SportsWrath

James Brewer isn’t broken up over cancelled Rookie Symposium

Mr. P

j-brewer.jpg

Going to the Rookie Symposium is probably like going to the dentist. It’s good for you, but no one is going to look forward to it.

Giants rookie tackle James Brewer is pleased he won’t have to attend because of the lockout.

“That’s probably one thing I’m not going to say I’ll miss, going to [Ohio] for three days or so of pretty much a freshman orientation,” Brewer told the New York Post. “Kind of letting you know what not to do. I feel I have pretty good common sense, so I think I’ll be OK. I don’t think I need someone to tell me not to hit women and stuff like that. I think I kind of know that already.”

The folks who put on the Rookie Symposium would certainly argue that they get more in-depth than Don’t Hit Women 101, but Brewer’s heart seems to be in the right place.

“Those three days [at the symposium] doesn’t make you better as a player,” Brewer said. “It’s more of ‘Here are the rules, don’t break ‘em’ deal and I would much rather be in Jersey training.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/26/james-brewer-isnt-broken-up-over-cancelled-rookie-symposium/

I know it's not much of a story, but look at the shape of his head.

That's a Biblical Afro-Asiatic head man.....when they did reconstructions of 1st Century probable face of Jesus and other Jews of the era...they used as templates several Jewish skulls and that is what they looked like... :laugh:

Dude....are you saying JC is a blockhead?

The average Jewish cranium of that era more closely resembled a block head than the stylized European visages that many people fall to their knees for..... ;) . Those images are due to the personal experiences of the requisite artist and have very little to do with how most of the men in the region actually looked like. There was a famous comparison of skull measurements between those of a number of Roman Legionaires and men who were Jews living in the region; with the results that most of the Jews were Blockheads. Most could be easily delineated from skulls identified as being Roman using cursory visual inspections....much less actually measuring tell tale sites used by forensic anthropologists use to make a facial reconstruction from a skull. So yes J.C. was probably a visual block head. :P