SportsWrath

The good, the bad, and the Eli.

BlueInCanada

Also, why they fuck can't we score? 470 yards of offense and only 17 points? The Cowboys only had 24 more yards than us. Always the same shit.

At least part of it was the dogshit-awful calls and non-calls from the refs down at that end of the field.

Definitely not the reason we lost... but definitely the reason there weren't more points on the board.

The Good:

Eli

The O-line

Saquon

Evan Anagram

The Bad:

More or less the entire defense.

WRs

Personnel/Playcalling (Barkley should be getting the ball like 50% of the time inside the 30).

The Ugly:

Antonio Hamilton

People who thought the Giants were going to be competitive in this game

Pugs

The color Brown.

At least part of it was the dogshit-awful calls and non-calls from the refs down at that end of the field.

Definitely not the reason we lost... but definitely the reason there weren't more points on the board.

True.

Officiating was weird yesterday. Not many obviously wrong calls, except for the tackle on Shepard in the end zone, which was one of the more bizarre no calls I can recall.

I'll grant the possibility that they got the call right, and the 'tackle all WRs when the QB leaves the pocket' technique is woefully underutilized.

In related news, trading Eli Apple and not signing a FA replacement looks like another dumb DG move.

I have no problem with trading Apple, he's getting beaten like a drum against the Texans.

However putting your faith in a CB core with three rookies was kinda a dumb move.

I expected Barkley to get a light load.... he was in camp, but got no carries in the preseason.

Note, first touch = first career fumble.

Still... 11 carries is bullshit... especially since we needed the Cowboys to load the box to stop him.. .

Still... 11 carries is bullshit... especially since we needed the Cowboys to load the box to stop him.. .

what was crazy to me was of all the critical short yardage plays, Barkley was ignored... classic case of outsmarting ourselves.

Got to put other stuff on film, I get that, but our OL was solid and Barkley is amazing.... most likely all that was necessary was to line up, point out where the play is going to the defense for effect, then impose your will.

what was crazy to me was of all the critical short yardage plays, Barkley was ignored... classic case of outsmarting ourselves.

Got to put other stuff on film, I get that, but our OL was solid and Barkley is amazing.... most likely all that was necessary was to line up, point out where the play is going to the defense for effect, then impose your will.

That was very much my thought too in short yardage, why is it not the Saquon show, the guy can turn one decent block into 3+ yards every time

oh and I don't think it had been mentioned enough, but Halapio was a man out there on Sunday.

All the more reason why I was like, wtf are we doing in short yardage? Halapio was wrecking motherfuckers.

Yeah he's been fucking crazy out there.

Dude is a real.

I was excited for him last year before the injury.

Honestly Getty has done a great job rebuilding the Oline.

Hopefully the secondary turns out the same way in a year or two.

I expected Barkley to get a light load.... he was in camp, but got no carries in the preseason.

Note, first touch = first career fumble.

I don't put the fumble on Barkley at all, that ball went straight into the helmet of Woods, nothing Barkley could of done.

Besides a "light load" would of been 15 to 20 touches.

I know the Giants were playing catch up most of the game, but seriously he had 11 carries and 100+ yards, I don't care if your worried about his work load you ride that player to victory.

oh and I don't think it had been mentioned enough, but Halapio was a man out there on Sunday.

All the more reason why I was like, wtf are we doing in short yardage? Halapio was wrecking motherfuckers.

You mean manhandling niggaz?

Kareem Martin got hurt, has a knee injury and could be out for weeks... I'm still wondering why is he still on the roster. I understand bringing in Martin last year because it was Bettcher's first season but he did very little on the field for the team last year and I don't expect those numbers to improve. To be perfectly honest, a lot of these Bettcher players from Arizona have done very little. We signed Cardinal backups and they're still on the roster! Worst yet, we signed more of them in year two.

I'm not going to panic over one game and I expect a dramatic improvement against the Bills. The secondary cannot remain this lost on the field.

Our pass rush is saved, we got the Skipper!

Huge long shot, but this move does have kind of a Cameron Wake feel to it. If I recall correctly, the Giants lost him to Miami in a similar waiver transaction.

Read acouple write up about 'Skip.

Sounds like an OX type player, boom of bust pass rusher type of thing.

Our pass rush is saved, we got the Skipper!

Huge long shot, but this move does have kind of a Cameron Wake feel to it. If I recall correctly, the Giants lost him to Miami in a similar waiver transaction.

Yeah thats what happened with Wake but I think we might have simply released him.