in

12 years?" He left without saying a word.

Another gem was when my uncle and I were waiting online to go back to the Port Authority. He sees

some guy in a Drew Pearson jersey and my uncle said "hey look everybody..Drew Pearson is at the game,

Dallas could have used you again." The douche though he mispronounced his name and said "Nah..its Pearson kid."

I told him "gee thanks professor..we all know you got that jersey last week, go away."

He tried to have a comeback, but it was futile.

Some women told my uncle to shut the fuck up yesterday because we and a bunch of other guys kept

singing "Mama don't let your kiddies grow up to be Cowboys."

Stupid bitch.

In OUR stadium?? :huh: They both would have gotten knocked the fuck out.