SportsWrath

Draft day trois, thread.

BlueInCanada

I have to admit, Getty has pretty much nailed every pick except the most important one.

Maybe he nailed that one too, we have no clue yet. His Duke team looked atrocious though, probably why he was so shitty in the stats department.

Why are they loading up on CBS?

I think they're just going bpa, and that is how it fell.

I don't think they'll trade Jenkins unless it's midseason and the team is trash. He's lazy when the team sucks, but when things are right all around him he's a crazed dog.

I don't think they'll trade Jenkins unless it's midseason and the team is trash. He's lazy when the team sucks, but when things are right all around him he's a crazed dog.

Horrible personality trait honestly....

George Asafo-Adjei, OT/OG
School: Kentucky | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Senior | Age: 22?
Height/Weight: 6-5 / 315 lbs
Projected Draft Status: 3rd Round
NFL Comparison: Billy Turner

College Statistics

N/A

Player Overview

Known as “Big George” on the football field George Asafo-Adjei just might be one of the most underrated tackle/guard prospects this year. He committed to Kentucky in 2015 and was the first freshman during Head Coach Mark Stoops tenure to avoid being given a redshirt. He started immediately at right tackle. It wasn’t smooth sailing for him at first though. He lost the job his freshman season after a few games and was moved to guard during his sophomore season. His coaches credit this transition and experience as essential to George’s growth into the player he is now. He moved back to RT his junior year and has held down that position since. Asafo-Adjei is now considered one of Kentucky’s best offensive lineman, recognized twice this season as SEC offensive lineman of the week. I think Asafo-Adjei is one of the more consistent and reliable RT prospects in this draft. He is leader on the offensive side of the ball and was voted team captain. His teammates credit him for his professionalism and influence on them regarding work ethic and how to prepare. He has held his own against challenges from top competition and should be receiving a lot more press as this draft season kicks into gear.

Strengths
  • Good size, height, and I daresay length (without official measurements) for the position. If he’s going to play tackle in the NFL (I think he should) He could stand to add a little more weight. Very strong.
  • The biggest thing that stands out about him is his footwork and ability to adjust to EDGE rushers. It’s beautiful the way he was able to handle rushers all season long but especially the EDGE players from Miss St, Florida, and Tennessee.
  • Plays with good awareness, arm extension is great, once he gets hands on his defender he can really lock on. Absorbs defenders power and can counter. Keeps his feet moving through the play. Creates nice solid arch on right side of the pocket. Really solid in pass protection.
  • Displays really good body control on the run. For a tackle of his size he shows really great leverage and balance. He’s able to push and turn defenders to seal off running lanes.
  • Praised for his leadership and professionalism.
Weaknesses
  • While impressive in close quarters I’m not completely sold on his athleticism especially in space. He was late to a few screens and sometimes has trouble finding work at the second level.
  • Would love it if he developed a solid punch and swat move instead of relying on moving step for step against defenders.
  • When he has “free time” he should remain vigilant on his side (as he does) but he should also look to help out his teammates still working.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/1/4/18158149/with-rt-depth-non-existent-in-2019-george-asafo-adjei-could-give-redskins-security-consistency

Dunno guys... I gotta good feeling about Ryan Connelly.

I think outside of #6 and not drafting an offensive lineman early this draft has been solid. However I get that youre not going to cover every hole but the OL is a glaring need.

I think outside of #6 and not drafting an offensive lineman early this draft has been solid. However I get that youre not going to cover every hole but the OL is a glaring need.

We didn't have a second round pick, and Oshane in the third was really the last chance to get a starting pass rusher.

Hell Love in the 4th was a steal guy has a second round grade on him.

There wasnt really any Oline worth a pick, unless they reached.

The good news is though some players went undrafted who the Giants could bring in to compete at RT.

Other than that the OL is fairly well set.

Solder, Herny, Hiphoplo, Zeitler, FA/Vet/Trade/Undrafted/Wheeler.

I do seriously think that Getty addresses RT before the start of the season.

I personally love this draft, Getty went hard to fix up the defence and bring in a WR/OT to compete in camp, as well as address the long time problem behind Eli.

But after spending three days here with this draftmania, I'm out and see everyone tomorrow, can't wait to get reading about all these new additions to the team.

We didn't have a second round pick, and Oshane in the third was really the last chance to get a starting pass rusher.

Hell Love in the 4th was a steal guy has a second round grade on him.

There wasnt really any Oline worth a pick, unless they reached.

The good news is though some players went undrafted who the Giants could bring in to compete at RT.

Other than that the OL is fairly well set.

Solder, Herny, Hiphoplo, Zeitler, FA/Vet/Trade/Undrafted/Wheeler.

I do seriously think that Getty addresses RT before the start of the season.

Yeah youre right.... Im exhausted after all of this lol.

see what you did there. And I agree. Hes a great player

We got a gigantic acquisition at right guard. Its not like gettleman didnt improve the line this year

He cried telling the story to the media about his mom working three jobs to get by and how now he feels like he's got an opportunity to better her life. I'm really rooting for that kid.

Edit: oh wait I thought you were talking about the draft pick.