SportsWrath

Chris Johnson

Bigblue25

This is why we drafted Wilson to be a home run hitter. CJ can at least follow his lead blocker, unlike Wilson who dances in the hole or tries to take it outside for a huge gain.

If Wilson ever had a lead blocker that is.

Or the play wasnt designed for him to be running outside.

If Wilson ever had a lead blocker that is.

Or the play wasnt designed for him to be running outside.

Our FB's have been great lead blockers. I've seen times where he has a hole and inexplicably runs to the outside for a highlight reel that goes nowhere or he will reserve field and by then ten defensive guys will be in the backfield. He did it in college and I knew he was going to drive Coughlin nuts.

Our FB's have been great lead blockers. I've seen times where he has a hole and inexplicably runs to the outside for a highlight reel that goes nowhere or he will reserve field and by then ten defensive guys will be in the backfield. He did it in college and I knew he was going to drive Coughlin nuts.

I would love to actually see the percentage of times Wilson has had a lead blocker because I'm willing to bet it's under 40%

He's either running out of singleback, shotgun or the Gilly schemes up a play where the FB goes one way and Wilson goes the other.

They tried to use Wilson like Barry Sanders, when they should of just given him the inside the tackles.

I would love to actually see the percentage of times Wilson has had a lead blocker because I'm willing to bet it's under 40%

He's either running out of singleback, shotgun or the Gilly schemes up a play where the FB goes one way and Wilson goes the other.

They tried to use Wilson like Barry Sanders, when they should of just given him the inside the tackles.

They did get fancy with some of their play calling for him.

I know the Oline had a -18.9 blocking rate.

They did get fancy with some of their play calling for him.

And I agree that Wilson did try to make something out of nothing at times but I just feel like overall the Giant's coaches hurt him more in the long run by trying to make him into something when it was obvious the O-line couldn't block Jonas Seawright.

At the same time though when you draft a first round RB who is a "home run" hitter type of runner, you should expect him to show flashes of something.

And I agree that Wilson did try to make something out of nothing at times but I just feel like overall the Giant's coaches hurt him more in the long run by trying to make him into something when it was obvious the O-line couldn't block Jonas Seawright.

At the same time though when you draft a first round RB who is a "home run" hitter type of runner, you should expect him to show flashes of something.

He showed a lot of flashes... too bad old man decided to put him in his "dog house"...

It's hard to say he showed flashes. He also only has 115 carries in two years(21 games)

I think he's excelled in the return game, if he does burn out as a RB he will always have a good career as a return guy, plus I do think it was a great pick by Reese.

I mean he's shown that he has top notch speed and agility, it just hasnt come together for him. I know it sometimes takes a season or two for a RB to get their shit together in the NFL, heck Reggie Bush is the best he has ever played and it took him five seasons.

I just feel like he hasnt shown that first round pick material, now granted he has been hurt and this year he has played behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL.

I think if the O-line is as improved as people are saying with the FA signings and probably landing the best O-line we can at pick 12, then we will see Wilson excel, otherwise he will have to prove himself to another coaching regime.

If I'm reading this correctly(Not sure I am), we have 1 person (BlueInCanada) saying that the giants hurt him by playing him too much, and another (Nas) saying the giants hurt him by not playing him enough.

82688_PartnerPlayer_carson-full-mez.jpg

That is some weird, wild stuff.

I would say my point is they mis-used him more then they did anything else.

At the same time it's not like he really showed us what he was good at.

Theoretically, I can understand why they tried to use him the way they did. He was inexperienced and had shown he was best with the ball in space. So they tried to get him the ball in space, it just didn't yield the intended results.

But, it made sense for that to be tried.

I never agreed with the coaching staff's assessment of Wilson. Sure, he has special talent in space, but an NFL running back can't make a living on student body right style sweeps and pitch plays. When he was asked to take it between the tackles, and it was specifically a point of emphasis (see his first preseason for the best examples), I saw a man who runs with power behind his pads and had no trouble getting leverage and taking guys for a ride. I don't understand why they went away from it - he needed to keep getting those grinding reps.