SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Truth is he shouldn't have been drafted in the first place. He was a "value pick". The last one was Nassib and we got nothing at all from him.

Move on. I think Lauletta will surprise us all.

Whats the truth in Alex Tanney? What is he?

Can anyone explain why we keep Tanney over Webb?

Fact is we had 3 sucky QBs vying for the Backup role and since Lautetta was drafted by the current regime, one of the 2 had to go and they got rid of Webb. Who is not going to be a quality starter at any point in his career.

Yep , Webb just isn't good enough , if Eli goes down we are totally screwed anyway ( meanwhile lets hope that Lauletta develops )

I read one fan theory, that Webb had poor body language after plays went wrong. Indicating poor intrapersonal skills maybe? I hadn't noticed that though.

Webb in my opinion was in line to replace Manning and outplay Manning.... he has all the measurables. This move bu the FO is dumber than any move I can remember...

Keenum is still signed by Denver and slated to be their starting qb. Did you mean Paxton Lynch?

Nah I meant keenum forgot he went to Denver. I dont think we can go in thinking the season is over if Eli gets hurt. Need a competent backup. I dont think Jets will carry 3. This might be a good situation for Bridge(over troubled)water.

Nah I meant keenum forgot he went to Denver. I dont think we can go in thinking the season is over if Eli gets hurt. Need a competent backup. I dont think Jets will carry 3. This might be a good situation for Bridge(over troubled)water.

Your the Jets won't carry three, problem is they figured that out 5 days ago when they traded him to New Orleans

Webb in my opinion was in line to replace Manning and outplay Manning.... he has all the measurables. This move bu the FO is dumber than any move I can remember...

Webb’s footwork were/was a disaster. The guy came from an air raid/mouse Davis system and didn’t have any intangibles besides having a rocket arm.

He was a luxury pick and then the same season the team tanked.

Lauletta has advanced footwork, the only knock is his arm strength.

Webb’s footwork were/was a disaster. The guy came from an air raid/mouse Davis system and didn’t have any intangibles besides having a rocket arm.

Btw, can someone tell Mastershake/Vendetta that this isnt the politics board.

What a sizzling HOT TAKE from that guy. Can just imagine him bashing his keyboard when something doesnt go his way.

You have me confused with BlueCanada.

Anyhow...you defending Alex Tanney as the superior choice over Webb is amusing. Again, why Tanney over Webb? Between the two, which one do you think has the greater chance to be a starter in the league 4-5 years down the road?

I get it though, you, like BC, just blindly follow

You have me confused with BlueCanada.

Anyhow...you defending Alex Tanney as the superior choice over Webb is amusing. Again, why Tanney over Webb? Between the two, which one do you think has the greater chance to be a starter in the league 4-5 years down the road?

Neither one has a chance at starting, but Ill play along with this.

Right now the answer is Tanney as he is actually you know....employed by a team right now.

Youre an idiot.

Webb isnt an NFL caliber player. He has a strong arm and thats it. His footwork is beyond awful. The guy had one year in the league and the footwork is still atrocious.

If Manning gets hurt, well be picking high again next season regardless.

Im not defending Tanney, but to say that the new front office and coaching staff didnt like Webb because of an ego thing is stupid.

Webb was a project pick, Lauletta already has superior footwork. Thats half the battle in the NFL now

Youre an idiot.

Webb isnt an NFL caliber player. He has a strong arm and thats it. His footwork is beyond awful. The guy had one year in the league and the footwork is still atrocious.

Im not defending Tanney, but to say that the new front office and coaching staff didnt like Webb because of an ego thing is stupid.

Webb was a project pick, Lauletta already has superior footwork. Thats half the battle in the NFL now

I get the concerns with Webb...the issue is if you have to choose one, why are we choosing Tanney over Webb? I dont quite get it. Particularly as Webb showed decent improvement over last year, is much younger, and the jury is still out. I highly doubt Alex Tanney will pull a Kurt Warner, or Brad Johnson, dont you? I doubt hes even a capable backup.

I thought Bridgewater was traded already.

Webbs footwork were/was a disaster. The guy came from an air raid/mouse Davis system and didnt have any intangibles besides having a rocket arm.

Look I hope youre right but Webb played very well and showed he has more than just a strong arm....

Shit if they didnt think highly of Webb, why not draft a qb?

A lot of shit doesnt make senses here.

Youre an idiot.

I didn't really see the bad footwork in games 2 and 3. Game 1 was rough though.

And Webb made some nice throws on the move, despite suspect footwork. That was half the fascination with Darnold, the fact that he could make accurate throws despite a seeming disconnect between his hands and feet. When somebody has an arm like Webb's, I give almost zero fucks about his footwork. Dude could wrist it 30 yards on a rope, he wasn't getting cut over footwork.

I think it had to be something personality based. Webb was a bit flippant in response to a couple McAdoo interviews, maybe that's a clue. I think I already mentioned the body language rumor. Webb was self-appointed team DJ....

The more I think about it, the more I think the answers to our questions weren't on the field.