SportsWrath

Sooo Eli to the Jags?

BlueInCanada

Odds are our next qb will be able to move. Im really looking forward to not being at the mercy of the o-line

A mobile qb can extend plys/drives which wears down opposing defenses and keeps our defense fresh.

Giants fans are in complete denial. The fan base of the entire league gets it; Giants fans do not. Manning is 100% done. He is holding this team back.

It's less about "denial" and more about the flavor of the week QB being the "QB THE GIANTS NEEDS TO GET"

Everyone knows Eli's done.

No one wants Fitz or Winston to start for the team in his place.

If you don't know why people dont want either of those guys to start, I'm sorry I can't help you see shitty QB play outside of Eli apparently.

I don't know guys. Obviously, Eli looks helpless out there. Any QB is going to get demolished behind this offensive line. Why risk a rookie though or even giving up a draft pick for a backup. It's too bad about Eli.

Yeah Eli is #2 in the NFL for getting sacked, I think #1 in hurries and pressure(s).

No QB is going to do well in it, just none are.

However if the FO thinks that the next franchise QB is there, they should take him, then do everything they can to trade back up and get a couple higher ranked Oline players.

Since the cap is still hell for another year they need to build from the draft going into 2019.

Giants fans are in complete denial. The fan base of the entire league gets it; Giants fans do not. Manning is 100% done. He is holding this team back.

No one is arguing Manning being done... its the list of deplorables you think of as adequate replacement.

I don't know guys. Obviously, Eli looks helpless out there. Any QB is going to get demolished behind this offensive line. Why risk a rookie though or even giving up a draft pick for a backup. It's too bad about Eli.

Correct thats why rookie will only see the field when the OL is respectable....

Of course Eli is to blame. He isn't the only one though. I can count 5 others in addition who are to blame. I do agree that his time is coming to an end in NY though. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere else, with a half decent line. Where he can get more than two seconds to throw.

It's less about "denial" and more about the flavor of the week QB being the "QB THE GIANTS NEEDS TO GET"

Everyone knows Eli's done.

No one wants Fitz or Winston to start for the team in his place.

If you don't know why people dont want either of those guys to start, I'm sorry I can't help you see shitty QB play outside of Eli apparently.

Shitty QB play? The man has thrown 7 touchdown passes. It doesnt get shittier.

Fitzpatrick has almost thrown for more touchdowns than Manning in a single game. And Winston is much younger and much more mobile. These guys are both upgrades over Manning. And I know that the common refrain is that no one can succeed with a poor offensive line. But its not true, QBs are regularly successful with poor offensive lines. Manning isnt the only quarterback that faces a pass rush every week. He is, however, one of the only ones that cant score any points.

Of course Eli is to blame. He isn't the only one though. I can count 5 others in addition who are to blame. I do agree that his time is coming to an end in NY though. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere else, with a half decent line. Where he can get more than two seconds to throw.

Who would start Manning over their current quarterback? I honestly cant think of a single team that is in a worse QB situation than the Giants. And they REFUSE to try anything else. Other franchises dont do this. But since Giants fans are ridiculous and will throw a hissy fit, theyll let the franchise continue to flounder.

I think though that at this point, even if you trade for a quality QB it's not like it'll make a difference this year. The Fitzpatricks, Bridgewaters, Bradfords, etc. of the league might be available on the free agent market in the Spring. Not sense in wasting a draft pick on a lost season.

Shitty QB play? The man has thrown 7 touchdown passes. It doesnt get shittier.

Sure it could.

Who would start Manning over their current quarterback? I honestly cant think of a single team that is in a worse QB situation than the Giants. And they REFUSE to try anything else. Other franchises dont do this. But since Giants fans are ridiculous and will throw a hissy fit, theyll let the franchise continue to flounder.

Literally, none of this is true lol

Fans are pretty well moved on from everything I've read, they have been since week 5 or 6 when the season was in the bag.

The Giants are talking about making a switch after the bye.

So outside of using valuable draft stock since the Giants have no cap room what should the Giants do?

Trade a second round pick for a guy like Cousins?

Fitzpatrick has almost thrown for more touchdowns than Manning in a single game. And Winston is much younger and much more mobile. These guys are both upgrades over Manning. And I know that the common refrain is that no one can succeed with a poor offensive line. But its not true, QBs are regularly successful with poor offensive lines. Manning isnt the only quarterback that faces a pass rush every week. He is, however, one of the only ones that cant score any points.

QBs can play thru poor QB line play, look at Brees.

But there's a difference between "poor" and the absolute worse.

The Giants have the 32nd ranked pass blocking Oline in the NFL.

You show me a successful QB with the 32nd ranked Oline lol

Point out one team that would even consider starting Manning over who they have or who they will have when they come back from injury.

The Giants fans are the problem here, interesting. Anyone here work in the front office or coach the team?. C'mon fess up.

I know, you're going to point out last season. Mind you every former teammate came to his defense, guys who played with him. But you know better than all of them right?

Point out one team that would even consider starting Manning over who they have or who they will have when they come back from injury.

You seem to forget what Eli has meant to the franchise and the fans since he was drafted.... were not going to shit on the guy because age has finally caught up with him and his line sucks donkey balls.... the man has earned his stripes and deserves a respectable send-off.

You seem to forget what Eli has meant to the franchise and the fans since he was drafted.... were not going to shit on the guy because age has finally caught up with him and his line sucks donkey balls.... the man has earned his stripes and deserves a respectable send-off.

That's why I do not see a major change this year. Yes, I think they will look at the rookie, but Eli has earned it, even if we don't win another game.

The Giants fans are the problem here, interesting. Anyone here work in the front office or coach the team?. C'mon fess up.

I know, you're going to point out last season. Mind you every former teammate came to his defense, guys who played with him. But you know better than all of them right?

You mean like David Diehl who has been retired for like 5 years? Yeah, just another example of someone who refuses to accept reality and would rather assert that its always everyone elses shortcomings and not the inherently prohibitive contract and disproportionate production that Manning provides that is the root of all the recent Giants struggles.