SportsWrath

Fix the Giants!

Sephiroth

Time to fix the Giants!

1. Fire both the OC and DC. Really... the playcalling has lost us at least four games this year. They're fucking awful, and most of us have been saying it since game three. Huff, Gilbride, and Lewis AT THE VERY LEAST have to go.

2. Sign a veteran backup to Eli. That way, when he starts to suck for more than three games in a row, we can put someone else in.

3. Get a corner who can cover. He will benefit greatly by having a new D coordinator who can call a game.

4. Don't draft a DE in the first round next year. Just trust me on this one.

5. Don't fuck up. I read Confusius recently, and I saw a passage: "He who fucks up less will win the game." If you watch the Giants/Cowboys game, you can see this is true.

EDIT: Holy shit, forgot the most important thing! Relaxico must go! He's a fucking asshole loser.

How about all of you? What do you think?

tank the rest of the season, go 6-10 and get a top ten draft pick.

fire coughlin

don't hire a gm from within, that means NO owners as gm. i've peoli but that doens't look likely.

don't hire a college coach unless it's charlie weiss. my preference is jeff fisher, though if he keeps winning i expect tennessee to exercise his option. don't hire another disciplinarian. you dont need an established coach with a rep for running a prison camp at practice and during the summer. just ask the jets.

target the WR from georgia tech. he's suposed to be the best wr prospect since randy moss but he might go as high as #2. it'll take the pressure off burress--who's been overrated during his time here. he's a great #2 and a below-average #1. it'll also be easier to cut him if he continues to be a problem next season. if not too expensive trade up for him, otherwise take best defensive player available as long as it's not too much of a reach. focus on linebacker and secondary depth in other rounds. don't draft a RB. jacobs and ward are more than sufficient next season

I absolutely despise logic that implies that if we lose out, and we get a good draft pick, it automatically means the player will be better. For all we know, the #22 overall pick can turn out to be a star, and the #8 overall pick may suck. That's why that logic is retarded, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Have faith in your team.

you're basing that opinion on exceptions, not actual facts

No. If I felt like it right now, I could research 100 things that prove me right.

One off the top of my head tells me if we won two more games in 1999, then we would've drafted Shaun Alexander by falling 7-10 slots instead of Dayne.

that's an exception and exceptions are always played up in the media. people thought charles rogers was a better pick than andre johnson, johnson went 2, rogers went 3. how'd that work out? besides, if the giants had a top 10 pick instead of the 15th pick and then took a bust that's on them and their scouting department, not their draft position

If we win, we are talking about how great of a comeback game plax had. Don't call him out.

We're keeping Coughlin, but if we don't even make the playoffs, the coordinators are gone.

Fuck that! By some grace of god we just happen to win the Superbowl, Heckle and Jeckle still should be shown the door.

you dont need an established coach with a rep for running a prison camp at practice and during the summer. just ask the jets.

The Giants have had no problems getting FA's to come here in the offseason, despite Coughlin's rep.

Burress, Pierce, Mc Kenzie, Madison, Mc Quarters, Demps... these guys all came here during Coughlin's tenure. And I'm sorry, but the Giants "leadership" within the team have always been shoot-from the hip, undisciplined guys (Strahan and Barber publicly fighting a few years back, Stray and Burress recently, Tiki's retirement, Shockey and everything, etc.)

This team needs an ass-kicker for a head coach. It's the in-game playcalling that fucking sucks.

that's an exception and exceptions are always played up in the media. people thought charles rogers was a better pick than andre johnson, johnson went 2, rogers went 3. how'd that work out? besides, if the giants had a top 10 pick instead of the 15th pick and then took a bust that's on them and their scouting department, not their draft position

So you honestly believe that you would rather lose out then get in the playoffs where anything can happen? I don't know about you, but I'd rather get to the playoffs and see how the draft picks work from there.

There are so many top 10 busts and so many 20-30 steals in the NFL these days. To say losing out would be better for the franchise would be ridiculous.

For example, people thought the 9ers screwed their franchise by beating the Texans the last game of the year so they couldn't draft Bush. Well they wound up getting Vernon Davis who should be a stud for them at TE while they have allowed their RB Frank Gore to emerge.

ugh, coughlin hired those coordinators and was severly criticized when he did so. those guys are a reflection of coughlin and his decision making. why does he get a free pass?

Because our FO just HAS to show loyalty to everyone we hire

:TD:

So you honestly believe that you would rather lose out then get in the playoffs where anything can happen? I don't know about you, but I'd rather get to the playoffs and see how the draft picks work from there.

There are so many top 10 busts and so many 20-30 steals in the NFL these days. To say losing out would be better for the franchise would be ridiculous.

For example, people thought the 9ers screwed their franchise by beating the Texans the last game of the year so they couldn't draft Bush. Well they wound up getting Vernon Davis who should be a stud for them at TE while they have allowed their RB Frank Gore to emerge.

Aside from the draft position, if we lose out we might have a coaching staff that isn't sniffing glue during the games. If we back into the playoffs, we get to deal with this same shit next season.

Aside from the draft position, if we lose out we might have a coaching staff that isn't sniffing glue during the games. If we back into the playoffs, we get to deal with this same shit next season.

I don't think our FO is that dumb to keep coaches that we shouldn't.

But then again you could be right :doh:

this has very little to do with our draft pick and EVERYTHING to do with us not having coughlin next season. i dont care if we have the 10th pick instead of the 20th. obviously i prefer the 10th spot but it's not enough for me to want to lose out. it's all about not giving our FO an excuse to keep coughlin. if you want to seriously believe that we can back into the playoffs at 9-7 and win the superbowl then be my guest, but it aint happening. we're not a superbowl team--i mean you HAVE been watching this team the past two months right? even during our 5 game winning streak we didn't look that great towards the end of it and now we've lost 4 games in a row. we blew a 2 game division lead, a good conference record and a perfect division record in a month. why would you want coughlin here next season? what has he ever shown you? i understand that i had to argue a LOT about why coughlin sucked during our win streak, but i kidn of figured i'd have to make the argument less and less as the losses piled up

What if we go 6-10 and TC winds up getting his extension? Then what do you think? Coughlin is coming back no matter what, so you might as well root for your team.

You think Cards fans thought at 83 wins they'd win the WS? Get to the playoffs, and crazy things have happened.

I mean, who the fuck knows what we are capable of when we get there? Getting another playoff game of experieince under Eli's belt will never hurt. And it'll be fun anticipating and hoping that a miracle can happen.

So are you going to watch the game from your tv this week and root for the Panthers?

What if we go 6-10 and TC winds up getting his extension? Then what do you think? Coughlin is coming back no matter what, so you might as well root for your team.

You think Cards fans thought at 83 wins they'd win the WS? Get to the playoffs, and crazy things have happened.

I mean, who the fuck knows what we are capable of when we get there? Getting another playoff game of experieince under Eli's belt will never hurt. And it'll be fun anticipating and hoping that a miracle can happen.

So are you going to watch the game from your tv this week and root for the Panthers?

listen, i can't sit in front of the tv and root against my team. all im saying is that it's in our best long term interests to do so

and if we lose out coughlin's outta here. they like him enough to give him an extension at 8-8 maybe even 7-9, but 8 losses in a row for the 2nd time in 3 seasons? a blown two game division lead? no chance

listen, i can't sit in front of the tv and root against my team. all im saying is that it's in our best long term interests to do so

and if we lose out coughlin's outta here. they like him enough to give him an extension at 8-8 maybe even 7-9, but 8 losses in a row for the 2nd time in 3 seasons? a blown two game division lead? no chance

I hope you're right but I don't think with new GMs coming in that our HC would be fired. Especially the one our FO as of now is in love with.

Maybe we can move him up to scout or something. I don't think we are letting him go from the organization.

there wont be a demotion. either he gets fired or he gets extended. if the FO hires the new gm from within i figure he'll get another shot, but if they hire a gm from outside and we're 6-10 i think we'll have a new coach

there wont be a demotion. either he gets fired or he gets extended. if the FO hires the new gm from within i figure he'll get another shot, but if they hire a gm from outside and we're 6-10 i think we'll have a new coach

Yeah, but all signs point to Reese and Mara being GMs.

and i would never root for the giants to lose, but i do think it's in their best interest to lose out and not set us back by going 8-8 and getting demolished in the first round and having coughlin extended. i will still watch the games and hnope they will win, but im past the point where i get angry at another bad coughlin decision or another penalty