SportsWrath

Eli appreciation thread.

BlueInCanada

BTW our under achieving safety is in his first year in a totally new system. Maybe we could give him a little more then two games before we label him a bust.

After seeing Odells continued ridiculous reactions to being traded, I dont understand how anyone could conclude that he isnt a head case. Never mind all the stupid shit he did while he was with the team. The guy is bat shit crazy.

He's been under achieving for the past two years and was BENCHED in Cleveland and delgated to kick off duties......BENCHED IN CLEVELAND, let that sink in.

Ok so Odell is "bat shit crazy" was he holding out? No, did he show up every week and give it his all? Yes, was he Antonio Brown levels of stupid? No.

The only people who had a problem are all the old fogie football fans who think players should just be mindless drones who should just "Shut up and play" whenever they show anything outside of the norm.

Well I for one would rather we didnt have a WR who would most likely get inside our rookie QBs head and destroy his confidence.

Yeah look how bad Plax (who by all accounts was a head case/cancer) got into Eli's head lol

For fucks sake do people think these football players are snowflakes?

That Jones wouldn't be able to handle Odell, IF, he ever acted up?

Yeah great confidence in our new field general if he cant handle a WR saying he should throw a ball his way more....a top 5 WR.

Those anti Eli folks who claim that the only reason we won those two championships was because of our defense forget that both times, the defense gave up the lead in the 4th quarter, and both times Eli marched the team down the field in the waning minutes of the 4th to retake the lead.

When it counted most...Eli was MONEY.

Those anti Eli folks who claim that the only reason we won those two championships was because of our defense forget that both times, the defense gave up the lead in the 4th quarter, and both times Eli marched the team down the field in the waning minutes of the 4th to retake the lead.

Eli was nothing but HOF during those playoff runs.

Anyone who says otherwise is a tard.

I remember that 04 draft, I wanted the Giants to draft Eli so bad, I talked a lot about it to my brother in law. I was at home watching and when the Chargers drafted him I was pissed. I joined the Giants message board that November after lurking for a few months. That first year, Eli was fuckign abysmal, the Ravens game was a nightmare and that was probably the closest I was to thinking maybe he didn't have the Manning magic. Then he had a great game against, I think, the Steelers.

Those playoff runs man, maybe Eli wasn't Payton where for a decade he was nearly perfect, but those two playoff runs were magic. And as much as he seemed to struggle the first few years, he had so many 4th quarter comebacks.

Its ridiculous when people say that about the second championship especially. The passing game was our biggest strength that year

Its ridiculous when people say that about the second championship especially. The passing game was our biggest strength that year

didnt theu drop 40 on the packers in the playoffs in a game where the fix was in? Should have been 60- 6 giants. Refs really tried to give the game to the packers

didnt theu drop 40 on the packers in the playoffs in a game where the fix was in? Should have been 60- 6 giants. Refs really tried to give the game to the packers

Yeah, 37.

Packers were gifted two touchdown drives because of terrible penalties.

Refs also blew a fumble call