SportsWrath

Barkley: High ankle sprain

Herc

Barkley out for Sunday.

Honestly though, he might just be back for the Pats, however if there's any doubt his ankle you just wait another week.

absolutely. A sprain is no joke. If he comes back to soon he risks big problems going forward. Infection, more damage and possibly more damage to other areas like the foot and knee. Also could cause problems with the healthy ankle. No need to rush. Its a rebuilding year and he is still very young and has a long career ahead of him

A rebuilding year? Guys, theyre a game out of first place. Its not a rebuilding year until theyre eliminated from the playoffs.

well theyre young and in a division that has one good team. One team that should be a contender and a shitty team and a young team with all new players and staff.

There's too many good teams in the north and west to compete with for a playoff spot

Also the south isn't horrible with new Orleans, Tampa, and Carolina..also Atlanta is still dangerous

A rebuilding year? Guys, theyre a game out of first place. Its not a rebuilding year until theyre eliminated from the playoffs.

I still think they are a 8 win team at best.

The defense has done nothing to prove otherwise.

The Vikings and Pats will be a good test to see where they are NFL wise with Jones.

And the matchup against the Cowboys again later in the year.

But the NFL doesnt work like that, unless youre the Dolphins, I guess. Shurmur needs to start winning. Hes guaranteed at least another year but at the same time, these guys are fighting every season for jobs. Theyre not going to just rest guys and err on the side of caution with guys because there are other good NFL teams. If Barkley is ready and medically cleared, he comes back as soon as he can. I think the Giants can compete with the better teams. I thought so from the beginning of the year. I thought Manning was holding them back still (he was) and I thought a young defense needed some simplification (and its starting to happen). I think this team can win 9 or 10 games.

Exactly. F that. When you have a QB who has shown the things Jones has, regardless of the rookie mistakes, no game is unwinable. You dont stop fighting till its over.

Oh, don't get me wrong...i love what ive been seeing the last two games and im rooting hard for them to win every game. But its a tough league...and this team has rookies and young less experienced full time players that are growing into whatever they may become. Im realistic about this team. But i love what theyre doing lately.

I dont think 8-8 or 9-7 gets the giants a playoff berth this year..but id be ecstatic if they do make the playoffs.

Think of the likely locks...bears...rams...cowboys...Saints..packers..Seattle

Thats 4 division winners and 2 wildcards.

Id love for the Giants to get in but theres a lot of stiff competition for a team with so much youth and inexperience.

I guess were all saying the same thing, really. Get him back when hes ready. Its the dont rush him back because the team might not be playoff caliber thing that bothers me.

See that's what I have no problem with though.

If the Giants lose to the Vikings and Pats, there really is no urgency to get Barkley back, if he isnt by that point.

I'm sure he will be.

This team isnt (atleast from what I've seen) playoff caliber, at least on the defensive side of the ball and the lack of depth.

I think Im misinterpreting you guys when you say dont rush him back. Im picturing hes ready to return after say 4 weeks and because we lost to the patriots and or Vikings, we keep him out for the 6-8 weeks when even at 2-4 we wont be mathematically eliminated.

I think Im misinterpreting you guys when you say dont rush him back. Im picturing hes ready to return after say 4 weeks and because we lost to the patriots and or Vikings, we keep him out for the 6-8 weeks when even at 2-4 we wont be mathematically eliminated.

2-4 isn't eliminated but it shows we can't win against capable teams.

I just meant if he wasnt ready by week 4 of the time table, then don't rush him back.

He's obviously well ahead of all reports but lets say he wasnt, he was still hobbling around in the walking boot.

No reason for the Giants to try to get him back on the field lets say after the Pats game just because it's only been four weeks.

If he takes longer to heal, then let him, especially if they lose to the Pats and Vikings.

Obviously it's not a concern because the dude is proving everyone wrong.

We will never see another season like 2007 again.

Sorry to say it but that was a once in a life time season.

Perhaps not, but the point still stands. A team can evolve over a season. Sure they might not make it to the show, but I think most of us would be more than happy with a playoff appearance.

Now that may be a fools dream, but right now its still possible. Right now its much more possible than what we saw after the first two weeks.

Perhaps not, but the point still stands. A team can evolve over a season. Sure they might not make it to the show, but I think most of us would be more than happy with a playoff appearance.

Now that may be a fools dream, but right now its still possible. Right now its much more possible than what we saw after the first two weeks.

Oh I'm not saying it cant.

Going into this year all I wanted to see was mainly 1) A much improved Oline 2) A defence that isnt bottom of the NFL in every category 3) Eli or Jones to put some life back into the passing game.

So far two of those things have happened, I'm still waiting on this defence to show something against a REAL offence in the NFL.

However there is signs of improvement.

Baker has only allowed like two catches the last two games, the LBs (before Connelly got hurt) are looking strong, the hog mollies on the DL are showing they are developing and Golden might get another contract with how he's rushing the passer.

There's still a lot of concern but who knows with another 12 games to go and get better (or worse lol) I've said it before this team can get 8-9 wins and maybe if they are lucky push a wildcard spot.

yeah a grade one will swell and bruise but it wont hurt like a grade two or three. You can manage on a grade one and have very little to almost no restrictions after a few days.

Trust me..a bad grade 2 or a full tear grade 3 sprian will have you on crutches for at least two weeks and then a cam boot. You wont be able to run competitively for at least 6 weeks. Assuming there arent any setbacks like a hematoma or cellulitis...or surgery

Come to think of it yea.. I remember those black and blue ankles and crutches...