SportsWrath

Eli going under the knife today - will miss at least 6 weeks

BleedinBlue

Most of them are punks about going under the knife and prefer to "rehab" the issue...on advice from agents or buddies. Plus at the end of the season they are just trying to let their bodies get back to equilibrium a little bit first. He is pretty much a statue back there anyway so he should be ready to go...its not up there with JPP's back surgery five minutes before the pre-season started. :D

Most of them are punks about going under the knife and prefer to "rehab" the issue...on advice from agents or buddies. Plus at the end of the season they are just trying to let their bodies get back to equilibrium a little bit first. He is pretty much a statue back there anyway so he should be ready to go...its not up there with JPP's back surgery five minutes before the pre-season started. :D

Good points. Maybe the coaches will allow the two backups to get more field time this year before the season starts and find out which one is a keeper and which one joins the unemployment line.

Good points. Maybe the coaches will allow the two backups to get more field time this year before the season starts and find out which one is a keeper and which one joins the unemployment line.

Yeah...one can only hope... Maybe MacAdoo can fix things...

ESPN reporting that Eli is going into surgery today to fix and ongoing issue with his ankle.

Why do players wait until long after the season to get surgery?????

He was trying "organic rememdies" to possibly avoid the surgery, but apparently the snake oil and beaver spit didn't work? :laugh:

..........he probably injured it during one of those pathetic meaningless games in week 16/17 when he should have been on the bench whilst we saw a bit of Nassib !

Actually, he injured in the last game of the season against the Redskins - a completely meaningless game. We had to win that game in order to move back a couple of spots in the draft order. After Eli got hurt, he stayed in the game. It's been a problem ever since, but he thought it would go away through rehab.

I don't mind that they gave Eli the start given his streak and even giving him a half in the meaningless games...but I also believe that NFL experience in real games is extremely valuable and that getting Nassib some of that could only be a good thing for both Nassib and the organization.

I don't mind that they gave Eli the start given his streak and even giving him a half in the meaningless games...but I also believe that NFL experience in real games is extremely valuable and that getting Nassib some of that could only be a good thing for both Nassib and the organization.

My view exactly!

Nassib is going to make mistakes as he adjusts to the learning curve. But you gotta let him get out there and make those mistakes. And what better time than a meaningless game to see how he acts under the NFL spotlight.

On the other hand....with that porous front line, he might have gotten beat up so badly that he turns into David Carr - the most gun-shy, skittish QB in history thanks to eating turf 2 out of 3 times he touched the ball.

My view exactly!

Nassib is going to make mistakes as he adjusts to the learning curve. But you gotta let him get out there and make those mistakes. And what better time than a meaningless game to see how he acts under the NFL spotlight.

On the other hand....with that porous front line, he might have gotten beat up so badly that he turns into David Carr - the most gun-shy, skittish QB in history thanks to eating turf 2 out of 3 times he touched the ball.

And I'd rather my backup QB take the David Carr treatment than my franchise QB in whom the whole team succeeds or fails.

knowing TC .........we would have probably had to suffer Painter as QB in week 17 if Eli had been on the bench anyway ............why would anyone want to see what Nassib has got .....why did we draft him again I cant remember ?

He was taken because he was by far, the best player on the board. He was ranked as a first round pick and by many analysts, the best QB in the draft. Sitting there in the 4th round was too tempting to pass up. Not to mention, the Eagles wanted a QB and they more than likely would've taken him and the Giants wanted to keep him away from a divisional rival.

I watched Nassib for years in Syracuse. He's a high-cerebral, pocket-style QB with a cannon for an arm. He needs to come up to NFL standards though, which means learning the playbook, reading far more complicated defenses on the fly, etc. He'll be fine if he ever gets the opportunity to see the field.

He was taken because he was by far, the best player on the board. He was ranked as a first round pick and by many analysts, the best QB in the draft. Sitting there in the 4th round was too tempting to pass up. Not to mention, the Eagles wanted a QB and they more than likely would've taken him and the Giants wanted to keep him away from a divisional rival.

I watched Nassib for years in Syracuse. He's a high-cerebral, pocket-style QB with a cannon for an arm. He needs to come up to NFL standards though, which means learning the playbook, reading far more complicated defenses on the fly, etc. He'll be fine if he ever gets the opportunity to see the field.

So we drafted a guy to keep him on the bench even when the situation permits to get him hands on experience?