SportsWrath

Mike Shula Sucks

Lughead

If we're out of this by week 11, with the same inept offensive play, I'd be open to starting Lauletta the last 6 games. Might as well. Even with the horrendous offensive line, he at least has mobility to make up for some of it.

If Webb was on the team still I would be getting close to the bench Eli bus... but I do not know Lauletta did not really show much in the preseason. BUT I guess if the team is 3-8 why not?

The Texans game should have been an inspiring and confidence boosting momentum swing. For a good team with an established head coach, it would have been. These guys on this Giants team are losers. And the head coach and OC cluelessly decided not to at least attempt to replicate the week 3 playcalling.

If Webb was on the team still I would be getting close to the bench Eli bus... but I do not know Lauletta did not really show much in the preseason. BUT I guess if the team is 3-8 why not?

Boom!!! and that's what pissed me off about letting Webb go... he has more experience than the two we have back there and the fucker can sling it...

Eli gets killed for years for having too many interceptions. After 4 games this year he has 1. So the flip side is now hes afraid to risk it. Give me a fucking break. Better still give him one.

So youre saying the options are throwing interceptions or always checking down and not targeting people down field? Its laughable that the Giants havent scored 30 points or more in over 3 years. Even bad teams do that fairly regularly in the NFL today. Rookie and second year QBs are doing that with guys named Taylor Gabriel catching passes.

Its absolutely fucking ridiculous that you think Manning deserves some kind of credit or break given the fact we struggle to top 15 points most games.

I didn’t see anyone open that he missed. I think OBJ one time was all alone on the left but he had committed to Shepard on that play. You never really know the timing of those “he was all alone” calls. The defender could’ve dropped off by then.

Eli os the guy for the next 2 seasons at least so let’s fix everything else around huim. The OLine is the core of the problems. I’m not n Eli lover but given proper cover, he can win games

So youre saying the options are throwing interceptions or always checking down and not targeting people down field? Its laughable that the Giants havent scored 30 points or more in over 3 years. Even bad teams do that fairly regularly in the NFL today. Rookie and second year QBs are doing that with guys named Taylor Gabriel catching passes.

Its absolutely fucking ridiculous that you think Manning deserves some kind of credit or break given the fact we struggle to top 15 points most games.

I think its fucking ridiculous that you think we have an average offensive line.

I didn’t see anyone open that he missed. I think OBJ one time was all alone on the left but he had committed to Shepard on that play. You never really know the timing of those “he was all alone” calls. The defender could’ve dropped off by then.

Eli os the guy for the next 2 seasons at least so let’s fix everything else around huim. The OLine is the core of the problems. I’m not n Eli lover but given proper cover, he can win games

Eli has to find a way to win that game, if he cannot what is the point? A Weak defensive team and the Giants offense was keeping the high powered Saints offense in check

Eli has to find a way to win that game, if he cannot what is the point? A Weak defensive team and the Giants offense was keeping the high powered Saints offense in check

You dont think playcalling had a bit to do with that yesterday. They abandoned the run .

Just so everyone knows going forward: Mike Shula does not call offensive plays. He has input on offensive plays that should be called. Pat Shurmur calls the offensive plays.

There is no one person you can point at to be the problem with the offense. It is just bad right now and I say right now because they can improve and will improve, only a question of when. It is very difficult to work around the ongoing problems with the offensive line.

IMO we need to double the number of running plays, we have to keep running the ball until works. Running game has to get going to pull defense up to the line so we can open up the passing game. We have the weapons to do it, just need to commit to it.

I see the problem as two fold.

First, the offensive line. It's gotten worse almost every season since 2011, and they weren't even good that season. I think they're already slightly improved, and are likely to get better as 2018 progresses. But they still aren't good enough.

And second, caused by the first, is that Eli is playing scared. I think twice now I've seen him go fetal before the pass rusher was even fully free. I'm scared to say it, but at his age, his game may be shot, even if the OL pulls it together and ascends to average. Unfortunately we have little choice but to hope that Eli can get his eyes back downfield.

First, the offensive line. It's gotten worse almost every season since 2011, and they weren't even good that season. I think they're already slightly improved, and are likely to get better as 2018 progresses. But they still aren't good enough.

And second, caused by the first, is that Eli is playing scared. I think twice now I've seen him go fetal before the pass rusher was even fully free. I'm scared to say it, but at his age, his game may be shot, even if the OL pulls it together and ascends to average. Unfortunately we have little choice but to hope that Eli can get his eyes back downfield.

We had a choice.. he was released inexplicably. Good luck getting him back from the Jets now.

There is no QB in the NFL that can play better than Eli Manning behind that offensive line with a limited running game.