SportsWrath

Roughing The Passer

Treehugger

Serious WTF here. The Dolphins just lost DT William Hayes with a torn ACL, which he got while trying not to land on Derek Carr.

http://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1043920586437783552

I can understand a 'roughing' call if the QB is already on the ground but if the tackle starts with both players on their feet it's just crazy to penalise the defender for doing his job.

It's time to go to Two-Hand Touch on the QBs. You can't bar defense from going after them, but at the same time let them escape to create some magical down-field scramble/completion...so...defense gets two hands on QB, he is down.

Or let them get creamed/let them escape.

This is just plain stupid. I've seen so many other plays where if one of the collidants is a QB it would be a penalty, but they weren't, so it wasn't.

Yeah I think it was Kiwanuka who held up on a sack once and the qb took advantage and completed a pass. That kinda shit is bullshit and so is guys getting hurt because of this rule

Cost us the game vs the Panthers if I'm remembering correctly.

Maybe it starts with not paying them crazy money. If QBs are just another cog, there is no incentive to over-protect their baby asses.

The problem with this is, you only have maybe 15-20 QBs with any real talent in the NFL.

If they get hurt you end up with teams starting the Blaine Gabberts of the world.

Not that good for viewership ($$$).

I do agree though, they might as well make it, so when the QB gets touched by a defender the play is dead and it's a sack at this point.

The problem with this is, you only have maybe 15-20 QBs with any real talent in the NFL.

If they get hurt you end up with teams starting the Blaine Gabberts of the world.

Not that good for viewership ($$$).

I do agree though, they might as well make it, so when the QB gets touched by a defender the play is dead and it's a sack at this point.

Agreed, great QBs make for great games.

There needs to be some risk though. That is part of the appeal of the game.

Agreed, great QBs make for great games.

There needs to be some risk though. That is part of the appeal of the game.

Exactly injuries are part of the game QBS shouldn't be am exception just look at San Fran and Garapololol blowing his knee out, their season is tanked at week 3 and it wasn't even a sack that did it in.

from what Ive read the NFL isn't happy about all these roughing the passer penalties.

Expect changes, again, in the off season.